A new web war against Hamid Mir-warning for journalist community

Haris Khan

May 14, 2010, 4:07:34 PM5/14/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
Hamid Mir is an old target of enemies of Pakistan and democracy.American author Robert Spencer wrote many articles against him on the web pages.US Ambassador wrote a letter against Hamid Mir last year.On the other side some sponsored extremist elements in the Pakistani establishment accuse our journalist friend that he is working for CIA.This allegation was first made by an ISI sponsored intellectual Zaid Hamid when Hamid Mir was banned by Musharraf in 2007.Now these same elements have hatched a new conspiracy against Hamid Mir and concocted a so-called telephonic conversation of Hamid Mir with some unkown person.It is clear that this conversation is the creation of some dirty minds.They tried to prove that Hamid Mir is talking to some militant about Khalid Khawaja but interestingly Hamid Mir is actually trying to know that where is Khawaja?He can talk to anyone who calls him but this tape breaks many times and it is a clear computer work.So-called militant in the tape is accusing that Khawaja was involved in the bombing of a Mosque in Rawalpindi but Hamid Mir is not aware.Militant informing him that the son of Khawaja is part of Al Qaeda but Mir is not aware.Mir never confirmed these things despite the fact that other person trying to put some words in Mir's mouth.The main objective of this whole tape is to prove that Khawaja was a terrorist having links with CIA and Hamid Mir hates Qadianis.May be somebody in the agencies want to blackmail Hamid Mir.Some people trying to kill two birds with one stone.We think that this is a dirty work of some secret agencies because Hamid Mir is raising voice for missing persons.May be some more journalists will also come under fire in coming days but we don't need to worry.We will expose all the anti-media and anti-Pakistan elements in the establishment.

Haris Khan

muhamma...@geo.tv

May 15, 2010, 5:31:00 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Good work by Mir is highly appreciated . He is pure journalist and not a hunchman of any body,that I believe from core of my heart. Let's support this courageous journalist.
Khalid
May 15, 2010, 4:10:25 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
i agreee with haris. the same is happening with our colleague Tariq Habib, who works for Daily News, an evening english daily of Jang roup, after he did a story about mysterious disapperance of five pakistanis teaching at a dubai based medical college. the wife of one of the missing persons, wrote a letter to chief justice, and others informing them about diappearance of her husband and four others. she fears that her husband and others have been abducted and shifted to Gunatanamo Bay. As soon as the story appeared in the paper, he is receiving threats from a so-called Major Akram, who pretends himself to be an ISI operator. Unknown persons are chasing Mr habib, and calling him from different numbers besides hurling life threats.
The PFUJ, the KUJ  and other journalist organisation must take note of such tactics aimed at harassing the newsmen.

May 15, 2010, 8:24:44 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear.

Orya Jan Maqbool is absolutely wrong. This Hunza lake can not be  converted into a Dam. The studies on the matter has been completed and are available. ultimately it is  river passage and no possibility  for Dam.

regards
Mateen  Haider
Dawn News

ikram....@pk.g4s.com

May 15, 2010, 6:39:25 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
I agree with haris and amir latif, hamid mir is a very courageous journalist whose credentials and credibilty are both impeccable.more power to him

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: aamir latif <aam...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:10:25 -0700 (PDT)

addie...@gmail.com

May 15, 2010, 8:38:17 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Packet Journalists....???

Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:39:25 +0000

mushta...@gmail.com

May 15, 2010, 8:40:15 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
Don't worry Hamid Mir sahib peoples are aware who is wrong or right your r proud of our community.mushtaq Minhas

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone using my Telenor Persona connection

Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:39:25 +0000

Jawad - USA

May 15, 2010, 8:39:39 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv

After reading this email from Mr. Haris Khan, i was shocked and was trying
to search the audio tape which is being mentioned by harish khan. I found a
website from where i downloded it. After hearing the tape i am not sure if
the person speaking to the militant is Hamid Mir or not but there are some
contradictions in the following email from Haris Khan. I have highlighted
the points in Blue.

I tried to attach the audio tape downloaded from this site http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n5ntmuzjftt
but it is too big to be allowed by google
setting. So you can download from above website

Zafar Sipra "Ausaf"

May 15, 2010, 8:45:00 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
its  a good idea
if our leadership think it deeply

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Habib Akram <habib...@samaa.tv> wrote:

--
Zafar Ali Sipra
Staff Reporter

sumair...@expressnews.tv

May 15, 2010, 9:07:48 AM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Jawad it's also uploaded on utube as usual, I've seen it just a short while ago with the name of " Hamid Mir Game Over" but must tell u one thing it seems another fake product
Sumera
Express 24/7

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Jawad - USA <ja...@usa.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 05:39:39 -0700

Riaz Jafri

May 15, 2010, 12:48:47 PM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
Mr. Mushtaq Minhas says, "Don't worry Hamid Mir sahib peoples are aware who is wrong or right your r proud of our community.mushtaq Minhas"

peoples are aware -------   your r proud of our community.

Well done Mushtaq Minhas.  Angrezi dian yangan bhann ditiayan jey.

Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)

Adnan Gill

May 15, 2010, 1:03:15 PM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Following is the link to Hamid Mir's tape on YouTube. Unless, I missed something, I didn't hear anything incriminating from him. As far as the authenticity goes, voice signatures are like fingerprints, which can verified with absolute certainty.

As a journalist, it is acceptable for him to talk to militants. Also his personal beliefs are his business. All I care is whether he brings his bias to his show or not?

Though I take the original mail of this thread with a grain of salt. Haris Khan's defensive message devoid of any references was clearly a preemptive damage control exercise.

Instead of mobilizing proxies in his favor, I would highly recommend Mir Sahib to issue a short statement to set the record straight.

Adnan

May 15, 2010, 8:36:29 PM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
hamid mir is a pioneer of the media revolution that began 10 years ago. yes, more power to him.

Mr. M. Maroof Khan

May 15, 2010, 11:28:43 PM5/15/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Mir Sb we (journalists) r vid u....
M. Maroof Khan
VOK

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com; p...@expressnews.tv; pressp...@gmail.com; kas...@hotmail.com; abbas....@gmail.com; anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk; cal...@hotmail.com; capit...@geo.tv; colum...@expressnews.tv; drajma...@yahoo.com; faraz...@gmail.com; ghazan...@gmail.com; haiderja...@yahoo.com; inse...@dunyatv.tv; kazim...@thenews.com.pk; let...@dailytimes.com.pk; mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk; mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk; maryam....@yahoo.com; mashriqe...@yahoo.com; nazir...@janggroup.com.pk; mhmedi...@gmail.com; ory...@yahoo.com; qasim...@dawnnews.tv; rana....@geo.tv
From: mushta...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 12:40:15 +0000

Don't worry Hamid Mir sahib peoples are aware who is wrong or right your r proud of our community.mushtaq MinhasSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone using my Telenor Persona connection
I agree with haris and amir latif, hamid mir is a very courageous journalist whose credentials and credibilty are both impeccable.more power to himSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

Shahid

May 16, 2010, 4:47:07 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com

Its interesting to note that all the Hamid Mir supporters have chosen to remain quite about the recording of Hamid Mir posted on Youtube and numerous other sites, today the entire transcript of the said conversation is reporoduced in Daily Times. A Pakistani man (Khalid Khawaja) who is considered little understood was brutally murdered and dumped in the streets of Mir Ali, why should questions not be askd and why should any evidence related to this gruesome act not be aired.

