How to convert a packet field type from integer to "Packet" type in OPNET Modeler

Ghizlane

Mar 31, 2009, 7:17:13 AM3/31/09
to OPNET
Hello,

In a UMTS network simulation, I am using a new format of a MAC packet
(composed with "mac_header" and "mac_sdu" field). The difference
between the Modeler MAC packet format and the new one is that the old
"mac_sdu" field is "Packet" type, and the new one is "integer".

The receiver of the packet need to convert the content of the
"mac_sdu" field form "integer" to "Packet" type to be able to send it
to the upper layers.

How can I do this? is there any Kernel Procedure who can convert a
field content from integer type to "Packet" type?

I can not go further on my project if this problem is not solved.
I thank you in advance for your time and your help.

Ghizlane

ali

Apr 1, 2009, 9:02:16 AM4/1/09
to OPNET
There's no Opnet KP which can do the conversion directly. But that
doesn't mean you can't do it. Please refer to "Packet" package in the
documentation.

--Ali

Ghizlane

Apr 4, 2009, 6:45:29 AM4/4/09
to OPNET
Thanks for your reply.

I am working with the "Packet" package. I have worked with the KP
"op_pk_transfer() but didn't give me the needed result. Furthermore, I
have tried to work with the KP which use the value vectors, and didn't
found any procedure that can do the conversion from an integer value
to "Packet" type.
If you know how to do this, can you please help me to solve my
problem?

Thanks in advance
Ghizlane

On Apr 1, 1:02 pm, ali <alihassa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no Opnet KP which can do the conversion directly. But that
> doesn't mean you can't do it.  Please refer to "Packet" package in the
> documentation.
>
> --Ali

jyoti

Apr 12, 2009, 4:37:56 AM4/12/09
to OPNET
From where I can download OPNET Modeler.
| want to use it for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks.
Thnx

Tulgabat Myagmarjav

Apr 13, 2009, 7:19:59 PM4/13/09
to OP...@googlegroups.com