التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

T3mpl...@googlemail.com

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 10:19:46 ص16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
Are sleep tracks used much or only few people do it. I am on everyman
and wondering if I should try them. Is the only benefit the fact that
outside noise will distract you less, or?

Marcus Weidner

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 2:43:05 م16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
I live by the sleep tracks, blocks out all the noise both outside and inside my head, lets me sleep through the phone ringing at home, cars driving by when I take my naps in my truck, etc.  Plus it pretty much guarentees that I will wake up at the end with the alarm being right in my ear. (I use my cell phone with ear buds to listen to it)

--
Marcus

Joseph Stoppelbein

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 7:50:04 م16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
I use the placebo sleep track, 20 minutes.
1) It's excellent for killing outside noise - use on ipod - I have kids.
2) Placebo effect - not only am I ready for my nap but the white noise
tells my brain its time - kinda helps in falling asleep quick for me.
3) the wake up mode is excellent - dropping the white noise, then louder
noises.

I like it, but again; we know that many intricacies of polyphasic sleep are
not for everyone.
Joe

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 8:51:45 م16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
I'm biased because I made the tracks, but if I can toot my own horn...
(After writing this post I realise my points are pretty much the same as Joseph's)

1) Kills outside noise pretty much entirely (or used to, my latest mp3 player doesn't quite have the same oomph :/)
2) You end up inadvertantly training yourself to feel drowsy and tired when you hear the distinctive sound of the mp3 - so you pass out easily
3) You wake up steadily, instead of with something harsh like an alarm. Of course, if you really struggle to wake up, an alarm becomes necessary anyway
4) My latest mp3 (not uploaded) ends with one of those holophonic tracks at the end, making it feel like you're lying in a splash pool on the beach.
I really should upload it so you guys can try it. It feels great to wake up to, with seagulls included, etc.
Someone beg me for it, so I can up the priority :)

I'm willing to concede that there are a few negatives about my tracks. Namely: you end up relying on them and if you end up forgetting your mp3 player somewhere, you're stuffed until you get it again.

For those starting out with a schedule, here's my suggestions to use along with my tracks:
1) Get a sleep mask, to cut out light. It helps
2) Learn how to meditate and clear your mind of thoughts. Sometimes your mind is running wild, so this is a useful ability.
3) Make yourself a flask of tea (or coffee if your schedule allows) for those difficult nap times (night?) ... when you wake up, forget waking up/standing up - your only goal is to drink the tea finished.
This forces you to sit up and finish it, and if it's still hot, this takes a bit of time. By the time you're done, your perspective on whether you want to wake up has changed a lot :)

On another note... I wanted to hold back on this info, but meh... the schedule I'm experimenting with was coined 'lucidman' by somebody on dreamviews.com (visit: it's a good forum! :D) although the name could be a misnomer and probably needs a new name if someone can think of a good one.

Essentially it's uberman. But instead of the annoyance of a nap every 4 hours, you squish 2 naps together in one slot. No, not a 40 minute nap (that's not recommended), but 2 separate 20 minute naps. Now of course the biggest danger here is that you need to make sure you don't end up just extending your 20 minute nap into 40, by just passing out back into oblivion again after that first nap.

So here's what I'm doing (and it works a charm so far):
I nap at 5am, 1pm, 9pm
I prepare a strong, sweet flask of coffee .. yes caffeinated, will explain in a sec... and use my 20 minute mp3. When the track ends, you concentrate on drinking the coffee and nothing else. This forces you to sit up and take time to feel better about getting up. Then I get up, wash my face, check on things, and generally make sure I'm not feeling groggy anymore.
THEN take your second nap.

By the time the coffee kicks in, it's more or less time to wake up from the second nap, and youv'e got 8 hours for the caffeine to wear off, unlike with uberman where coffee would affect your next nap.
This makes adaptation far, far easier as you have good 'ol drugs to help things along.