Hamid Mir should come forward and state that the recording is fake and or fabricated. The question that will then arise, why should anyone go to this extent to find someone who can speak exactly like Hamid Mir and make him say all the things only Hamid Mir was privy of, as it concerns only his person and what is the objective of such an act. All the supporters of Hamid Mir should throw some light on this matter and or else be ready to for always be known as taking sides.

As far as I am concerned, I do not know what the truth is in this affair and want it to be cleared ASAP.

Best regards to all

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
"This e-mail message and information contained in or attached to this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, printing or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. Malik Shahid shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Malik Shahid does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. Thank you."

Wajahat Ali Khan

May 16, 2010, 3:51:14 AM5/16/10
to press pakistan, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kas...@hotmail.com, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv, Hamid Mir
Hi, wait a minute! why Hamid Mir has been targeted every time for those who are "journalistically & politically vagabond people, i believe that Hamid done lots of great jobs in Pakistani journalism and have honour international accadmic/journali  I just want to say no more but that, Mr Mir is the person who we being a nation and Pakistani journalist community should be proud of.

My regards

Wajahat Ali Khan
(Bureau chief)
Daily Khabrain UK

Secretary General
Pakistan Journalists Association UK

sardar tara singh

May 16, 2010, 5:17:53 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
We read Daily Times a very authentic newspaper of Pakistan.  The paper has published a piece on this alledged call of Hamid Mir with the activist of Punjabi Taliban who abducted Khalid Khwaja.

Hamid Mir’s terrifying indiscretions

LAHORE: A shocking audiotape of a conversation between Hamid Mir – one of the country’s top TV anchors – and a man purportedly linked to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, has revealed that negative information that Mir passed on to the Taliban could have led to the execution of Khalid Khawaja, the retired Air Force official allegedly killed by a group calling themselves the ‘Asian Tigers’.

The tape – which has Mir divulging dirt on Khawaja, ostensibly to someone who is going to cross examine him – was first posted by the Let Us Build Pakistan blog, and picked up by other online publications, including Café Pyala. It is still unclear who made the tape, with online speculation suggesting that it could be the militants themselves, or even intelligence agencies who released the recording.

Whatever the source may be, it is clear that one of the voices on the tape is Mir’s, a fact corroborated by his allusions to events such as his sacking from the daily Ausaf. In the tape, the person on the other end asks Mir for information on Khalid Khawaja. The content of the conversation suggests that this call was made before Khawaja’s execution earlier this month. Mir goes on to detail what he knows about Khawaja’s background, linking him to the CIA, an international network of Qadianis and an American named Mansur Ejaz, who, Mir claims, even offered to solve the Kashmir issue.

At one point, the voice on the other end claims to have abducted Khawaja. Here, Mir volunteers further information linking Khawaja to the Lal Masjid operation, saying that Khawaja and his wife were the ones responsible for the death of Ghazi Rasheed and the humiliating capture of Maulana Abdul Aziz and his family. Mir then urges the man to cross-examine Khawaja about his relationship with Mansur Ejaz, Qadianis and a CIA agent named William Casey.

Mir also mentions Javed Paracha – the Kohat-based PML-N lawmaker who offered to mediate Khawaja’s release. Towards the end of the tape, the voice on the other end says that he will relay the information (that Mir has given) to Hakeemullah Mehsud. staff report

Points of interest in the conversation

* Hamid Mir’s disparaging attitude towards Qadianis (in his own words, he considers them worse than kaafirs)

* His nonchalance when suicide bombings or the looting of NATO trucks are mentioned

* Mir’s repeated references to occasions where Khawaja has personally ‘betrayed’ him (He holds Khawaja personally responsible for his departure from the daily Ausaf)

* The high degree of reverence with which Mir refers to Ghazi Rasheed, Javed Paracha and other terrorists, including Abdul Rehman Kennedy

hamid mir

May 16, 2010, 4:31:56 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
Dear All,Thank you very much for your support.Today publisher of Daily Times and Governor Punjab Salman Taseer created a new record in the history of yellow journalism by publishing a one sided tape drama scandle against me.I would like to remind my journalist colleagues that Salman Taseer published many dirty articles against me in the past when i was banned by Musharraf regime on tv.Today he published the transcript of a concocted tape with some comments on the front page of his newspaper.Yes he tried to kill many birds with one bullet.

This is a conspiracy against me.Khalid Khawaja was assassinated in the month of April and this tape surfaced in the middle of May just few days before some important political and leagal events.I am consulting with my lawyers and i will go into court against Salman Taseer for publishing a one sided concocted story against me.My hands are clear and i have no fear except Allah who have provided me a new opportunity to unmask some more realities in the court of law.

This fabricated tape is part of a bigger drama against journalist community.Some elements want to silence the voice of media on certain national issues by blackmailing journalists like me.These people are very unhappy on those journalists who are raising voice for missing people,who are opposing government stand NRO and who criticized the fake degree holder members of the parliament.Many journalists are disliked by the government and some parts of the establishment.These journalists may become a target one by one.Some government ministers warned me on May 13th that some elements are trying to use the family of Khalid Khawaja against me and journalists like Ansar Abbasi,Kamran Khan and Shahid Masood will also face some new cases.I am sure we will face these kind of fabricated cases with unity.Thanks again for showing solidarity with me.

Hamid Mir

ikram....@pk.g4s.com

May 16, 2010, 5:08:50 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
Stand fast,hamid,like you have always done

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: hamid mir <mir...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

Tariq Hasan [Sales, Pan Gulf Steel Ltd]

May 16, 2010, 6:21:56 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

DEAR MR.HAMID MIR SAHIB

ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM

WE ARE ALL WITH YOU HAMID SAHIB. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT  THIS RUBBISH FROM YOUR OPPONENTS. ALLAH’S SUPPORT IS ALWAYS WITH YOU –INSHA-ALLAH

KINDLY ACCEPT MY REGARDS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

A FAN OF YOURS,

TARIQ HASAN

safir...@gmail.com

May 16, 2010, 7:16:03 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir,
We all young journalists along with you.
Keep it up and God bless you.

