NZ National Commission for UNESCO supports OER mOOCs for capability development

Wayne Mackintosh

Dec 15, 2014, 6:54:16 PM12/15/14
to oe...@googlegroups.com, OERu planning
The New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO has called on the OER Foundation to use their tested micro Open Online Course (mOOC) model to build capability in OER and open educational practices.

Elizabeth Rose, Secretary General of the Commission says:

"The OER Foundation project is well aligned with the strategic priority of the National Commission to contribute to quality life-long education for all in the area of technological change. Developing these courses as OER also promotes UNESCO’s global strategic priority of facilitating universal access to information and knowledge for educators worldwide."   Read more ...

A key challenge for the OERu collaboration is finding solutions to maximise the reuse of OER learning pathways across a variety of delivery platforms while harnessing the power of PLEs and distributed interactions.

Building on our experiences in using PLEs for the Open Content Licensing for Educators course, we look forward to experimenting with the integration of materials developed in WikiEducator using two popular open source platforms including Open edX and WordPress.  We will also configure a version for delivery using Otago Polytechnic's learning management system (Moodle).

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation