talk on tuesday

Em

Oct 28, 2005, 2:31:46 AM10/28/05
to Oxford International Relations M.Phil (2005)
He has been described by Time magazine as "a prophet". The Utne Reader
has listed him as one of the top 100 Visionaries of the World and the
Washington Post boasts him as "a promising persona for the future: the
intellectual as man of the world." And now, "one of the great
organizing
and focusing teachers", John Ralston Saul, will be in Oxford to discuss
his new book, The Collapse of Globalism.

Slaying the myth that the march of globalization continues and that the
end of history is upon us, The Collapse of Globalism focuses in on
the paradox and chaotic vacuum we have been left. It is this collapse
and the geopolitical chasm we must now bridge that will be at the heart
of
John Ralston Saul's talk. We hope you will join us for what will be a
stimulating and wide-ranging discussion.

John Ralston Saul

The Collapse of Globalism

November 2, 2005

5:00 pm

Lecture Room 6, New College

Milan

Nov 1, 2005, 12:56:07 PM11/1/05
to Oxford International Relations M.Phil (2005)
November 2nd is actually Wednesday. Also happening that night:

The Rhodes Scholar Southern African Forum is hosting RHODES DEBATE 2005

Date: Wednesday 2 November 2005
Venue: Milner Hall, Rhodes House
Time: 5-7pm (Doors open at 4.30 and the debate starts at 5pm sharp!)

The event is free and open to all.

MOTION - "THIS HOUSE WOULD MAKE REPARATIONS FOR THE PAST"