Rasheed safi
Daily mashriq

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: hamid mir <mir...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

naw...@gmail.com

May 16, 2010, 7:58:44 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mir Sahib,

all journalists will support you as journalist. It is very serious and sensitive to comment on one's integrity, based on an alleged audio tape. Mir sahib, you did well to speak on the subject but it is a very direct attack on you, so before saying something against the concpirators, you should clarify that the conversation is not yours, which everyone believes. I am sure Khalid Khwaja was not killed on alleged Mir sahaib's recommendation but he was at hit list of the group. I suspect they planned his killing even before he was kidnapped with his other two friends. The real story will be unfolded in days to come. Mir sahib contest your case in every forum, journalists community will back you in this war......

our pray and support for the truth,
haq nawaz, journalist

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: hamid mir <mir...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

Zeba Naureen

May 16, 2010, 7:27:53 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
These are once again tough times for the Pakistani media, which is the only way through which people can keep their eye on the government and get to know the real truth.
The governor of Punjab, Salman Taseer who himself runs a newspaper and a T.V channel has many times ridiculed the T.V anchors and termed them enemy of nation. If anyone remember his statement regarding anchorpersons where he is of the opinion that anchorpersons of TV channels think of themselves as some godly figures and  said if these anchorpersons  were in the West, they would have long been handcuffed and arrested.

rizwa...@express.com.pk

May 16, 2010, 8:44:12 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
dear hamid mir,
you dont explain about tape..voice shows its your..
so you have to explain about it.
rizwan asif daily express

[...]
To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations
?

jamil bhatti

May 16, 2010, 8:34:19 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

I can only laugh at Orya Maqbool who has given a different thought which cannot be materialized by any means. He is senior person he must have studied the case throughly then commented. As mateen Haider said that studies do not support it, he is absolutely right.

Suppose that we convert this water storage into dam then where your Silk Highway will go? In its initial stages this lake has made sunk 30KM of this highway.

Who will give the safety guarantee to the population next to that dam.

Yes its good to have novel talk but to implement with ground realities it is a different matter.

Jamil Bhatti (Mr)
Xinhua - - (China's Official Media)
Islamabad
Pakistan

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Habib Akram <habib...@samaa.tv> wrote:

Shahzad Nawaz

May 16, 2010, 8:34:38 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
You have admirers much beyond your community and mailgroups!

God bless.
Shahzad Nawaz

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: hamid mir <mir...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

ghazanfar awan

May 16, 2010, 9:07:06 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear mir sb,

 sir,
We all young journalists along with you.
Keep it up and God bless you.
Ghazanfar Awan( daily ausaf lahore

Habib Akram

May 16, 2010, 10:10:05 AM5/16/10
to jamil bhatti, pressp...@googlegroups.com
1.as far as i know there is no study done on this matter.
2. Korakaram road will be affected by building Diamir Bhasha too. And it will be more than 100 km.
3. Only a scientific study can guarantee safety of the people living there.
I think we should give it a thought.......even to reject!
Regards

Pervaiz D. Salahuddin

May 16, 2010, 11:04:17 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
lie, dishonesty, double standard & bribable act should be given constitutional protection as this is is common in Pakistani politics. They failed to make Pakistan progress. Starting from the President to Prime Minister and penetrating to all sects of life in Pakistan. all evil forces are in the parliament and supporting each other.

Hamid, I support you
Pervaiz Toronto

Aurang Zeb

May 16, 2010, 11:26:02 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Weldone Ghazanfar Awan ,
We know that all under training agents of different zagencies are with
Hamid Mir. Do you mean this?
>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan

>> group,
>> a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international
>> journalists.
>> ?
>> To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations
>> ?
>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan

>> group,
>> a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international
>> journalists.
>> ?
>> To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations
>> ?
>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
>>
>> **************************************************************************************
>>

>> --

>> group,
>> a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international
>> journalists.
>>
>> To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations

>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan

>> group,
>> a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international
>> journalists.
>>
>> To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations

>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan

>> group,
>> a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international
>> journalists.
>>
>> To participate, please follow our Rules & Regulation found at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations

>> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Shahid Abbasi

May 16, 2010, 11:30:06 AM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
agreed w8 sumaira.
practices, like this also practised in past with connection of many journalists who appose govrnment polices or try to fulfill thier job as a journalist. but the issue is "we announce first and thinks later" therefor anyone can ............
and
 what about thr PR TRICKS???????

M. Shahid Abbasi
Staff Reporter
Daily Mehshar Karachi

Info Secratery

Karachi Union Of Journalists
Treasurer
Association Of Helath Journalist Pakistan
Cell: 0333-5055116
Email: journali...@yahoo.com

May 16, 2010, 12:00:29 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice if Mr. Mir just denied that it was his voice on the tape.

Mansoor Hussain

Ali Hussain

May 16, 2010, 1:45:54 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, hamid mir
Yes Gill Sahib

I totally agree with you. Mir Sahib should come and clarify the allegations...whether correct or incorrect. It will be better that Mir Sahib should come forward after these have been published in Daily Times.

Regards

Ali Hussain

Kamran Shafi

May 16, 2010, 2:33:07 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kashif abbasi, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, cal...@hotmail.com, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
My dear Hamid,
You are a great journalist who has made a name for himself in Talk-show TV  -  more strength to you.
Importantly, you are not opinionated; give everyone on your show a chance to speak their mind; do not show bias, and so on.
I would therefore ask you NOT to equate yourself with any other journalist on the News/Geo Team, particularly Dr. Shahid Masood who is NOTORIOUS for bludgeoning his guests into acquiescence, if not outright submission ... I know, for I have been a victim of his totally unfair editing, to which Ansar Abbasi was witness.
More than anything else, you do not have a second-in-command such as Dr. Shahid Masood has in the shape of my old friend, Tariq Butt. It is unreal seeing these two team up against anyone they have on their show.
I am always for you.
Kamran Shafi

May 16, 2010, 3:02:38 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, hamid mir
Well this voice is 100% Mr. Hamid sahib's..

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Ali Hussain <alihuss...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 22:45:54 +0500

Adnan Gill

May 16, 2010, 3:09:56 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, hamid mir
Mir Sahib,

With due respect, it is immaterial and irrelevant to me what (supposed) Taliban say or claim. My interest is in your no uncertain acknowledgment or denial, that you never had any such conversation.

