Dawn News sacked reporter on Corruption charges. True or not?

samina.reporter

Jul 19, 2011, 7:44:39 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Anyone know what really happened with Shahzad Raza, senior reporter of Dawn News? Insiders are saying that he got fired recently on corruption charges of around Rs. 15 lac. Dawn TV channel who got fame in highlighting so-called corruption of fellow journalists by hosting ApnaGareban show, is silent on this issue but there are speculations of his involvement in yellow journalism activities such as taking bribes just for one interview of Ch. Shujaat, PML-Q leader and after internal inquiry by TV Management, he is proven guilty of corruption and thus terminated. If true, it is really very shameful for all of us. Union leaders are requested for proper inquiry of this incident which was happened in March. Interestingly, Shahzad Raza who joined Dawn News in 2006 is close friend of Matiullah Jan, host of ApnaGareban and his partner in many ventures.

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

bashirc...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2011, 7:43:31 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Sameena it could be true bt with fake I'd ur information has no worth.. First of all u should come up with ur original identity for transparency.. This is also a big big cruption to dissaminate informatiom abt others whether it is true with hidden identity.... If u hv courage n a bit of morality then nxt mail from ur side will be about ur detailed introduction... otherwise u should not give any coment abt any one else ... Hope all others will sport me ...

Bashir Chaudhary
CNBC Pakistan

Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

From: samina.reporter<samina....@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:44:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Dawn News sacked reporter on Corruption charges. True or not?

--
Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,500 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

Sadaf Baig.

Jul 19, 2011, 8:45:41 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Samina if this is true and Dawn has actually fired him, then they are not really silent are they?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, samina.reporter <samina....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

S.M.K Durrani

Jul 19, 2011, 8:57:39 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Whats new, people say most of our anchors are actively involved in such things, one cannot become overnight rich, like ones we have i.e from camel to karavan

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:45:41 +0100
From: sadaf....@gmail.com
To: pressp...@googlegroups.com

ahmedk...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2011, 8:09:25 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Well what's the corruption charges or allegations on shahzad raza sacked reporter of dawnnews ???? elaborate please
Ahmed

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: "Sadaf Baig." <sadaf....@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:45:41 +0100

Syed Mubashir Mustafa Zaidi

Jul 19, 2011, 10:07:30 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I am constrained to write this e-mail over the false and malicious campaign against Shahzad Raza, who is a very respected journalist and colleague. He is one of the most prolific reporters in the industry and an asset for DawnNews. I believe journalists should be extremely careful while hurling allegations against senior colleagues.
To put the record straight I would like the whole community know that there was no inquiry initiated against him nor was Shahzad Raza fired.
Shahzad Raza went on a journalism fellowship last year and is back now. He is presently exploring other options and we wish him best of luck for his future.
I hope the sender in question would find some courage and come forth with her/his true identity and put forth evidence regarding these allegations.

Bests
Mubashir Zaidi
Editor DawnNews TV

Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,500 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

This email is for the person to whom it is intended to be addressed. It may contain information that is privileged &/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you place no reliance on it, that you do not disclose, copy or distribute it and that you delete the email and notify us. Please note that the use of anti-virus software is not a guarantee against virus.

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT

-

Kalbe Ali

Jul 19, 2011, 10:34:44 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
that is great of You Mubashar bhai to clarify the thing there is something strange going on some people are trying to malign everybody so that it might give the impression that only they are on right track.
Best kalbe Ali

mh mediaperson

Jul 19, 2011, 10:37:12 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you very much Mubashir sb. Samina.reporter  where you stand after this explanation? I am sure this mail  would end the debate now.

Cheers
MH

Mian Abrar

Jul 19, 2011, 10:34:01 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
AoA

Though personally, I have met Raza only once, yet I know a lot about him. I fully endorse the views shared by Mr Zaidi and call for sense to prevail. No one has right to question the integrity of fellow journalist without any proof.

Hope sense would prevail and this malicious propaganda campaign would end here.

Best regards

Mian Abrar

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Syed Mubashir Mustafa Zaidi <mubashi...@dawnnews.tv> wrote:

--
With profound regards,

Mian Abrar Hussain,
Pakistan Today, Flat No 13/14, Third Floor,
Al-Babar Centre, F/8 Markaz, Islamabad.
Cell No. 03455096724

ahsan raza

Jul 19, 2011, 10:43:11 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I think whatever Mian Abrar Husain has said, no further comments are
required to spend energy on this no-issue thing.
Ahsan Raza
Dawn Newsroom, Lahore

--
ahsan

Waseem Shahzad Qadri

Jul 19, 2011, 10:52:49 AM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Main Abrar just wast our time,
Waseem Qadri

