How can I achieve efficiency and speed for high traffic dating web site

1 view

PD

Mar 22, 2006, 4:39:54 PM3/22/06
to PHP Hacks
I am currently making a dating website.

I want to have some information on how to structure the database and
the php files so that I can achieve speed and efficiency.

Can some one please give me suggestions and point me to references
where I can get this information.

Diogo

Mar 30, 2006, 12:57:58 PM3/30/06
to PHP Hacks

clops

Apr 18, 2006, 6:15:56 AM4/18/06
to PHP Hacks
I usually go through a lot of caching on all layers of the
architechture

Cache DB data (triggers are wonderful for that purpose)
Cache Business Logic (the code) - TurckMMCache or Zend Accelerator do
the job well
Cache Display Data - create static HTML content as much as possible
Use Ajax in order to prolong cache's life as long as possible