It is up to you whether you want to put the accusation to rest or not by acknowledging or denying it. Thanks.

hamid mir

May 16, 2010, 2:48:48 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I have already said that this tape was fabricated.Now Taliban have also denied the tap.What is the use of our agencies.These Taliban call people,they send emails and our secret agencies cannot do anything except to launch dirty propoganda against innocent people.Here is the statement with the email address of Taliban.

May 16, 2010, 3:26:41 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Salam every1.... Just need to knw one thing.. Y can't pak army go n interview taliban when Mr. Hamid mir sb can do it easily??? Secondly this voice is 100% hamid sb's.. Regards,
Shehryar Niaz...

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: "Adnan Gill" <adnan...@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 12:09:56 -0700

Javed Afridi

May 16, 2010, 3:31:58 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I am confused if it is indeed the voice of Hamid Mir, but still i would like to draw your attention towards the difficulties faced by a journalist in establishing contacts with these people and the tune one needs to adopt, to extract information from them. It might sound weird but this is the truth that you need to present yourself as one of their sympathizer, if you want to work on issues involving them but this does not necessarily mean that you should also report the way they want you to report.
At the end of the day, its a very complicated and dangerous duty to perform and you must give journalists, some relaxations in thier behaviours to interact with them.
As far as Hamid Mir’s accusations against KK are concerned, I think they were more inspired by his personal relations with KK rather than him being working on someone’s behalf. I am convinced that Hamid Mir would have never anticipated this fate for KK. May God bless Khalid Khwaja and wish Col. Imam and Asad Qureshi, a safe return home.
--
Javed Afridi
Express 24/7

Cell:      0345-9178585
           0308-2224291
Office:  091-2654240

Khurshid Ahmed

I agree with haris and amir latif, hamid mir is a very courageous journalist whose credentials and credibilty are both impeccable.more power to him

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

Shahid

May 17, 2010, 4:09:05 AM5/17/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, Adnan Gill

We certainly do live in interesting times, here we have TTP comming out in support of Hamid Mir, wonder who supports who.

Taliban take exception to audiotape
Monday, May 17, 2010
ISLAMABAD: The Taliban Media Centre issued a press release on behalf of Asian Tigers on Sunday commenting on the audiotape issued by, what it alleged, was some secret agency of Pakistan.

Following is the text of the press release: “We actively condemn the reliability of this tape since there was no conversation like that between us and Mr Hamid Mir. “Although we have talked with many different persons of media, it is very often and there is no doubt that they are not involved with us. This seems to be a conspiracy to destroy the reputation of Mujahideen and the brave people of this country who want to bring truth in front while revealing the dark faces of this nation.

“Suppose, this audio tape can be accepted as a true one, then it is also demanded that the video tapes of Sherry Rehman, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Salmaan Taseer should also be treated as the same degree. Since sexy pictures of Salmaan Taseer’s daughter and sons are on media, so can any one tell the nation how a loose character person can be a governor of a province? What action should government agencies take? Why they are delaying?

“Unfortunately, the secret agencies of Pakistan are directly opposing the nation benefits and trying to sabotage the well reputed personalities and institutions for the greater interest of their own. We also like to remind the fake movie, released to media for defacing the actual goodwill of Mujahideen in Swat. That was proved to be faked later but on its basis, the Army did the brutal assault/operation in the whole area. Now people of this country must understand that Mujahideen are not their enemies but the government, politicians and military bureaucrats are the real enemies of this nation.

“Also it is demanded by us that all the relevant records of phone calls between us and the major media representatives should be released for public persuasion. Asian Tigers had proved for their satisfaction that’s why they kidnapped Khalid Khwaja. We contacted the Asian Tigers on this matter and they denied any kind of connections with either Hamid Mir or any other person related to media. They also condemn the fake audio tape. Also they demanded the actual agencies who bring this tape. If these agencies have any kind of proof, then they need to bring it in front. Who forced Asian Tigers to kidnap Khalid Khwaja and Colonel Imam with Asad Qureshi? What was the role of Gen Hameed Gul and Gen Aslam Beg? Where you fit Ibrahim Paracha and Shah Abdul Aziz. Either Gen Hameed Gul and Gen Aslam Beg are the actual Punjabi Taliban or this tape is fake one. Ibrahim Paracha is also the CIA agent and Shah Abdul Aziz is a double agent of Xe and ISI.

“If Mr Hamid Mir attracted or give instructions to Asian Tigers in order to kidnap Khalid Khwaja, then they must have conversations more than once. These tapes should also be published for media. Are we right in demanding this action? If Mr Hamid Mir gave proof to Asian Tigers, then he also gave instructions to them for kidnapping Khalid Khwaja & company. We expect that very soon these tapes should also be available on Internet and Youtube. By the way what exactly the dates of this tape is.

“Secondly, who gave the authority to PTCL or any government agency to tape a phone prior to any court order. By doing this, PTCL is also establishing it’s reputation as an ally of terrorists (Govt of Pakistan, ISI and Army). If this happened again, then PTCL should ready to get the most suitable answer in proper manner. Although, we know how PTCL was sold to these culprits and Khwaja was also involved in that deal. Do you want to raise the curtain?

“PTCL should clear its position in order to bring the facts if this tape is true or fake. If they claim it is a true tape, then they should also give explanation why they tape these calls. If this is the fake one, then they should also take legal actions against that agency. “If PTCL will not take any action, then no problem, we are here and you have a very little time for confession. Take care.”

[...]

May 16, 2010, 3:57:33 PM5/16/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hamid, you don't need to repeat...your friend already know abut you and your action and they support you
Pervaiz

Shahid

May 17, 2010, 4:33:27 AM5/17/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, shehry...@gmail.com
Interestingly enough, even our office peon recognized the voice on the tape of being Hamid Mir. Anyone who has heard the recording states that the voice on it belongs to hamid Mir. Now we all have heard of photgraphs being doctored, but voices being doctored perfectly!!!maybe should be considered as a rare big feat of the agencies/ST blamed for making the tape.

Wonder why the so-called agencies had to go through such a big effort to frame Hamid, for if they really are as diabolic as claimed here, then they could just simply bumped him off or charged him with so many other cases. Today's The News edition should be saved by all concerned, for it is truly unique, for TTP has supposedly has spoken on behalf of ASIAN TIGERS and made many a claims. Seems like someone has lost the plot... Hamid Mir himself has posted that,

Monday, May 17, 2010
By Hamid Mir

ISLAMABAD: Some elements in the federal government have hatched a grand conspiracy to malign and blackmail the Pakistani media and top of the list is the Jang Group of Newspapers and Geo TV. This grand conspiracy was noticed last Friday when a federal minister made allegations in the National Assembly and said that they have not paid huge amounts of sales tax.amounts of sales tax. Most of the figures presented in the National Assembly were not correct.

