Please cancel it, TATAs deserve this.

Manoj Padhi

May 6, 2006, 11:53:19 PM5/6/06
to c...@ori.nic.in, orissa today
Dear CM,

I want to remind you that TATAs even backed out from the GOPALPUR steel project after acquiring all th e lands near GOPALPUR. Several villages displaced and  lifes changed - what for a dead steel project. It is more than 10 years several thousand acres are lying with TATA. Why the government is not thinking of taking back the land from TATAs and giving it to the Russian company.

Please get back the land from TATAs and give it to the Russian company who is interested for setting up a steel plant.

We will appreciate if you consider this genuine request. I am born in Berhampur and I want  to see some major changes/developments in my town. No false promises please. I heard some STPI is coming, only some photographs in web site.

Why the ministries are going at slow pace ?

Even  the Minister IT, doesn't  come out with plans where is the STPI, when it will be started. what about transportation infrastructure development etc etc.

We the intellectuals are anxiously waiting to see how the government will  react to this suggegstion.

-MEMBERS- FYI

NEW DELHI, MAY 5:  The Orissa government may refuse to renew Tata Steel's existing iron ore mining lease in the state if the company fails to initiate work on the proposed 6 million tonne steel plant in the state quickly.

Senior state government officials told FE that Orissa's patience was running out and the state had decided to act tough with the country's largest private sector steel company when its iron ore mining lease comes up for renewal next year. If there was any further delay, it may even decide against renewing the mining lease, they added.

 Ads By Google
China Economic Quarterly
Independent research on China's economy. Get 2 issues free.
www.theceq.com
IndianMatrimonials.com
Join Free. Free Photo Profile. Thousands of new members daily.
www.IndianMatrimonials.com
Indian Muslim Matrimonial
600000+ Members, 5000 new each day Register, Search & Contact Free Now
JeevanSathi.com
Hindu Matches
Find Millions of Single Matches Browse our Profiles Free!
True.com

Sources said Orissa's tough stand on Tata Steel was a result of the company's slow progress in its Orissa project.

While an MoU with the state to set up 6 mt greenfield integrated steel plant with an investment of Rs 15,400 crore was signed way back in 2004, work has still not begun.

Cancellation of mining rights in the state could create serious problems for Tata Steel's existing as well as proposed steel projects. Even at present, most of the iron ore requirement for running the company's steel plant in Jamshedpur comes from its mines in Orissa.

What has angered Orissa most is while Tata Steel is dilly dallying over the Orissa project, it is going all out to double the steel capacity at its Jamashedpur plant. Meanwhile, the company has signed an MoU with Jharkhand government for setting up another 12 mt green-field project.

Tata Steel managing director B Muthuraman met chief minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubneshwar on May 2 to clear the misgivings. Mr Muthuraman has assured the state that work on the project would begin shortly at the Kalinga Nagar site.

State government sources, however, said the company's assurances need to be watched. The government is looking at the option of cancelling the ore lease, in the event of the company failing again in fulfilling its promise.

--
Thanks
Manoj

saurav

May 8, 2006, 1:44:35 AM5/8/06
to OrissaTodayNetwork
Hi,

As it is known that Tata Steel managing director B Muthuraman met chief
minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubneshwar on May 2 we can hope that some
solution will come out. If nothing is coming out, then our Govt should
take hard decision to renew the contract for the betterment of our
state......

Regds,
saurav

Manoj Padhi

May 8, 2006, 2:08:42 AM5/8/06
to Oriss...@googlegroups.com, c...@ori.nic.in
I read a news at Odisha.com that TATA's bribing IAS by gifting some IAS officers by  PLASMA TVs. This is a bad tradition and we must inform CM that the TATAs didn't fulfil the commitment they had for a GOPALPUR steel plant 10 years back. The land is still lying with them.

Bt this kind of gifting tricks , they are appeasing the IAS and probably ministers (who knows) and no body raises questions. We want an explanation what is the status of Gopalpur steel plant ? Also if there are some reasons for the steel plant never came up, how come  government is  assuring the Russian company to give land at ramachandrapur. Why not the same land of TATAs be given to teh Russian company and let the Russian company buy the land form TATAs at the same price.

I am not sure whether we will get an answer or not. But this is not only my question, but everybody who displaced by TATAs also need an answer.