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device England

mir mazari

Jul 19, 2011, 10:48:15 AM7/19/11
to PressPakistan
Is this group just to spread rumours or does it ever have something
constructive for the journalists' community. All i ever read here is
allegations. Please learn to appreciate. Highlight positive things,
and not tarnish someone's image.
Shahzad Raza is a talented journalist, and he has the ability to excel
through his work and ability. Please think before you spread rumours
just for the sake of creating controversy and to generate replies.
> > To contact moderators: PressPakis...@gmail.com
> > To find other options, please visit:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
> > ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>
> > This email is for the person to whom it is intended to be addressed. It may
> > contain information that is privileged &/or confidential. If you are not the
> > intended recipient, we request that you place no reliance on it, that you do
> > not disclose, copy or distribute it and that you delete the email and notify
> > us. Please note that the use of anti-virus software is not a guarantee
> > against virus.
>
> > SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT
>
> > -
>
> > --
> > Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having
> > more than 14,500 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.
>
> > Please don't be bluffed with similar sounding names who are confusing the
> > journalist community and sending lot of spam with out providing
>
> > Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist
> > community
> > ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
> > To address the journalist community of PressPakistan, please write your
> > email to: PressP...@googlegroups.com
> > To contact moderators: PressPakis...@gmail.com

Shahryar Khan

Jul 19, 2011, 11:46:08 AM7/19/11
to mh mediaperson, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Moderator of this forum should immediately ban Jawad US and samina.broker.

Shahzad Raza is a well reputed journalist and known for his good stories, not as friend of Matiullah.

These persons with fake ID's are shameless buffoons with an agenda to malign journalist community.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

[...]

Please don't be bluffed with similar sounding names who are confusing the journalist community and sending lot of spam with out providing unsubscription link.

http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan <http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan>
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[...]

To contact moderators: PressP...@gmail.com

Dr. Alamgir

Jul 19, 2011, 2:17:59 PM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Please do not give a clean license to Shahzad Raza or Matiullah jan. Stories of corruption of Matiuallh jan are still alive when he was working as Resource Person in PTV many moons ago. Shahzad is also not angel, even the head of DAWN TV Mubashir Zaidi has also not taken bath in milk. Clarification given by Mubashir is only a smoke screen just to keep the scandal within four walls. Story of corruption of Shahazad is very much correct. You better ask Amber Saigol or Masood Hamid of DAWN management.

Please stop casting judgment about the innocence of anybody without knowing actual facts

Dr Alamgir
Islamabad

mhmedi...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2011, 2:37:04 PM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
How much clean u r Dr Alamgir? There are also stories about u. Should I place info about ur character over here? I know mati for 22 years and while working in PTV he use to go to his home on foot from office.

Next episode would be on Dr Alamgir on u be ready for that including how u became so called doctor.

MH
Isbd

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Dr. Alamgir<dralam...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:17:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Shahryar Khan <shahry...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Moderator of this forum should immediately ban Jawad US and samina.broker.

Shahzad Raza is a well reputed journalist and known for his good stories, not as friend of Matiullah.

These persons with fake ID's are shameless buffoons with an agenda to malign journalist community.

Sent from my BlackBerryŽ smartphone from Warid.

sumr...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2011, 2:48:43 PM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Yes exactly I wanted to write these word. Shehzad is a thorough gentleman and well reputed journalist.

sikandar shah

Jul 19, 2011, 4:56:37 PM7/19/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

There is no question about Shahzad's reporting or his repute or gentlemanship but taking bribes from political party leader which no one is denying so far. Mubashar Sb,  is Dawn a bad option to work for most prolific reporters in the industry and why Dawn TV is letting its asset to explore more good options?

It is on record that Dawn Islamabad has provided all proofs to Karachi Office that he got bribe including Sliver Vits Car for taking interview of Ch. Shujaat. Please confirm it from PML-Q or ask Hamid Haroon and Amber Saigol, owner of dawn. They have complete file of allegations against him.

Sikandar Shah

Syed Mubashir Mustafa Zaidi

Jul 20, 2011, 1:54:55 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Mr Sikander

I don't know why are you spreading such rumours or on who's behest. You have no knowledge of DawnNews TV functions where the Editor is incharge of all editorial matters. So any file reaching Dawn management without the knowledge of the editor is not possible. Shahzad got his Vitz purchased much before the interview that you are mentioning, as I was working in Islamabad Bureau at that time. As far as his exploring other options, we believe every one has the right to explore options as we are not running slave organizations where one has to work for life. So stop this mudslinging and come forward with your original ID rather than hiding behind a veil. But I know cowards will always remain cowards. No one should be condemned unheard on the basis of hearsay. And please put forward the so called 'on the record' proofs sent by Islamabad Office to Karachi.