The same afternoon, a top government minister told this scribe that “enough is enough” and now they can teach a lesson to Jang Group any time. He claimed that it was only President Asif Ali Zardari who never allowed any “action” against you people otherwise the action would have started long ago. The minister was angry with Ansar Abbasi and Dr Shahid Masood. He claimed that the government had collected a lot of material against these two. Another minister told this scribe the same evening that President Zardari had given a green signal to launch a campaign against some journalists of the Jang Group, including Shaheen Sehbai, Ansar Abbasi, Dr Shahid Masood, Kamran Khan, Hamid Mir and some others. He said that Dr Shahid might be implicated in some forgery case.

Another minister revealed that some people within the establishment suggested to the government to use the family of late Khalid Khawaja against Hamid Mir on the basis of a tape. A top official of the interior ministry rejected this idea and said that these types of concocted tapes cannot be proven in a court of law but the same night some pro-PPP websites launched a campaign against me. The next day, a section of the media belonging to a close friend of President Zardari published a one-sided story with baseless allegations. A newspaper and a TV channel tried to involve me in the murder of Khalid Khwaja.

I will take legal action against all those who started this campaign but one thing must be clear. It is a conspiracy not only against me. The ultimate goal is to silence the voice of Pakistani media on certain issues. Was it a coincidence that PPP Secretary Information Fauzia Wahab addressed a press conference on Saturday against Ansar Abbasi and the next day a full-fledged campaign was launched against me in a section of the media belonging to Governor Punjab?

Many observers have noticed the timing of the campaign against the media men. Khalid Khwaja was assassinated at least two weeks ago but no tape about his murder surfaced anywhere. Fauzia Wahab had exchanged hot words with Ansar Abbasi many times in different talk shows but she issued him a notice only when some important political and legal events are going to take place in coming few weeks. The main objective is very clear. The PPP leadership wants to give a message to the whole media that if they do not behave, then this government will treat them like Pervez Musharraf did.

For some time, the government has been taking many actions to financially damage the Geo-Jang Group because this Group has refused to toe the official line. Similar tactics were used by the previous regime of dictator Musharraf. The democratic government was supposed to tolerate press freedom but this could not happen.

From: shehry...@gmail.com
To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:26:41 +0000

Salam every1.... Just need to knw one thing.. Y can't pak army go n interview taliban when Mr. Hamid mir sb can do it easily??? Secondly this voice is 100% hamid sb's.. Regards,
Shehryar Niaz...
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

I have just been informed by some colleagues from Peshawar that Taliban have released a statement and categorically denied all the contents of a tape concocted by Salman Taseer.I will share the details after getting the details.

I agree with haris and amir latif, hamid mir is a very courageous journalist whose credentials and credibilty are both impeccable.more power to him
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

haide...@expressnews.tv

May 17, 2010, 5:09:21 AM5/17/10
to jamilbh...@gmail.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Mashallah... firstly the person who suggested to built a dam should visit the site, then he will come to know that, what is possiblw and what is not...
what about the people of that area,? what about their sinked fields and houses? there is no crises of Electricity in Gilgit Baltistan , then why the area should be considerd to make a dam.phisibility there can't be considered as gud for tha Dam.so i Totallay disagree.
I can only laugh at Orya Maqbool who has given a different thought which
cannot be materialized by any means. He is senior person he must have
studied the case throughly then commented. As mateen Haider said that
studies do not support it, he is absolutely right.

Suppose that we convert this water storage into dam then where your Silk
Highway will go? In its initial stages this lake has made sunk 30KM of this
highway.

Who will give the safety guarantee to the population next to that dam.

Yes its good to have novel talk but to implement with ground realities it is
a different matter.

Jamil Bhatti (Mr)
Xinhua - - (China's Official Media)
Islamabad
Pakistan

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Habib Akram <habib...@samaa.tv> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Hunza River crisis in Gigit Baltistan may be an opportunity as well. As
> Orya Maqbool Jan put, in Samaa?s program that the lake in Ata Abad may be
> tuned into a dam and once we build power houses there, this crisis will
> become an opportunity.
>
> Regards
>
> Habib
>
> --

> PressPakista...@googlegroups.com<PressPakistan%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Sudhir Afridi

May 17, 2010, 8:32:50 AM5/17/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
 Basically we are all Muslims and we all believe in the truthfulness of holy Quran.  The main shield for every person irrespective of being only a journalist is truthfulness. If Hamid Mir is truthful, not a biased journalist and pleads and struggles for truth to come to the surface then body or media group can do him any harm. We all need to dissiminate  and spread news and truths based on reality to serve a greater national cause and humanity. My sympathies are with the one who is honest, sincere, truthful and unbiased whosoever he or she is.
     Truth is the last winner
   Regards
   Sudhir Ahmad Afridi

sabir...@gmail.com

May 17, 2010, 9:07:31 AM5/17/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
This is a part of our job,no problem,all is well." Jornalist kee zindgi hai kia aik kati patang hai" Regards
Sabir Shakir Head of News Waqt News
03215560944

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: "Daily Foothill" <news...@dailyfoothill.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:41:28 +0500

Dear Hamid Mir sb,
I would suggest that you should stop responding to allegations of all the people. Afterall you cannot make all the people happy all the time. I would also suggest that you should not equate urself with Dr Shahid Masood and others. Capital talk is the only well regarded and well reputed show left at GEO. Rest are all opinionated and 101 biased and based on charecter assasination. Anyway talking to Taliban is not a crime if that is the crime then Americans, Pakistani and saudi officials are also talking with them. Cheers
Sardar Abrar Rashid
Geo Abbottabad/

May 17, 2010, 10:28:42 AM5/17/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
sabir shaker sb
  well said it is part of our life,but Hamid mir and other journalists lik mir bar bar peda nahi hoty ,  you r not kati patang.ap patang fly kerny waly hain.....regards
javed baloch
cheif reporter daily jinnah
joint sectry national press club islamabad
03009826252

May 17, 2010, 12:38:06 PM5/17/10
to sha...@malikshahid.biz, pressp...@googlegroups.com
dear all!

by now, the issue has been hyped quite successfully. and this mailing group has has enough point of views.
let us now finish it off, and start discussing something constructive.
or atleast discuss how to stop getting these junk mails.