Advantages:
1) Convenient spread of 8 hour wakefulness
2) Convenient timing of the naps at least in my case - before work/school, lunchtime, normal bedtime (well... bedtime for 3 year olds.. lol)
3) Flexible - if you have a meeting at your nap time, switch to standard uberman (forgo the coffee, have first nap an hour earlier, and have another nap sometime after the meeting). BTW, this concept is experimental, and not recommended during adaptation :)
4) Caffeine becomes your friend, not your foe
5) With 8 hour spreads, you can even consider alcohol, if you time it well. Maybe. Experimental, not recommended during adaptation, etc etc

PS: The one catch I have personally is that the sugar in the coffee seems to hit me a few minutes before the end of my second nap.
PS2: The reason I haven't called a 'breakthrough' on this is because I've had some setbacks, namely family xmas parties, etc, where I took a chance.

- Greg
--
`People who don't get carried away, should be`

Netopalis

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 10:29:29 م16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
I'd be very interested in both hearing more about your schedule and in
the new MP3! Could you please tell us a bit more and upload at some
point in the near future?
> <pastorjo...@gmail.com>wrote:

William Cleveland

غير مقروءة،
16‏/12‏/2008، 10:57:14 م16‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Oh please please please Greg upload the new tracks!

That new schedule sounds amazing.

You're amazing.

You'd be more amazing if you uploaded your new sleep tracks!!!!

(I'll even mirror it for you on my university account if it will fit.)

(How did I do?)

-William
--
William CLEVELAND
P.O. Box 905

Marcus Weidner

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 12:16:22 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com

That is very interesting, I would love to hear more about your new schedule, mostly what you had to do to adapt to it, how long you have been on it without issues, etc.

It sounds like one I might be interested in trying, I have actually done the double nap like you described on a few occasions when I had my schedule a bit out of wack to try and catch up without totally breaking my schedule.

Also your sleep tracks rock, I know I have posted that to the group before, but since we are on the subject I figure I would mention it again :-), I use the 26 minute sleep track for the most part, I am a couple version behind on it though as I tried the one you uploaded with the binarial beats in it and found it distracting, I would love to try out the new version you have though if you can get it uploaded.

--
Marcus Weidner

Bobrobyn

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 1:13:07 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
Your sleep tracks are awesome, Placebo. I'm one of their users, and
I'd love to try out your new tracks when you get the chance to upload
them :) I use them for all the same reasons already mentioned.

Placebo, you need to let us all know how your new sleep pattern goes.
If you're able to adopt, I'll consider it as an alternative. Heck, if
a long bought of wakefullness is required for something in the uberman
pattern, experimenting with using the two-nap and coffee (really, a
normal nap and a coffee nap!) trick might be useful, instead of having
to crash later in the day.

Netopalis

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 2:10:26 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
Real quick, I had a question about the new schedule, if I could. What
do you think makes this work and Dymaxion not work? Despite a few
successes, the general consensus has been that Dymaxion is the most
difficult schedule, yet you seem to think that this new schedule works
quite easily. Any insight as to why? How does this new schedule
affect the "timeless" feeling that some have mentioned? It would seem
to me like having these long periods of wakefulness would accentuate
it, but I could be wrong....Any other drawbacks that you can see at
the moment? Are you tired of being bombarded with questions? ;)

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 3:28:12 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys, I feel loved again :D
Now if only I could make a bit of a living from this. Free mp3s are cool and everything, but don't pay bills :(

Anyway, I'm not nearly as amazing as you all think. I'd love to piss excellence, but I'm human(ish) too.
Firstly, this lucidman schedule isn't of my own conception, but an idea of somebody on DreamViews (a guy named tendomentis)
Although I did add the coffee nap concept and my own personal routine. And of course, my mp3s

He hasn't done it properly himself, and he named it lucidman with the hope that it would result in lots of lucid dreams (well, that'd be nice, but since adapted uberman normally gives me quite a few... it makes sense)

Secondly, I've only been doing this schedule for about a week, and 2 days ago was my family xmas party. Things didn't go well for my schedule - I got pressured into drinking, and only got time for one nap, etc etc.
I thought I was still good, but my 9am nap ended up being a single nap of 5 hours :P

So this schedule is largely unproven. The only reason I believe it has a lot of potential is that for the first few days it seemed to doing well. That's far from solid evidence of course.
That's why I initially wanted to wait before telling you guys about this. But somebody wants to have a go at it too, great, I'd love to see the results.

If this schedule is workable, it should be a lot easier to adapt to than uberman. So this could be a step to uberman, but honestly, why would you want to change to uberman from this? The advantages are far greater on this schedule IMO.

