Re: Daily Times & AAJ KAL staff waiting for their salary likebeggars

shahrifat alam

Nov 15, 2009, 11:36:10 PM11/15/09
to Romail Sheraz Kenneth, as...@dailytimes.com.pk, romail....@gmail.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com
It is very sad indeed that the newspaper I put together literally piece by piece has fallen on such bad times!

I am greatly pained and I've told Salmaan so!

However, the new editor might set things right if he can but there are some problems that can only be set right by Salmaan!

Cheers!

Shah Rifat Alam.
Mob: +92-307-444 5554
+92-333-450 3435

Nov 21, 2009, 9:53:01 AM11/21/09
to PressPakistan
Mr Sethi has a typical bourgeois mindset and handled the DT/Aajkal
staff in exremely discriminatory fashion. it seemed if he had come to
this world to protect the people of his 'class'. No doubt Mr Sethi's
steps in the organization were unbecoming of a professional
journalist. he has a charismatic personality and can improve his human
rights record.

On Nov 16, 9:36 am, "shahrifat alam " <shahrifata...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>  [Pak PRwire Network] - Pakistan's first and only Press Release distribution network for journalists and PR professionals. Visit now !!!http://www.PakPRwire.net<http://www.PakPRwire.net>
>
>  You received this message because you are member of "PressPakistan", a mailing group of 6,200 plus national and international journalists..
>  To join and more options, visit:http://PressPakistan.co.cc<http://PressPakistan.co.cc>

najamaziz sethi

Nov 22, 2009, 6:40:01 AM11/22/09
to koozehgar, PressPakistan
Dear Friends,
You should know the facts: I resigned from Daily Times as Editor and from Media Times (which owns Daily Times) as Director on 11 October 2009 after six months of fighting with the management over employee rights, including salaries and increments and downsizing. I was accused by the Chief Financial Officer of taking the side of employees and "bleeding the paper". This is known to the staff. My senior colleagues Khaled Ahmed, Ejaz Haider and Ata Musawwir and Qasim Nauman have also resigned to back up my position. What more can we say?
Najam Sethi

--
[Pak PRwire Network] - Pakistan's first and only Press Release distribution network for journalists and PR professionals. Visit now !!! http://www.PakPRwire.net

Rizwan Razi

Nov 23, 2009, 1:36:15 AM11/23/09
to nsed...@gmail.com, kooze...@gmail.com, Peress Pakistan Press Pakistan
Dear All
This is the least we can expect from a 'working editor' of the calliber of Najam Seithi Sahib and I persnoally believe that he has done his part. We should appreciate his strong gesture. But Najam Sahib must remember the same event of Hussain Naqi Sahib which he done in Daily The News in early 90's and its 'outcome'.
We must discuss on such forums whether such moves can be done in isolation or after taking whole staff into confidence so that journalists can follow up those elements who are always their to remove such pressures from management by offering their shoulders?

Anyway, well done Seithi Sahib.

Cheers

Rizwan ur Rehman Razi
Editor Business