Best Regards,
Omair Mahmood
Producer
Express News
Lahore

From: Jawad - USA &lt;ja...@usa.com&gt;
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 05:39:39 -0700
To: &lt;pressp...@googlegroups.com&gt;
Cc: &lt;p...@expressnews.tv&gt;; &lt;pressp...@gmail.com&gt;; kashif abbasi&lt;kas...@hotmail.com&gt;; &lt;abbas....@gmail.com&gt;; &lt;anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk&gt;; &lt;cal...@hotmail.com&gt;; &lt;capit...@geo.tv&gt;; &lt;colum...@expressnews.tv&gt;; &lt;drajma...@yahoo.com&gt;; &lt;faraz...@gmail.com&gt;; &lt;ghazan...@gmail.com&gt;; &lt;haiderja...@yahoo.com&gt;; &lt;inse...@dunyatv.tv&gt;; &lt;kazim...@thenews.com.pk&gt;; &lt;let...@dailytimes.com.pk&gt;; &lt;mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk&gt;; &lt;mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk&gt;; &lt;maryam....@yahoo.com&gt;; &lt;mashriqe...@yahoo.com&gt;; &lt;nazir...@janggroup.com.pk&gt;; &lt;mhmedi...@gmail.com&gt;; &lt;ory...@yahoo.com&gt;; &lt;qasim...@dawnnews.tv&gt;; &lt;rana....@geo.tv&gt;

On 5/14/10, Haris Khan &lt;ajaa...@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
[...]

-- **************************************************************************************You received this message because you are member of &quot;PressPakistan&quot; group, a mailing discussion forum of 6,000 plus Pakistani and international journalists. To participate, please follow our Rules &amp; Regulation found at: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan/web/rules-and-regulations To post to this group, send email to PressP...@googlegroups.comTo unsubscribe from this group, send email toPressPakist...@googlegroups.comFor more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan**************************************************************************************

tomcat...@gmail.com

May 17, 2010, 12:50:14 PM5/17/10
to Shahid, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Shahid Sahib,

Please note, Mir Sahib has yet to deny that he never had such a conversation. He alleges that tape is fake (whatever that means), but never denies the conversation took place. For goodness sake, even a novice like me can take a look at the graphical view of audio and clearly see there is only one abrupt end and second audio starting (like copy and paste of characters).

If it was me, instead of mobilizing my friends in my support and soliciting Taliban (as if there is one organization under single command and a spokesperson) for prompt denial, I would have acknowledged its authenticity, because all it proves is that he communicates with Taliban; because investigative reporting requires contacts on both sides of the story. Hence, it is an acceptable practice among journalists.

By playing such panic-stricken antics, he is making it look worse for himself. Raising questions, like if there is more then meets the eye? How often the so-called Taliban issue instant denial statements in support of journalists?

Sincerely,

Adnan

On May 17, 2010 7:36am, Shahid <sha...@malikshahid.biz> wrote:
> Please let me know by which
> technology can Hamid Mir or any one else voice can be faked. Voice
> recognition software is used in latest jet air crafts, as that is one
> thing one cannot fake. You can doctor a picture and or movie, but not
> someones voice. Their are voice change soft wares available, where you
> can change a voice into male or female or many other modes, but cannot
> copy someones voice and or fake it. It will be a unique new product or proverbial feather in the cap if
> someone in Pakistan can do so.
>

> Let their be no doubt, the voice on the tape does belong to Hamid
> Mir.
>

> IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
> "This e-mail message and information contained in or attached to this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, printing or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. Malik Shahid shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Malik Shahid does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. Thank you."

Daily Foothill

No doubt You are a Great journalist and unmasking realities in your column and tv show but I am requesting you to discuss the genuin problems of the Pakistanes journalists like practice of non payment of their salaries,Non greata steps from Newspapers and TV Channels owners,unmask the Black sheeps and tout of agencies in media.If you do this You will be Heroe of Pakistan Media.We are with you in this war.
Qamar Zaman
ex Bureau Chief Daily WAQT (Faisalabad)
03216655400
Islamabad

I agree with haris and amir latif, hamid mir is a very courageous journalist whose credentials and credibilty are both impeccable.more power to him
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

Shahid

May 18, 2010, 6:18:15 AM5/18/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, Ali Qadir
URGENT APPEAL

Award winning journalist and documentary maker Asad Qureshi life is under severe danger of being cut short by his captives in Waziristan. Hamid Mir claiming that the famous tape recording is fake and fabricated is naked lie, for no ones voice can be faked perfectly, as it is like your finger print and the voice on the tape certainly does belong to Hamid Mir. TTP member has supposedly come forward in support of him claiming it to be fake also.

As Hamid Mir is the only known clue to who have abducted Asad Qureshi as he is in touch with them, he should be questioned ASAP to recover Asad from his captors. The media trial and or taing sides can go on, but a stake is a innocent life and that also of the one of our best reporter/ director and documentary maker. Please to check the credentials of Asad Qureshi at www.imdb.com and also look at his award winning documentary on the 2005 earth quake and Wazirisan called 'Wana Olives' and many others.

[...]

Jawad - USA

May 18, 2010, 2:53:31 PM5/18/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Someone told me that a TV channel (not sure it's Royal TV or not) has reported today that Hamid Mir filed 250 Million lawsuit against Salman Taseer. Is it true? Many thanks.

Adnan Gill

May 18, 2010, 2:06:20 PM5/18/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, Ali Qadir
I would also request Mir Sahib to use his sources to save a life. After all, if he can pose with Osama for fame then he should be able to send the murderers a humane message. But first and foremost, as a gesture of good will, the moderator would have to let this message go through.

Adnan

Jawad - USA

May 18, 2010, 1:40:11 PM5/18/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Someone told me that a TV channel (may be Royal TV) has reported today that Hamid Mir filed 250 Million lawsuit against Salman Taseer. Is it true? Many thanks.

Jawad - USA

May 19, 2010, 8:07:21 AM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hamid Mir denied that allegations leveled against him. We all are with the truth and Hamid Mir.

Anchor claims damning tape doctored
By Amir Wasim and Nasir Iqbal
Wednesday, 19 May, 2010

ISLAMABAD: The ripples caused by the emergence of an audio tape on the web last week of an alleged telephone conversation between a prominent Pakistani journalist and a Pakistani Taliban militant has blown into a full-fledged controversy, with the journalist and television anchor now completely denying his involvement and many others calling for a high-level investigation to establish truth.
Hamid Mir, who finds himself in the midst of a raging debate on the issue of journalistic ethics, has moved a step further from describing the taped conversation as doctored or concocted to completely denying that it was his voice. And for all this he is blaming the country’s top civilian intelligence service, the Intelligence Bureau Directorate which, according to him, was part of a larger game to malign him and a few others.
Shocking as it is, the telephone conversation revolves round the alleged dubious role of an Islamic hardliner and former ISI operative Khalid Khwaja, and that too when he was still in the captivity of a little known militant group Asian Tigers. The man posing himself to be Hamid Mir is heard accusing Khalid Khwaja of being a notorious double agent, who had been working for everyone from the American CIA to Qadianis, and having played a dirty role in the Lal Masjid episode.
The large number of websites where this audio tape is currently available describe it as a candid conversation on telephone between Hamid Mir and a Punjabi Taliban. Some have gone to the extent of accusing Mr Mir to be one of the instigators for what happened to Khalid Khwaja, as within days of this supposed conversation a video of Mr Khwaja was released in which he had made similar “confessions” of his involvement in the Lal Masjid saga, and of working for CIA. Within days of this video tape, Mr Khwaja was shot dead and his body was thrown on a road in North Waziristan.