Now onto those questions... err... I'll make it another post, since there were so many.

- Greg

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 4:16:57 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Again thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
Do you guys mind if I posted some of this stuff on my site... when I finally get it together to revamp it?
With reference to your nicks of course.

Before I go on, there are a lot of other tips that I never mentioned in those other posts.
- Don't sit in the dark. Seems obvious, but don't be tempted to try. The brighter the room, the better, for reasons of day/night rhythm.
- Avoid very heavy, fatty, unhealthy meals during adaptation, and don't eat within an hour or two of your naps. IMO rather delay your nap by up to an hour. Rather that than your body struggling through a bad meal.
- Do some cardio (get your heart rate up) right after your nap, particularly the one before night time.
- Snack on light and healthy food to keep your blood sugar stable
- Work out a list of things you want to do at night, and arrange them in order of mental & physical requirements. When you feel really out of sorts and 'stupid', don't try to do calculus. You'll just sit there in a zombie state and end up passing out. At least that's what I have to avoid.
- If you're really struggling at night, tell yourself how you piss excellence and just need to take a jog outside (substitute any cardio here)'. And then do it :P. In my case, I have a treadmill downstairs which I just need to crawl onto and press the button. The nice thing about a treadmill is you had better move on it. Or hit the wall behind you :P
- Learn to meditate and clear your mind. If you struggle to go to sleep, meditate in a sleeping position instead. You will still get some rejuvenation. In my case, I go into sleep paralysis even though I'm still aware of myself.

... err don't remember any other tips right at the moment, but those are a good start I think

Okay, let's tackle the stack of questions..

[quote=Netopalis]
I'd be very interested in both hearing more about your schedule and in
the new MP3!  Could you please tell us a bit more and upload at some
point in the near future?
[/quote]
Since there seems to be some interest in it, sure :)
Just need to make one or two little adjustments first

[quote=William Cleveland]You're amazing.... (How did I do?)[/quote]
A bit of overkill, but the flattery comes at a good time :)
Pity it doesn't pay bills though
I'll upload soon

[quote=Marcus]what you had to do to adapt to it[/quote]
Just the coffee nap and routine as described, and doing a bit of exercise after some naps to keep the furnace going
And my mp3s of course. And no meals within an hour or two of a nap. And avoiding particularly unhealthy rubbish.

[quote=Marcus]how long you have been on it without issues, etc.[/quote]
I still have issues, because I'm not finished adapting. Thanks to my family xmas party :(
The thing is, that coffee tends to mask the sleep deprivation somewhat, so it's difficult to measure any issues. (pros and cons of coffee)

[quote=Marcus]

It sounds like one I might be interested in trying, I have actually done the double nap like you described on a few occasions when I had my schedule a bit out of wack to try and catch up without totally breaking my schedule.
[/quote]
Good to know ;)
My previous attempts at a double nap were dodgy at best. The coffee nap and the making sure you get up to wash your face, etc really makes a difference here.

[quote=Marcus]I tried the one you uploaded with the binarial beats in it and found it distracting[/quote]

Me too actually. Someone specifically asked me to make it with binaurals, and I didn't particularly like the result either. My most recent version has binaurals, but it's much less distracting IMO. But I'll see if I can upload a version without the binaurals.

At some point I still want to try isochronic tones, but I'm skeptical about the idea now, as isochronic tones are even more distracting than binaurals as I understand. I suppose part of the problem is that the binaurals I used was just a binaural track that I combined with my mp3. Results would be better if I could actually modify the left and right channels of my mp3 instead of adding a noisy track to them.

[quote=Netopalis]What do you think makes this work and Dymaxion not work?[/quote]
Dymaxion has 30 minute naps. That's problem #1 IMO. I don't believe in naps longer than about 25 min maximum. I stick with my 20 min nap.
And a 30 minute coffee nap won't work too well either, because the caffeine kicks in faster than that. And the sugar even more so.
In fact, if you can stand it, I'd suggest coffee without the sugar, and then snack on something after your second nap.

