Microwave Build Day

AG6QV - Frank

Aug 26, 2022, 5:51:37 PM8/26/22
to PNW-Mi...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the calendar https://pnw-microwave.com/Calendar with the
build days for the rest of the year.

- Frank

--
73 de AG6QV
CN87tl

Nick Krachmalnick

Aug 26, 2022, 5:56:31 PM8/26/22
to AG6QV - Frank, PNW VHF Society - Microwave build group
Thank you Frank,

Fred and I will see you on Sunday morning.

73's

Fred W

Aug 27, 2022, 5:15:28 PM8/27/22
to Nick Krachmalnick, AG6QV - Frank, PNW VHF Society - Microwave build group
I'll be there.

Bringing 10GHz xvtr stuff, I fixed some issues with it this week and probably caused some more.

I would like to test the output power from the xvtr tx and the amp output.

Also will bring my Kenwood ssb transceiver, it has no audio output. Seems to receive and transmit ok.

122GHz?

Fred - n7fw

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Aug 27, 2022, 8:27:46 PM8/27/22
to PNW Microwave
I will head there after the 2 meter net.  I am bringing a way to measure power at 10 GHz as well as my 122 GHz radio.  I hope there will be others to test 122 GHz with.

My main goal will be to help Fred to get running on 10 GHz.

I am also bringing my W1GHz 10 GHz to potentially play with - its IF is 144 so we may have IF to IF radio issues.  We could solve that by running split.

Nick Krachmalnick

Aug 27, 2022, 8:44:20 PM8/27/22
to Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave
Hi again,

Will bring my 10 GHz system #2  and 122 GHz (same one we used for the contact Ray).

73's

Nick

Dave

Aug 28, 2022, 1:54:20 PM8/28/22
to Fred W, Nick Krachmalnick, AG6QV - Frank, PNW VHF Society - Microwave build group
I'll turn up to the September build day if someone would tell me where and when please?

Dave
AD6A

Matt S

Aug 30, 2022, 12:00:58 PM8/30/22
to PNW Microwave
How did the gathering turn out?  Any progress on the 1296 amps?  I found some time and pulled mine out for a bit to finally test the power output, 30W out... Kind of bummed with that at first considering its pulling over 200W.  After poking around thinking that maybe there is an imbalance driving the two FETs?  The input SWR indicated on my 9700 is around 1.7:1 while the input caps are adjusted to maximum output.

Read and found some info on 'snow flaking' so will give that a try in the next week or so hopefully.  Otherwise nothing exciting to report from down here.

~Matt
   KC7OOY