However, Hamid Mir says he neither has anything to do with such a conversation, nor he can even think of getting involved in such an affair. He has also denied the content of a statement, purported to have been issued by the Taliban, who denied this telephone conversation but at the same time blamed the telephone company PTCL for illegally recording telephones of its subscribers.
In fact, talking to Dawn in his office on Tuesday Hamid Mir claimed that the entire tape recording and its uploading on the website was the work of IB and that too at the behest of President Zardari and the government to malign him as, according to him, he has been a bitter critic of President Zardari and others in his programmes.
Mr Mir claimed that the IB had used a special gadget through which they could change the voices. “They took my voice sample and changed it to look my voice through the special gadget,” he said. He warned that more such tapes involving some other journalists and politicians would surface in near future.

Mr Mir further claimed that he had been informed about this purported tape before time by Interior Minister Rehman Malik. “The interior minister took me to his Parliament House chamber on Thursday and told me that an audio tape had been prepared to implicate me in some terrorism-related issue,” he said, adding the minister also told him that his life was in danger. “The minister even advised me to keep some guards with me,” he said.

Mr Mir claimed that the audio tape was first released on a blog being run by some people belonging to the ruling PPP.
In the tape, Mr Mir is purportedly heard asking an unknown Taliban member to interrogate Khalid Khwaja over his links with the CIA and his role in the Lal Masjid siege. The journalist also narrates some incidents to prove that Khalid Khwaja was a CIA agent. In the conversation, Mr Mir tells the unknown person that Khalid Khwaja had arranged his meeting with an alleged CIA man Mansoor Ijaz in Islamabad. Similarly, Mr Mir has also narrated an incident as to how on the request of Khalid Khwaja he arranged a meeting of the widow of an alleged Al Qaeda man, Abdul Rehman ‘al-Kennedy’, with her son in the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Rawalpindi, and that later it was revealed that the woman was a Canadian national and also a CIA agent.
When asked about the contents of the controversial tape, Mr Mir said that in the recent past he had talked about Khalid Khwaja in detail on telephone only with an office-bearer of the PPP. He, however, denied that he had had any meeting with Mansoor Ijaz in Pakistan. He, however, confirmed the other part of the tape and admitted that he had “arranged a meeting of a woman with her son at the CMH on the request of Khalid Khwaja.” But, he said, later he came to know that one of the sons of the woman living in the US was working for the CIA and not that woman as claimed in the audio tape.
Mr Mir said he had met Mansoor Ijaz only once in New York in 1995 where he had gone as part of the delegation of the then prime minister Benazir Bhutto. “Mansoor Ijaz had come to see Ms Bhutto, but instead he met Asif Zardari,” he said.
When contacted, president of the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) Pervez Shaukat refused to comment on the issue, saying they would come out with some statement in the next few days after holding consultations with other office-bearers.

Legal Notice

Meanwhile, Hamid Mir has served a legal notice on Publisher of Daily Times Salman Taseer who also happens to be the Governor of Punjab, Editor Rashid Rehman and Staff Reporter and Chief Executive Officer Business Plus Mian Ehsanul Haq demanding to pay general damages of Rs250 million as a compensation for allegedly damaging his reputation, along with a written apology within 14 days that should also be published in the newspaper in a similar manner and prominence as the alleged defamatory report was published.
“Our client vehemently denies the conversation made in the alleged communication as fabricated and concocted one,” the legal notice served by Advocate Assad Ullah Jaral on behalf of Hamid Mir said for publishing, what he claimed to be a libellous report titled: “Hamid Mir’s terrifying indiscretions,” along with transcript of alleged communication in the newspaper on May 10, 2010.
Besides on May 17, 2010, a private channel Business Plus also aired the same ‘negative propaganda’ against Mr Mir, the notice said, adding the act of defamation in the television programme and news bulletin was deliberate.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/Anchor-claims-damning-tape- doctored-950

On 5/19/10, Jawad - USA <ja...@usa.com> wrote:
[...]

Shahid

May 19, 2010, 9:02:24 AM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com, aliq...@hotmail.com
What is extremely strange is that except for Adnan Gill Sahib no journalist has deemed it fit to try to do something to help recover Asad Qureshi. Today all the international press is looking at the state of affairs within the media lot in Pakistan.

Silence now proves how much is the influence of hamid Mir and his supporters.

From: "Adnan Gill" <adnan...@cox.net>

s hussain

May 19, 2010, 9:23:19 AM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear All:

I have never heard the tape nor do I have any idea what the back and fro is all about except that Mr. Mir and his supporters accuse everybody against them of fabrication, lies, treachery, even treason.

However I have not read a single message in which Mr. Mir categorically denies that it is not his voice on the tape and he never had any such conversation.

Mansoor Hussain

From: Jawad - USA <ja...@usa.com>

Shujauddin Qureshi

May 19, 2010, 12:16:25 PM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
May 19, 2010 9.15pm PST
Dawn TV reports that ISI has confirmed that the recorded conversations were true. The ISI has submitted that report to PM.

Shujauddin Qureshi

Adnan Gill

May 19, 2010, 12:31:38 PM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com, Hamid Mir, Jawad - USA
Jawad Sahib,

I couldn't help but to notice, that you are more concerned about white-washing A JOURNALIST'S republican and absolutely indifferent to saving ANOTHER JOURNALIST'S life. It goes to show our priorities. Such a shame!

p.s. Please ask Mir Sahib if he would like, I can file a patent for him for the alleged-gadget that changes the voice signature through a voice sample. I promise to make him a millionaire by selling such a "special gadget".

Adnan

Jawad - USA

G. Rehman

May 19, 2010, 3:50:42 PM5/19/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
CRIMINAL SILENCE

(By Habib R. Sulemani = http://theterrorland.blogspot.com )

Journalist Hamid Mir has been accused of being involved in an act of
terrorism reportedly by some bloger. Personally, I respect Mr. Mir
like all other journalists, no matter I agree with their style of
journalism or not. However, his interview in daily Dawn on May 19,
2010 – given prominent space on the front page in the print edition
and then replaced by another story on the website – has raised some
questions:

1- US National Security Adviser General James Jones and CIA Director
Leon Panetta are reportedly in Islamabad. Why Dawn felt the need to
interview Mr. Mir while it is silent on my issue?