[quote=Netopalis]
Despite a fewsuccesses, the general consensus has been that Dymaxion is the most

difficult schedule, yet you seem to think that this new schedule works quite easily.  Any insight as to why?
[/quote]
The routine I suggested helps a lot. The coffee nap especially.
Also, the most dangerous time is at night, and most people have been avoiding coffee

[quote=Netopalis]

How does this new schedule affect the "timeless" feeling that some have mentioned?
It would seem to me like having these long periods of wakefulness would accentuate it, but I could be wrong....
[/quote]
Well, yes, that night period is longer, but it also means you get to concentrate on something and not be interrupted and be tempted to lie in after a nap at an ungodly hour.

Coffee helps a lot to keep going, and keeping yourself focussed on something engaging is vital.
In my case, my least mentally taxing activity is playing Fallout 3, which I can do for hours on end.
In fact, I'm more in danger of pushing my next nap too far when I get focussed on that game :P

When I'm feeling up to it, I do graphic illustrations and photo retouching, programming some exciting projects of mine and generally mucking around on the net or on forums.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys

- Greg

Any other drawbacks that you can see at the moment? Are you tired of being bombarded with questions?  ;)

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 4:22:26 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Err... and that question of drawbacks got forgotten.
- The coffee masks your ability to judge how well you're doing.
- The long hours between naps mean that you ideally need to keep focussed on something that takes a while, at night when adapting at least. This takes a bit of planning and self control sometimes.
- The longer nap time means you need to find a slightly more comfy spot. At work this is a problem I have, it feels like they deliberately avoid any private spots :/ I usually sleep on my side (sometimes on my back), so for my second nap, I tend to sleep on the opposite side from the first.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that using a sleep mask in the day helps somewhat. And finding a suitable place to sleep, which can be challenging sometimes.

- Greg

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 4:24:50 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Um sorry for triple posting. But I posted these responses with the quoted bits on dreamviews.
If someone doesn't want to be quoted on there please let me know and I'll remove it :)

Marcus Weidner

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 8:05:58 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much for the replies to our questions thus far, please send us updates on how it is working for you (the good and the bad :-) ).  Being a bit more than a week into it sounds like you have a good idea where it is going, but I will be interested in the report after your one month mark.  I know that for myself at least I can work though a week with sheer willpower, but would definatly know how things were going to work out by the end of a month.

This would be exciting though to have a schedule that feels like Dymaxion with the long intervals between naps but without using the unatural nap lenght.

Also another question I had for you that I forgot to ask last time.  Is there periods where you are very tired in the cycle?  I think it is probably to soon for you to know where the rough spots are (besides some of the late night stuff that is always a struggle during adaption).  I will be courious to see if you get very tired after being up for 6 hours or so as that seems to be like hitting a wall polyphasic wise normally.

--
Marcus Weidner

cumom

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 8:19:48 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
I would also love to try out your new track. PLEASE!!!! Anything I can
do to help? I have some bandwidth to share and I could do some editing
if that would help.
> <pastorjo...@gmail.com>wrote:

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 9:00:45 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Okay due to popular demand, I'm going to post my existing mp3 as-is and ask everyone what they like or don't like.

It's just over 20 minutes in length, I tend to get up at 22 minutes or so.
I'm sure you guys will love the water wakeup though, cos I got a bit bored of chickens.
In fact, you're probably going to end up looking forward to waking up to this water sound ;)

There is a very mild binaural in it, if that still bugs me, tell me :)
Also let me know if the noise needs to be louder, because on my mp3 player, it still does. I'm going to amplify it for myself.

And one particular thing I'll take out is that at 15 minutes there's a very soft sound of a dripping tap - if you're asleep you won't even notice. Reason for it is that I was thinking of training myself to become lucid in dreams if I see water.
No success on that yet, but maybe someone wants to try that too, I'll leave it in atm.
Of course, if you want to edit the track with Audacity and take out that drip right now, be my guest.

Please ... if you don't like something, chances are someone else agrees with you. So let me know.
Another please .. if you really really love me, and have excess money to donate (hah), please donate to me with ikobo on my site :)
Or you can give me an idea of what I could make or do that you'd be willing to pay for. I'm a programmer and budding illustrator, so whatever you can think up I'll consider.

(Right now, the one thing in my life that I would give my left arm for , would be earning enough money working from home ... sob sob..)

Oh and is anybody using my sleep tracking software, and wants me to make a new version?

