They call it accident and we say 4 andhra tourists murdered by Orissa Tourism department - How ?

1 view

Manoj Padhi

Aug 21, 2006, 1:02:12 PM8/21/06
to c...@ori.nic.in, orissa today
Respected Chief minister:

Sub: Suggestion to for a commitee for looking into saftey and security measures in major tourist places.

The greatest difference bentween a developing country (like India ) and a developed country ( like US ) is respect and value  of human lives.

Examples:

When Indo-Pak border tension was going on during Mr. Vajpayee's regime - US asked its citizens to evacuate India.

Recent tri-Series cricket match - South Africans pulled out from Sri-lanka because of player security where as India decided to play in order to avoid penalty.

Please send your tourism minister  and tourism secretary to USA and let them observe - how is the system works at USA. In almost all tourist places where bathing facility is present life guards are present and the safe bathing zone are demarked so that people will not go to danger areas beyond that point.

Around 15 years back I visited triveni sangam at Allhabad and there also safe bathing areas demarked although no life guard were present.

Why I am telling this. 4 tourists from Andhra Pradesh were murdered by Orissa tourism - it was not an accident as there were no life guards, no demarked safe area for taking bath, no warning signs of rising sea current - had it been some developed country - non would have been died.

The reason of writing this letter - To learn from mistakes and it is the duty of tourism department to provide life guard support in demarked bath zones and warn the tourists if the sea current is more at that particular place.

Again I am repeating - the 4 andhra tourists murdered by Orissa Tourism department

Whenever I was at school, I read "India is a developing country" and after 20 years also this generation studying the same. Now the choice is yours - if you run your government with only IAS/IPS without involving NRI - India is going to remain as a developing country for several more generations. I believe you will give proper weightage and form a commitee to look in to "what are the safty and security measures  to be provided at tourist places" in order to avoid any human casuality.

Gopalpur-on-sea is a famous tourist attraction and I know for sure no such facility is there.

Thanks
Manoj

--
Thanks