Bests
Mubashir Zaidi
Editor DawnNews

irfan malik

Jul 20, 2011, 3:55:39 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

any one knows y dawn news programme apna gareban has been closed,,??? I heard that jst bcoz of a reporter working in dawn news paper.. irfan malik

mh mediaperson

Jul 20, 2011, 4:05:16 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Irfan

  I think you need some swift treatment for itching problem which you are  having  now.

regards

MH

Shahbaz Khan

Jul 20, 2011, 4:52:40 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Irfan,

Apna Garbaan show was closed because of reporter Irfan Raza who is brother of same Shahzad Raza, having CDA beat in Dawn newspaper and Matiullah Jan was showing how CDA allotted KHOKHA (shops) to some blue-eyed yellow journalists.

The clarification by Editor of Dawn TV and extreme anger shown by his sect people on his direction have proven that they believe in cronyism and can go to any length to deceive the people. What's the credibility of Dawn if its Editor publicly disgraces his TV Channel by saying "we believe every one has the right to explore options as we are not running slave organizations where one has to work for life." Amber Saigol and Haroon should take notice for such non-responsible statements being issued from the office of Editor Dawn.

If Shahzad is such a good journalist as claimed by Mubashir Zaidi, why he is not working with Dawn TV even after coming back from the US? Why Shahzad has to explore other options if he was not involved in corruption in Dawn TV? How editor knows Shahzad got his Vitz purchased much before the interview? Editor Dawn News just wants to give a cover to misdeed of so called senior journalists by not writing what is truth?

The bitter truth is the dawn management has concrete evidences and thus fired Shahzad. If Editor Dawn News and his supporters have even a bit of morality they should prefer to resign from "low-standard" Dawn TV channel and join Shahzad to start exploring more options together.

Thanks,

Shahbaz Khan

Farhat Abbas

Jul 20, 2011, 5:18:26 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
After the clarification from Mr Mubashir Zaidi, the controversy should
be stopped forthwith. Secondly, it should be made mandatory for all
users of PressPakistan network to show his or her indentification.
Without proper identification such e-mails should not be entertained.

--
Farhat Abbas
Chief Editor, Pakistan Special,

Dr Alamagir

Jul 20, 2011, 5:22:35 AM7/20/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Before I proceed further I want to tell everyone including Mr Mubashir Zaidi and Mr Mateen Haider ( who uses some other name in his email address) that neither I am fake nor an imposter. I am a parcticsing Media Consultant based in Islamabad and rendering service to various national and international outfits with a vast experience in media industry.

The facts remains there is a group of newly born television journalist in the country are involved in rampant corruption. Shehzad Raza is no exception.Some senior journalist both in Islamabad, Karachi and also in Lahore will bear me out about the rampant corruption among the television reporters.The prime reason of this massive scale of corruption is very simple. These newly born television reporters have landed in a profession which provide them too much exposure and also opportunity to mingle around with important people and decision makers while their professional knowledge is almost zero.

Television channels and their owners are just giving a blind eye mainly because they know it is not hurting them.Stories of Matiulah Jan, Mateen Haider, Mubashir Zaidi are available in the market.Ask about Mateen Haider, Matiulah Jan and many of those who have worked in PTV before the boom of private channels as what was their performance and what is their track record of honesty and professional integrity.

I know many people in newspaper industry and also in television channels who can come out and give first hand evidence about the corrupt practices of Shehzad, Mateen, Mati and Zaidi.To keep the record straight I must place on record that there are many anchors including of DAWN TV who were on the pay rolls of some important diplomatic missions. Ask the famous Talat Husain that why he left AAJ TV and blackmailed owners of that channel.

My request is very simple that please do not give passport of honesty and integrity to all the tv reports. No amount of explanation on the part of Mubashir Zaidi will change the realities.

Dr Alamagir
Islamabad

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Syed Mubashir Mustafa Zaidi <mubashi...@dawnnews.tv> wrote:
[...]

Rehana Sharif

Jul 21, 2011, 5:43:51 AM7/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dr. Alamgir,

Irfan Raza is not a new comer he has apart from a stall at food street, ha around a dozen kiosks in the city a plot near Shah Allah ditta and a govt. flat that has been rented.

You have rightly pointed out and it is not this new breed even the old guards are on the toes. M Malik of news has this sporting club at Lake View, his brother got three promotions in National bank in one year.

Not to speak of Rauf klasra, even khaliq Kiani has recently bought a house for 1.5 crore at 6th road he is also a member of Islamabad Club � that�s an undue favour from bureaucracy.

We all see that Aizaz Syed is a rich man now what was his social and financial standing just three years back.

Why should the new chicks not follow these roosters � Mr Shabaz Rana who was uptill recently struggling to get a decent job and get out of the Nation has a good plot and a new car within a year of leaving Nation � as he joined Dunya TV and now is in Express Tribune.