- Greg

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 9:46:02 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Alrighty it's up. Have a look at my mp3 download page at http://polynap.grelly.com
It's version 7

T3mpl...@googlemail.com

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 9:49:12 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
Its funny how my question about the sleep tracks turned into lucidman
discussion - I was asking for info on the tracks, cuz I was thinking
of starting the lucidman and the tracks seem to be useful in this
schedule. But I guess I will wait to see what happens to Placebo
before I actually try the lucidman.

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 10:01:56 ص17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Err.. I think I uploaded the wrong one.
Uploading my amped one that I'll be using over the next while. Give it 15 mins.

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
17‏/12‏/2008، 1:52:37 م17‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Big  correction = the guy who came up with lucidman is Luke on dreamviews, not tendomentis

Bobrobyn

غير مقروءة،
18‏/12‏/2008، 11:03:10 م18‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
There's a weird noise that seems to come in and out for a while during
the beginning of the track...but then it stops later on. As well, the
water noises in the middle section are kinda annoying (I fell asleep,
and woke back up in the middle to water noises...). Maybe have a
version without the binerial (or whatever they're called) beats, too,
for comparisons sake. I really like the water for wake up :)

On Dec 17, 1:52 pm, "PlaceboZA (Greg)" <placeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Big  correction = the guy who came up with lucidman is Luke on dreamviews,
> not tendomentis
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM, PlaceboZA (Greg) <placeb...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Err.. I think I uploaded the wrong one.
> > Uploading my amped one that I'll be using over the next while. Give it 15
> > mins.
>
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 4:46 PM, PlaceboZA (Greg) <placeb...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Alrighty it's up. Have a look at my mp3 download page at
> >>http://polynap.grelly.com
> >> It's version 7

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
22‏/12‏/2008، 10:12:26 ص22‏/12‏/2008
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded version 8. Try it out, I think it'll be to your liking.
(from my site ... http://polynap.grelly.com)

The wierd noise is the binaurals, which is gone now, as are the water noises.
(BTW, if you woke up from those noises, I would guess that you aren't sleeping very soundly)

Other changes: 1 minute fadeout (was shorter before), 15 more seconds after the voice before it blasts your eardrums off with that nasty stuff at the end.

So basically, it's a very simple version now. But I think it's solid and has what's needed.

-Greg
http://polynap.grelly.com

sergeyn

غير مقروءة،
05‏/01‏/2009، 4:42:18 م5‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyphasic Sleep

Hi Greg,

Could you name the songs you used in 'wake up' part of your mp3s ?

Thanks,
Sergey.

On Dec 22 2008, 4:12 pm, "PlaceboZA (Greg)" <placeb...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just uploaded version 8. Try it out, I think it'll be to your liking.
> (from my site ...http://polynap.grelly.com)
>
> The wierd noise is the binaurals, which is gone now, as are the water
> noises.
> (BTW, if you woke up from those noises, I would guess that you aren't
> sleeping very soundly)
>
> Other changes: 1 minute fadeout (was shorter before), 15 more seconds after
> the voice before it blasts your eardrums off with that nasty stuff at the
> end.
>
> So basically, it's a very simple version now. But I think it's solid and has
> what's needed.
>
> -Greghttp://polynap.grelly.com
>
> read more »

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
06‏/01‏/2009، 2:14:24 ص6‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
In version 8 there is only 2 musical bits:

1) the military trumpet tune they play to wake up troops in the morning (I forget the name, I'm sure someone else knows it)
2) The holophonic water sounds, which I don't have names for since it was given to me on an unnamed and untitled audio demo disk. The person who gave it to me insists that I can do whatever I like with them.

So in short, no I can't name them :P

Joseph Stoppelbein

غير مقروءة،
06‏/01‏/2009، 4:56:16 ص6‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com

That ‘trumpet tune’ is called reveille.

I think it would be a great 2 AM alarm, but my wife would probably disagree.

Joe

sergeyn

غير مقروءة،
07‏/01‏/2009، 3:59:23 م7‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
> In version 8 there is only 2
I meant v5,

Thanks,
Sergey.

> read more »

cumom

غير مقروءة،
08‏/01‏/2009، 7:28:39 ص8‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyphasic Sleep
I tried to download it a while ago and got a "404 Not Found error". I
assumed that it just wasn't up yet, so I waited a while to try again.
I still get the same error. Here is the URL I am trying:
http://polynap.grelly.com/SleepTracks/Polynap8_20.mp3
Am I doing something wrong?

