IVAW Bus Firebombed

James

Jan 12, 2008, 2:05:43 PM1/12/08
to Jim
author: Veterans For Peace

In an act of incredible criminal stupidity the Iraq Veterans Againt the War tour bus was totaled by fire, around 9:30 pm, Friday night, 1/11/08.
The Iraq Veterans Againt the War tour bus was totaled by fire, around 9:30 pm, Friday night, 1/11/08.

This bus, often mired in controversy since the IVAW "Dirty South" tour that left Philly in June, and had Active Duty BBQ's @ Ft Meade, Ft Jackson, Camp Lejeune, Ft Benning, and other Southern Military Posts ( Including an IVAW benefit by Tom Morello, of Rage Against the Machine, and AudioSlave, in Virginia ) as well as backdrop for many a Demonstration, and Ft Drum, NY, organizing parties, has finally died.

Owner~Operator~Driver ( and Veteran ) Jim Goodnow pulled into a South Jersey Truck Stop, to catch a 3 or 4 hour nap. Jim saw, in retrospect, some suspicious activity outside the bus, and about 20 minutes later, the entire engine compartment, and back of the bus was engulfed in flames.

Mr Goodnow speculates that the cause could have been anything from ARSON, to ATTEMPTED MURDER. He plans to notify the ATF Arson Squad on Saturday morning.

Is 'Funding' Really For Troops?
What Happened To Funding and Oversite For Military/Veteran Care In Previous Congresses?

Preda...@aol.com

Jan 12, 2008, 3:01:35 PM1/12/08
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com, jims...@gmail.com

http://portland.indymedia.org/media/images/2008/01/370930.jpg
[...]

Publicity stunt by radical America haters to their bring attention to their unpopular cause. Nobody knows who IVAW freaks are...or cares.

jimstaro

Jan 12, 2008, 4:39:31 PM1/12/08
to Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
'predder' You're So Easy!!!

Knew 'You' wouldn't pass this one by, like you did this one
http://groups.google.com/group/OpenDebateForum/browse_thread/thread/fe2cb704079b7cd8
and the many others concerning Veterans, Even As You Once Again 'Spit'
On Another Iraq/Afgan Veteran, of which Jim Is!!!!

On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, Predato...@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/12/2008 1:06:02 PM Central Standard Time,
>
> starj...@yahoo.com writes:
>
> author: Veterans For Peace
>
> _http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2008/01/370929.shtml_
> (http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2008/01/370929.shtml)
>
> In an act of incredible criminal stupidity the  Iraq Veterans Againt the War
> tour bus was totaled by fire, around 9:30  pm, Friday night, 1/11/08.
> (http://portland.indymedia.org/media/images/2008/01/370930.jpg)
> The Iraq Veterans Againt the War tour bus was totaled by fire,  around 9:30
> pm, Friday night, 1/11/08.
>
> This bus, often mired in  controversy since the IVAW "Dirty South" tour that
> left Philly in June,  and had Active Duty BBQ's @ Ft Meade, Ft Jackson, Camp
> Lejeune, Ft  Benning, and other Southern Military Posts ( Including an IVAW
> benefit  by Tom Morello, of Rage Against the Machine, and AudioSlave, in Virginia
>  ) as well as backdrop for many a Demonstration, and Ft Drum, NY,  organizing
> parties, has finally died.
>
> Owner~Operator~Driver (  and Veteran ) Jim Goodnow pulled into a South Jersey
> Truck Stop, to  catch a 3 or 4 hour nap. Jim saw, in retrospect, some
> suspicious  activity outside the bus, and about 20 minutes later, the entire engine
> compartment, and back of the bus was engulfed in flames.
>
> Mr  Goodnow speculates that the cause could have been anything from ARSON,
> to ATTEMPTED MURDER. He plans to notify the ATF Arson Squad on Saturday
> morning.
>
> Publicity stunt by radical America haters to their bring attention to their
> unpopular cause. Nobody knows who IVAW freaks are...or cares.
>
> **************Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.    http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Preda...@aol.com

Jan 12, 2008, 7:47:49 PM1/12/08
In a message dated 1/12/2008 3:39:44 PM Central Standard Time, star...@yahoo.com writes:
'predder' You're So Easy!!!

Knew 'You' wouldn't pass this one by, like you did this one
http://groups.google.com/group/OpenDebateForum/browse_thread/thread/fe2cb704079b7cd8
and the many others concerning Veterans, Even As You Once Again 'Spit'
On Another Iraq/Afgan Veteran, of which Jim Is!!!!
Doesn't matter who is a veteran, he and you are still kooks, supporting an unpopular cause. The vast majority want America safe.

ProudL...@aol.com

Jan 12, 2008, 7:50:30 PM1/12/08
In a message dated 1/12/2008 4:48:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Preda...@aol.com writes:
'predder' You're So Easy!!!

Knew 'You' wouldn't pass this one by, like you did this one
http://groups.google.com/group/OpenDebateForum/browse_thread/thread/fe2cb704079b7cd8
and the many others concerning Veterans, Even As You Once Again 'Spit'
On Another Iraq/Afgan Veteran, of which Jim Is!!!!
Doesn't matter who is a veteran, he and you are still kooks, supporting an unpopular cause. The vast majority want America safe.

"Place me not with those who are weak of mind and willingly give up the rights of others, for these poor ignorant souls know not that the rights they give up are their own!" -- Warren Friton

sooz...@aol.com

Jan 12, 2008, 10:41:37 PM1/12/08
to OpenDeb...@googlegroups.com
Publicity stunt by radical America haters to their bring attention to their unpopular cause. I don't know who IVAW freaks are...& I don't care.

jimstaro

Jan 13, 2008, 7:19:20 AM1/13/08
to Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
" vast majority want America safe.'

So when are You Leaving?????

On Jan 12, 7:47 pm, Predato...@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/12/2008 3:39:44 PM Central Standard Time,
>
> starj...@yahoo.com writes:
>
> 'predder' You're So Easy!!!
>
> Knew 'You' wouldn't pass this one  by, like you did this  onehttp://groups.google.com/group/OpenDebateForum/browse_thread/thread/f...
> 9b7cd8
> and  the many others concerning Veterans, Even As You Once Again 'Spit'
> On  Another Iraq/Afgan Veteran, of which Jim Is!!!!
>
> Doesn't matter who is a veteran, he and you are still kooks, supporting an
> unpopular cause. The vast majority want America safe.
>
> **************Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.    http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Lobo

Jan 15, 2008, 9:06:01 AM1/15/08
to Open Debate Political Forum IMHO
PREDATOR

<<Publicity stunt by radical America haters to their bring attention
to their
unpopular cause.>>

Of course, if it wasn't (and I must have somehow missed your evidence
that it was a "publicity stunt"), then it was an act of blatant
TERRORISM, Al Quaeda-style, by radical rightwing TRUE "America-
haters".

<<Doesn't matter who is a veteran,>>

No, not to rightwing Chicken-Hawk troop-haters

<<he and you are still kooks, supporting an
unpopular cause.>>

Actually, the "vast majority"--about 70% of Americans--SUPPORT this
"unpopular cause".

<< The vast majority want America safe.>>>>

From terrorists, you mean? Like people who firebomb vehicles carrying
people whose ideas they disapprove of?

I'm beginning to wonder if YOU aren't some sort of American
Taliban/"Enemy Combatant", Predator!