The crime reporters are the jacks of kings, but the most important thing is that why are all these things not clear to the editors and the whole chain of seniors are ignorant about these activities.

Do we all not know about Hanif Khalid editor Jang Rwp, Amir Ilyas Rana of express his ways are more similar to Zia Shahid and Khushnud sahib, but it is strange that the honourable lot of the Dawn like Mubashar Zaidi, Zafar Abbas, Farman Ali Beg etc have been tolerating such activities that their reporters like Khaliq Kiani, Irfan, Shazad etc are millionaires now. There is a need to follow the theme of Apna Gareban in media.

Thanks,

Rehana Sharif

Dr Alamagir

Jul 21, 2011, 12:03:18 PM7/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks Ms Rehana Sharif for supporting my point of view. At least there was someone who can speak truth rather than all those who were crying hoarse till few days ago have now become silent. I am still interested in listening something from Mubashir Zaidi. Matin Haider and Matiullah Jan in defense of their colleague who was equally corrupt like his defenders.

My sources have also revealed some inside stories about the gang of Arshad Sharif and Matiualh Jan along with Shehzad Raza as how he managed the training program for the US on which his Editor DAWN is glorifying him.

I know there is no point in exposing the corrupt journalist as they enjoy majority and those speaking truth are in minority. My only request is that if you are corrupt please go ahead but please do not put a mask of honesty, self pride, integrity and similar other words which many DAWN TV staffers had used for their corrupt colleague.

Dr Alamagir
Islamabad

mhmedi...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2011, 12:36:52 PM7/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

At least I would not speak on this dirty campaign initiated by this so called doctor just directed against Pakistan's most objective neutral and independent TV channel's staffers.

I would briefly say that the names mentioned by u Mr so called doctor, have earned reputation n fame by hard work and not through short cuts in their career and r still salaried class. I would ask u and ur gang stop speaking bullshits now against me and my colleagues.

MH

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Dr Alamagir<dralam...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

Sent from my BlackBerryŽ smartphone from Warid.

Rizwan Razi

Jul 21, 2011, 2:22:27 PM7/21/11
to Peress Pakistan Press Pakistan
Mr Dr Alam Gir
Journalist are less corrupt as doctors as they have to reach the spot and none of their assistant ever make story for them like assistant of doctors use to attend the patients. They never induldge in selling the human body organs of their fellow Pakistanis. Journalists, never boycott and put other's life on stake like our respectable doctors did all across the country. But it does not mean that a specific community of professional can be abused. I mean, one must be shamelessly stubborner to use such language against others as a community.

Razi Dada

Lahore
Rizwan Razi is voicing as Dada in 'Dada Pota Show' which is a current affairs live radio program on FM 98.6 in Lahore and can be accessed at www.lcciradio.com

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
From: mhmedi...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:36:52 +0000

Tariq Naqash

Jul 21, 2011, 2:38:05 PM7/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Two wrongs don't make a right...............
Tariq Naqash
Staff Correspondent DAWN
Muzaffarabad-AJK
PAKISTAN
+92 300 52 33 726
+92 312 52 33 726

Farhan Bokhari

Jul 21, 2011, 2:51:36 PM7/21/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

As mentioned before, I truly resent this campaign to tarnish the name of established journalists. Please remember, we have better things to do in life than put up with slander on this group which I believe should be dedicated to productive discussions on professional issues.

With regards.

Yours sincerely,

Farhan Bokhari

Dr. Alamgir

Jul 22, 2011, 6:07:03 PM7/22/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

I will repeat time and again that corruption in Pakistan media is not a issue which has just come up. It has a long history. They were underpaid and the owners of the news establishments encouraged them to collect the booties from outside to compensate their poor wages.

Now in recent years when there is a mushroom growth of private television channels which has recruited the people with no academic and professional background has provided a field day to all those to loot and plunder left and right.

Tell me how is it possible for Kamran Khan of GEO to drive BMW and built a house in Karachi on 2000 square yards.Similarly Azhar Abbas of Geo who was living in shabby apartment till few years in Gulshan Eqbal of Karachi has built a modern bungalow in DHA Karachi and driving SUV with a fleet of guards around him.. Azhar and his other fellow are those who were colleagues who were so called leftist in recent past. Same is the story of many who have proved the idiom of " rags to riches".

Journalism had never been a profession of comforts and luxuries of life. The overnight affluence, prosperity and comfortable living to many jourbnalist is not through hard earned money but behind all this there is a massive corruption.

My request is please do not play with my patience as I know all the skeltons which are concealed in every television channels. For Heaven sake Mr Mubashir Zaidi, Matiullah Jan, Irfan Raza and Mateen Haider and Arshad Sharif to carry on your mission without making any bones about the universal idealism of honesty and integrity. That is not your cup of tea.

Dr Alamgir
Islamabad