2- He has described the taped conversation as doctored, blaming the
civilian Intelligence Bureau (IB). Why only the civilian intelligence?

3- If it is part of a “larger game” to malign Mr. Mir and a few other
journalists then who are the “few others”?

4- He has denied the content of an alleged statement of the Taliban
about the audiotape. Is this technically correct?

5- He has blamed the telephone company PTCL for illegally recording
telephones of its subscribers. Only PTCL, not cellular companies?

6- If the IB is working on “the behest of President Zardari and the
government” then on whose behest the rogue group of journalists,
officials of the Karakoram International University Gilgit and spy
agencies tried to kill me and my family members?

7- He claims that the IB had used a special gadget to change his
voice. “They took my voice sample and changed it to look my voice
through the special gadget.” Really?

8- He warned that tapes of some other journalists would also surface
in near future. Tapes of the mind-boggling Taliban, oops, people at
Dawn too?

9- Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) president Pervez
Shaukat refused to comment on the issue straight away. Why?

You may—but I don’t know the answers to these questions right now.
Because after attempts on my life, I’m locked inside my home for about
two months now. Free movement outside my home has become a dream for
me. Even my journalist friends are terrified to contact me due to
threats and pressures!! As a professional journalist – watchdog of the
society – I can't stop myself from raising question, no matter where
and in which condition I’m! (However, I can answer to most of
journalistic questions in the form of literature. This is my revenge
from the evildoers, whose patriotism is limited to their jobs and
promotions for which they can sacrifice even humanity. This has really
made them frightened).

Despite my request, editor Dawn, president PFUJ, chairperson Human
Rights Commission of Pakistan and the government are still silent. My
appeal for an independent commission to establish the truth and punish
the criminal gang has fallen on deaf ears.

Besides the nasty propaganda campaign – in the society and cyberspace
– and nerves-breaking psychological warfare, we’re facing death
threats. My 66-year-old father is even receiving obnoxious calls and
text messages in Pashto, which we can’t understand except the word
"Taliban".

The owners of the Dawn Media Group have given autonomy to the
editorial management of daily Dawn which is being used criminally.
There is criminal silence after disclosure of the murder plot of my
entire family. Intellectual terrorism is a dilemma in my beloved
country today. But who cares?

LINKS:

1- AMIR WASEEN’S INTERVIEW WITH HAMID MIR.
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/anchor-claims-damning-tape-doctored-950
2- ZAFFAR ABBAS’S ANALYSIS.
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/khwajas-murder-points-to-home-truths-350
3- HAMID MIR AUDIOTAPE.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010%5C05%5C16%5Cstory_16-5-2010_pg1_6
4- KHAWAJA’S SON SPEAKS.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010%5C05%5C19%5Cstory_19-5-2010_pg7_4
5- TALIBAN’S REPORTED STATEMENT.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010%5C05%5C18%5Cstory_18-5-2010_pg1_3

ABDUL WADOOD QURESHI

May 20, 2010, 9:33:11 AM5/20/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
you are with truth  ore  with Hamid mir ,or Hamid Mir is only Truthn ???

Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 05:07:21 -0700

Afzal Khan

May 20, 2010, 8:15:12 PM5/20/10
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Hamid,
                 rest assured overwhelming majority of your friend and admirers are with you in this sleaze campaign against you. stay on course and dont be overawed by the ferocity of current onslaught. you will prevail as ever.
regards afzal khan
afzal khan/Islamabad May 21

Phone: 0092 300 518 3277

Rana Abdul Baqi Rana

May 21, 2010, 3:59:16 AM5/21/10
to presspakistan, p...@expressnews.tv, pressp...@gmail.com, kas...@hotmail.com, abbas....@gmail.com, anw...@lahoreschool.edu.pk, Shireen M. Mazari, capit...@geo.tv, colum...@expressnews.tv, drajma...@yahoo.com, faraz...@gmail.com, ghazan...@gmail.com, haiderja...@yahoo.com, inse...@dunyatv.tv, kazim...@thenews.com.pk, let...@dailytimes.com.pk, mirza.a...@janggroup.com.pk, mushtaq...@janggroup.com.pk, maryam....@yahoo.com, mashriqe...@yahoo.com, nazir...@janggroup.com.pk, mhmedi...@gmail.com, ory...@yahoo.com, qasim...@dawnnews.tv, rana....@geo.tv
AOA
Although to err is human being, however, to frame some body in it, is a crime. I don't understand as to why people at the helm of affairs don't hesitate to distort the image of those, who have done a great job for the cause of collective good by raising the voice of sanity under difficult political senarios. Hamid Mir was one of them who might have committed many mistakes in day to day life, but he was the one who always outstanding pleading the cause of truth and honesty upholding the democratic norms and national solidarity. It is the irony of fate that those who benefitted and excelled during dictatorship are still calling shots by using dirty tricks. I personally condemn all such ulterior designs and stand with the voice of sanity. If Hamid Mir is a victim of this victious campaign of the forces of evil, he will definately be successful.
Meanwhile, taking this opportunity, I also attach herewith my latest analysis on BB's Murder Conspiracy for kind perusal of all. If you have difficulty in opening the mail due to inpage version of the article, you may read it on South Asian Pulse Online i.e., www.sapulse.com please.
With best wishes,
Rana Abdul Baqi,
Editor South Asian Pulse Online

Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:31:56 -0700
From: mir...@yahoo.com

Qaumi Mufahimat Ka Dhong Aour Benazir Qatal Sazish.inp

Chief Editor

May 21, 2010, 2:50:26 PM5/21/10
to P R
My Dear Rana Abdul Baqi Sahib!

Asalam-o-Alaikum!

In your email, you have written about the War which is being done against Mr. Hamid Mir. I fully Agree with you that the sanity is required while critizing any person I dont say the Mr. Hamid Mir is an Angel he must have done many wrong things but no one can deny his work for democracy. Now a days it has become a fashion to criticize Journalists who are true to their work. You must know that letusbuildpakistan.blogspot.com  was created to malign many Journalist who were telling the truth in which Hamid Mir was also included and most of the Journalists from jang group were its target for this purpose I bought a site with the same name latusbuildPakistan.com wher I could invite all the Journalists to express their views or the Journalists who were targeted could come and tell the truth and realities.

LetUsBuildPakistan.com is with me and if they want to use it for their positive image they can use it. All other Journalists can also use it for the Journalism purposes.

Regards!
Wasalam!

From: Mirza Babur Naveed Baig

From: rab...@msn.com