Re: Welcome!

Message has been deleted

Pearl

Dec 15, 2004, 12:07:33 AM12/15/04
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Greg,
Great to see there is now somewhere to vent concerns and gain more
knowledge.
My latest concern was re distinguishing between New code practitioners
who have a graduate certificate and those who have as little as one
week training.
How can the public be protected from these so called Practitioners and
NLP withold a respected name in our community.

Greg Alexander

Dec 15, 2004, 5:54:34 PM12/15/04
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
Pearl wrote:
> Dear Greg,
> Great to see there is now somewhere to vent concerns and
> gain more knowledge.

Hi Pearl,
Welcome to the group. It's only just starting and I hope this group
will do just that!

> My latest concern was re distinguishing between New code
> practitioners who have a graduate certificate and those
> who have as little as one week training.

I'm aware of Inspiritive's grad cert (I'm upgrading to it at the moment
- I've not heard of others have you?). I'm not aware of any New Code
trainings taking only a week (well, not any which claim to teach
practitioner level in so short a time).

Other NLP training is another matter entirely!

> How can the public be protected from these so called Practitioners
> and NLP withold a respected name in our community.

I wish I knew. Particularly recently, I've seen a lot of stuff in the
NLP community that I don't want to associate myself with, yet doing my
training in New Code NLP is one of the best choices I've made (and why
I started this group!).

At the moment I'm considering actually giving a "history of NLP" on my
handouts, something which explicitly states that NLP has had many
offshoots, that the quality of NLP trainings and practitioners ranges
from excellent to awful, and spells out what to look for if you want
good NLP work or training. I figure there are many people who see a
handout, ask a friend who may have had a good or bad experience, and go
from there. Emphasising quality and New Code at the least gives them
something more to consider before they decide.

What have you (or others) considered?

This is a discussion group for everyone - so ask the group (not me) to
get the group's expertise (I'm sure others will jump in anyway where
relevant!)

Greg