Project Resource Management tools

Guru

Jan 30, 2008, 11:09:03 PM1/30/08
to PMHUB - The largest PM group in Googlegroups!
Hello,

My name is Guru and I am a Sr. PM for an IT company in Folsom, CA. My
company is looking for a software tool that helps multiple project
managers manage resources. Please email me at ngur...@gmail.com if
you are aware of a good tool/software that does the following:

1. Allows multiple PMs to cross utilize team resources (each PM has
5-6 software developers and QAs working on various projects). The goal
is to level resources across projects, across teams and across PMs.
2. Provides reports of resource utilization (based on assignments,
Developer A can be working on Project X in one group keeping him 40%
busy while being assigned to another project, say Project Y for a
different group keeping him 35% busy. The report should give
management an overview of the delta [25%] resource availability).
3. Provides visual representation of resource utilization.

My group has 4 Sr. Managers each has about 4-5 PMs. Each PM has a pool
of 5-6 developers; 5-6 QAs, 2-3 Project Analysts and 2-3 technical
leads. The goal is to have the ability to cross utilize resources for
better resource management across the organization.

Thanks and regards,
Guru

PRABHATH PREMASURIYA

Jan 31, 2008, 2:17:04 AM1/31/08
to PM...@googlegroups.com
Dear Guru,
Why don't you try "Time Sheet Professional" from Computer Associates.
It may help you to resolve your problem.
Regards,

Prabhath P. Premasuriya. PMP

Guru <ngur...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.