On Dec 22 2008, 9:12 am, "PlaceboZA (Greg)" <placeb...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just uploaded version 8. Try it out, I think it'll be to your liking.
> (from my site ...http://polynap.grelly.com)
>
> The wierd noise is the binaurals, which is gone now, as are the water
> noises.
> (BTW, if you woke up from those noises, I would guess that you aren't
> sleeping very soundly)
>
> Other changes: 1 minute fadeout (was shorter before), 15 more seconds after
> the voice before it blasts your eardrums off with that nasty stuff at the
> end.
>
> So basically, it's a very simple version now. But I think it's solid and has
> what's needed.
>
> -Greghttp://polynap.grelly.com
>
> read more »

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
08‏/01‏/2009، 7:38:04 ص8‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Ah. geez. sorry. wrong file name. Dunno how I did that :/
It's fixed now.

(BTW, the amped version worked though, which is a version with noise at full volume)

Ben

غير مقروءة،
08‏/01‏/2009، 11:26:15 ص8‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
2008/12/17 PlaceboZA (Greg) <plac...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks guys, I feel loved again :D
> Now if only I could make a bit of a living from this. Free mp3s are cool and
> everything, but don't pay bills :(

Free!
As the benefactor of some of your tracks and someone who hassled you
to make isochronic tracks while waving money at you all I can say is
*sigh*.

but it's too late now, I've quit my job and I'm a poor student again :-P
The upside to this is of course I'm now giving Uberman a shot! yay!

That lucidman sounds fantastic if it works.

Sugar doesn't belong in coffee ;-) - at least, not the real stuff, I
can understand for instant though. Why not just take a No-Doz
(caffeine pill), or have a something to eat before the coffee so it
takes longer to get through your bloodstream and into your system?

> Things didn't go well for my schedule - I got
> pressured into drinking, and only got time for one nap, etc etc.
> I thought I was still good, but my 9am nap ended up being a single nap of 5
> hours :P

Drinking is what killed my Everyman schedule. I will raise a half
glass in celebration now. That is it. No more. The awesome calming and
energising effect of polyphasic sleep kicks the crap out of any good
feelings from being drunk anyway right? ;-)

PlaceboZA (Greg)

غير مقروءة،
08‏/01‏/2009، 8:26:37 م8‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
I tried making an isochronic track, but doing the isochronic tones myself is an insane task (not enough info out there on how)
So I used neuroprogrammer 2, which worked fine. However to export the mp3, I need to pay for the pro version of it :/

I'll have another look tomorrow night

Ben

غير مقروءة،
08‏/01‏/2009، 11:37:08 م8‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
gahh, if I was still working I'd stump the cash.

Although, v8 works pretty well anyway - or maybe it's just that I'm
damn exhausted because I've just started polyphasing today, after
being short on sleep the last few days - I kind of like shocking
myself into it :-P.

2009/1/9 PlaceboZA (Greg) <plac...@gmail.com>:

William Cleveland

غير مقروءة،
21‏/01‏/2009، 3:54:48 م21‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Hey Placebo,

What happened to the double nap thing you talked about?  I don't remember any conclusions from it...

Was it good?  Effective?  Are you still on it?  Why did you stop?

Thanks,
William

[...]

22‏/01‏/2009، 1:42:58 م22‏/1‏/2009
إلى Polyp...@googlegroups.com
Hey Will,

I'm sure I mentioned a conclusion somewhere (I think?)
Basically, I stopped because I couldn't keep it going for more than a few days at a time before crashing.

The reasons are a bit fuzzy and I could keep making excuses why I was crashing, but it just seemed that there's something wrong with either me or the schedule.
I had high hopes for the schedule, and who knows, maybe it's just me - but it just seemed to be going nowhere for me.
It seemed like a great answer to get fix the social and flexibility issues of an extreme schedule like uberman, but alas :/

Hope it works for someone else though, but I doubt I'll try it again.

As for me starting something else - not anytime soon. I have chronic headaches lately (unrelated), so I need to get that sorted out first before I can try something new.

- Greg / Placebo
http://polynap.grelly.com
الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب