Who's Starting this Winter?

Bobrobyn

Dec 15, 2008, 2:51:56 AM12/15/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
With the upcoming holidays coming up, who else is starting a
polyphasic sleep attempt? I remember reading about people saying they
will during the winter break, and have even chatted with a couple on
IRC.

I started one at the beginning of the year that ultimately failed, and
am starting again with Uberman now. My nap schedule is 12-4-8 AM and
PM, 20 minutes apart. I'm going to be vigilant at keeping the
schedule up this time.

This is actually my first day of this attempt. Good luck to me I
guess.

Any other starters out there this holiday season?

michae...@yahoo.com

Dec 15, 2008, 3:04:38 AM12/15/08
to Polyp...@googlegroups.com
i'm going to try. 12/22! ... M

Sent from my iPhone

Loïc Maltais-Herry

Dec 15, 2008, 3:49:14 AM12/15/08
to Polyp...@googlegroups.com
I've started 8 days ago a Uberman Sleep Schedule,

so far so good,

Jared

Dec 15, 2008, 8:15:44 AM12/15/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
I will be starting in the middle of January or so. I'm very very,
excited, to the point where I've stopped thinking about it so the wait
will seem shorter :)

This group will be getting an update when I'm finally able to begin.
Adapting to Uberman in a sub-zero environment should prove
interesting...

Jared

On Dec 15, 9:49 am, "Loïc Maltais-Herry" <qc.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've started 8 days ago a Uberman Sleep Schedule,
> so far so good,
>
> Good luck.
>
> 2008/12/15 michaeltlu...@yahoo.com <michaeltlu...@yahoo.com>
>

> > i'm going to try. 12/22! ... M
>
> > Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 14, 2008, at 11:51 PM, Bobrobyn <Bobro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > With the upcoming holidays coming up, who else is starting a
> > polyphasic sleep attempt?  I remember reading about people saying they
> > will during the winter break, and have even chatted with a couple on
> > IRC.
>
> > I started one at the beginning of the year that ultimately failed, and
> > am starting again with Uberman now.  My nap schedule is 12-4-8 AM and
> > PM, 20 minutes apart.  I'm going to be vigilant at keeping the
> > schedule up this time.
>
> > This is actually my first day of this attempt.  Good luck to me I
> > guess.
>
> > Any other starters out there this holiday season?- Hide quoted text -

David Baldwin

Dec 15, 2008, 9:33:35 AM12/15/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
I'm considering switching from 4.5 hr core everyman to 3 hr.
Certainly I could use the accountability.

David

cumom

Dec 15, 2008, 10:14:41 PM12/15/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
I am starting attempt #2 on Friday. Unless someone has something bad
to say about planned extra naps during adaptation (even Steve Pavlina
did one) I am planning 10 naps (no core). If I can survive on 10 naps,
I will start weaning myself down to 6. I am hoping this will help me
avoid oversleeping this time. Let me know if anyone thinks this is a
bad idea.

Jared

Dec 16, 2008, 4:46:14 AM12/16/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
10 naps may be overkill, my friend. Steve Pavlina could get away with
one because he was a precocious (and rather successful) adapter. We
can't extrapolate his experiences onto others, necessarily. No one has
ever experimented and reported success with a 10-nap schedule, so be
weary. I personally think you could get away with no more than two
extra, but best of luck to you anyway.

polytrier

Dec 16, 2008, 1:41:45 PM12/16/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
I think that starting adaptation with 10 naps is a very good idea.
Actually I was thinking of doing that myself :). I was planning to
take all my extra naps during the night and then gradually decrease
the number of naps untill I reach 6 naps or untill I can not decrease
naps without oversleeping.
I don't think there's a convincing evidence against extra naps. By the
way that's how Claudio Stampi's subjects went on. If I'd find out that
6 naps is unsustainable for me but 10 naps is I'd try doing 10 naps
long term.

eftichis

Dec 16, 2008, 6:44:39 AM12/16/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
Hello!

I have thought about this for some days now: I´ll start Uberman again.
Today.
I have written a Word document with pros and cons, to remind myself
(when i can´t think clear due to tiredness) WHY i am doing this. I
will set up a blog at wordpress this night in order to inform anyone
who is interested on how I am doing (and to build up my motivation of
course :) Feedback is always welcome)

The main reason for starting is the sleep problem I have: I sleep way
to long and even during school i push every minute I have left to
sleep. I just can´t get myself into a monophasic sleep pattern. I´ve
been trying Biphasic now for 5 month, but I still don´t get the rest
I need. I don´t have the motivation for either bi- or monophasic
sleep :( So why should uberman work for me? The answer is simple: I
have done it before (unfortunately only for 4 weeks), and after the 3
week everything was working great for me. I loved the feeling of
living "with" the time, rather than "jumping" from one day into the
next, and of course all the other little side effects like more time
luicid dreams etc :) I had to stop because school started again, and i
didn´t want to sleep during the 20 minute break, what i now am willing
to do. Due to this decision I will come about 5 Minutes late to class
every day after the break, depending on how fast the teacher will let
me out of class. I guess telling them about my new sleep cycle is a
good idea here^^

Don´t wish me luck, it´s not gambling :D

Feedback and motivation is always welcome and I shall give it in
return.

Kind regards and all the best

Felix aka eftichis

Bobrobyn

Dec 17, 2008, 1:23:11 AM12/17/08
to Polyphasic Sleep
It's pretty awesome that others are starting around the same time as
me. Good luck guys :)

You know, we should all go on IRC or something until late in the
morning. (Take a look at http://www.mirc.com/ if you don't know what
IRC is -- basically, it's a thing that lets you chat, called Internet
Relay Chat -> it's easier than it looks at first, ask here if you're
having problems). I personally hang out on the channel #polyphasers
on the FreeNode server. It might help us stay motivated. Just a
suggestion. Anyone know of any other polyphasic sleep channels?

Jorel Pi

Dec 17, 2008, 1:28:00 AM12/17/08
to Polyp...@googlegroups.com
There's a meebo chat room for polyphasic sleepers.

http://bit.ly/utHx

The good thing about meebo is it keeps a public log of what's been said.

Here's the logs for the meebo polyphasic chat room.

http://bit.ly/1VXb

Loïc Maltais-Herry

Dec 17, 2008, 4:10:14 AM12/17/08
to Polyp...@googlegroups.com
The bit.ly chatroom seems rather dead, we are a small group hanging on IRC (at freenode).
Feel free to join us :)