Floyd's Defense -- Worth Considering

Matthew Hall

Oct 16, 2006, 2:18:28 PM10/16/06
to Oxford Cycling
Hello,
During some down-time this weekend, I had the chance to read the
documents Floyd Landis has posted as part of his defense. Until
reading this stuff, I counted myself among that large group of people
fed up with Landis and I must confess that I had decided the case (in
my own mind, at least) based entirely on media reports.

After reading Landis's arguments, I think the scales tip rather
dramatically in Landis's favor.

His website details some of the arguments:
http://www.floydlandis.com/blog/

The really good stuff is found at the link on the Landis site to
box.net (follow the log on instructions on the Landis site) where you
can download his attorney's submission to the Review Board and a
PowerPoint show (titled Floyd Landis_SS final) from Arne Baker MD.
These two docs detail a nuanced and (to me) persuasive argument that
the French lab ignored prevailing standards and inaccurately declared
Landis's sample positive. Further, the docs demonstrate that the lab
failed to replicate its results reliably -- casting the entire testing
process into doubt. Moreover, the Review Board document explains that
the lab reported values on control measurements consistent with
miscalibrated instrument and inconsistent with a positive drug test.

Good reading.

--Matthew Hall