Fly For Tots updates

Chris Hockaday

Aug 1, 2008, 3:02:57 AM8/1/08
to RDRC club
Hey guys and gals...

There are MANY updates on the FFT website. The "Sponsors/Pilots" page is now live, as is the "Prizes" page. I have updated all of the sponsor graphics to include the committed sponsors thus far and have added a page for the field work day, which is located on the main page on left hand side bar at the bottom. Check it out at :

http://www.flyfortots.com

Chris D. Hockaday
AMA 498981
NSRCA 3972
KF4DBX

Dave WB4IUY

Aug 4, 2008, 6:26:32 PM8/4/08
to RDRC
There are now a number of discussions on various internet forums about
the upcoming event. They are on:

Flying Giants
Team Flying Circus
Radio Control Zone
RC Groups
RC Hangout
Shay RC
RC Universe
Tarheel R/C Flyers
...and the RDRC Forum

It is also now listed on the events calendar of all the above sites!
Dave

Dave WB4IUY

Aug 4, 2008, 9:41:58 PM8/4/08
to RDRC
Check out the front page on RCGroups at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/

Cool deal!
Dave

Dave WB4IUY

Aug 8, 2008, 7:25:46 AM8/8/08
to RDRC
FFT website test.... please have a look at flyfortots.com, and see if
thinks look "right" to y'all. One of the guys mentioned the header
looked compressed over to the LH side of the page on their browser. If
you see formatting issues, please tell us what browser you're using
(Firefox, IE, etc) and what your monitor resolution is. We've been
testing it on several computers/resolutions here, and can't find the
problem.

Thanks!
Dave

Matt Harris

Aug 8, 2008, 10:24:44 PM8/8/08
to RD...@googlegroups.com
What I see, with both firefox and IE is the B&W background picture
behind the fly for tots logo seems to repeat all the way to the right
just to the right of the airplane. What I see is a strip about 10
pixels wide or so of the end of the picture repeating all the way to the
right in my browser window. This image will repeat ad infinitum it
seems, since the image is just set to repeat to fill up the width of the
browser window.
It doesn't look ugly though.

Matt Harris

Aug 8, 2008, 10:25:48 PM8/8/08
to RD...@googlegroups.com
I will have to add, after perusing the site, Dave, that I'm glad Chris
put up "world famous pilots", so that my presence at this event won't go
unannounced.
-Matt

Dave WB4IUY

Aug 9, 2008, 10:22:47 AM8/9/08
to RDRC
On Aug 8, 9:25 pm, Matt Harris <kd4p...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I will have to add, after perusing the site, Dave, that I'm glad Chris
> put up "world famous pilots", so that my presence at this event won't go
> unannounced.
> -Matt

That's right :-) . Thanks for the help!
Dave

Chris Hockaday

Aug 9, 2008, 1:57:37 PM8/9/08
to RD...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Matt..I put that there intentionally, to eat up any voids folks might have with wack resolutions. I have figured out that I can't adjust to suit every resolution, since there are so many being used around the globe.

Chris D. Hockaday
AMA 498981
NSRCA 3972
KF4DBX

Chris Hockaday

Aug 9, 2008, 1:58:04 PM8/9/08
to RD...@googlegroups.com
I had to cover every angle

Chris D. Hockaday
AMA 498981
NSRCA 3972
KF4DBX

Aug 14, 2008, 6:46:44 AM8/14/08
to RDRC
Check it out... Chris has uploaded another pile of sponsors, prizes,
and pilots to the event site at www.FlyForTots.com. This event is
gonna be bigger than ever!

Dave

Dave WB4IUY

Aug 21, 2008, 8:49:38 PM8/21/08
to RDRC

On Aug 14, 5:46 am, Dave WB4IUY <supp...@scootworks.com> wrote:
> Check it out... Chris has uploaded another pile of sponsors, prizes,
> and pilots to the event site atwww.FlyForTots.com. This event is
> gonna be bigger than ever!
>
> Dave

Only 30 more days until FFT.... I can't wait!!!
Dave