Forcing page save/close to release

Geoff Sowrey

May 3, 2007, 5:30:45 PM5/3/07
to RedDot CMS Users
I swear I knew how to do this before, but for the life of me I can't
find the option or remember how it was done...

There is/was a way to force the close of a page to automatically
release rather than stay in a draft mode. Can anyone out there remind
this poor soul's apparently horrible memory?

Thanks,
Geoff

Gavin Cope

May 3, 2007, 5:35:50 PM5/3/07
to RedDot-C...@googlegroups.com
Yep, it's an option in the Project General Settings.

Cheers,

Gavin

Geoff Sowrey

May 3, 2007, 5:43:18 PM5/3/07
to RedDot CMS Users
As reported to me (and boy, do I feel like an idiot for having this
stare me in the face):

Smart Tree -> Administer Project Settings -> General Settings -> Edit
Settings (in Action Menu).

Un-check: ClosePage RedDot saves pages as draft

djaeger

May 4, 2007, 7:13:37 AM5/4/07
to RedDot CMS Users
I've never found a situation where I would be comfortable releasing
pages automatically. In what situation are you using this?

David

> > Geoff- Hide quoted text -

Geoff Sowrey

May 4, 2007, 4:41:11 PM5/4/07
to RedDot CMS Users
It's for workflow specifically to assist the translators. We have an
automatic publish that executes to send files to an intermediary
server, where a cron script copies files up to a preview/approval
server. This is mostly to support the massive amounts of security we
have in place (it's a pull copy, not a push copy, as a result). It's a
bit of a long, complicated story. ;)

But it's limited, and that's the only reason. Otherwise, it works
fine.

Geoff