Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to be new chief of Zardari tribe

waqarsatti...@gmail.com

May 27, 2011, 7:32:16 AM5/27/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
President and Co-Chairman PPP Mr. Asif Ali Zardari has decided to forego the title of chief of the Zardari tribe and pass on the mantle of tribal leadership to his son Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.

This has been stated by Spokesperson Farhat ullah Babar in response to questions from a section of the media.

Explaining he said that according to the tribal tradition, consequent upon the death of the tribal chief his eldest son takes over as head of the tribe. The transition to new tribal leadership is formalized in a customary gathering of the tribal elders called “Dastar bandi” that is held on or soon after the soyem, the third day of prayers for the departed soul and receiving of the condolences.

He said that according to this tradition, after the death of the chief of Zardari tribe Mr. Hakim Ali Zardari his son President Asif Ali Zardari has become the chief of his tribe. However, President Zardari has decided not to become the tribal chief and pass on the largely ceremonial title to his son and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, he said.

Formal ceremony of ‘dastar bandi’ to herald Bilawal Bhutto Zardari as tribal chief has, however, been put off till such time when the overall conditions in the country are more conducive and the holding of such tribal ceremonies do not appear insensitive, he said.

The President is sensitive to the sensibilities involved and has advised to withhold customary tribal ceremonies that are also accompanied at times with a measure of fanfare, Farhat ullah Babar said.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

Mohammad Shafique

May 27, 2011, 7:53:53 AM5/27/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
BILAWALA "BHUTTO" ZARDARI SHOULD ALSO BE NAMED HEAD OF THE BHUTTO TRIBE SO THAT A REAL AMALGAM OF ZARDARIS+BHUTTOS+PPP CAN BE CREATED. FEUDAL DEMOCRACY IS THE RESULT WHERE PAKISTAN HAS BEEN REACHED NOW AND MORE TO COME....

Muhammad Shafique
PAKISTAN TODAY

--
Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 12,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan. Please don't be bluffed with similar sounding names who are confusing the journalist community by sending heavy volume of spam mails. Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

jamil bhatti

May 27, 2011, 8:08:54 AM5/27/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

It is not a worthy news of the time. I am ashamed as Pakistani national that our presidency is deciding their family matters as State issues.

Farhat Ullah Baber....I don't want to comment on his current role as politicians...

--
Jamil Bhatti (Mr)
Xinhua