14 arrested - 9 of them CWers Follow Up: 2 Flickr slide shows, short video clips and links to news coverage of Aug 16th Protest at the New KC N-Plant

1 view

Frank Cordaro

Aug 20, 2010, 11:59:29 AM8/20/10
to National CW E-mail List, Google Iowa Peace List E-mail, Google Offutt List
weapons facility" NCR - 14 arrested - 9 of them Catholic Workers!!!!
http://groups.google.com/group/National-CW-E-mail-List/browse_thread/thread/52ce54b3c86faaab

--------

"It's an honor to be here and get busted! We risk arrest to awaken
people from a kind of psychic numbing about the plant. We stand for an
alternative to the war economy; we try to temper the U.S. death wish
as an empire. Catholic Workers see people hungry; we feed them. We see
violence perpetrated by governments; we resist. It's just that simple.
It is not an accident that nine of the fourteen arrested come from
Midwest Catholic Worker communities. The Catholic Worker movement is a
radical lay movement in the USA Catholic Church. Pacifist and
nonviolent peace activist, we are best known for our houses of
hospitality were we do the Works of Mercy; feeding the hungry,
clothing the naked, sheltering the homeless and give drink to the
thirsty. We live and work daily with the poor who suffer directly from
the miss use of our national resources, directed towards making
nuclear bombs, keeping the rich rich and the poor poor. We know first
hand, that even if these god awful bombs are never used, they kill the
poor daily by denying them the resources needed to meet their most
basic needs." Frank Cordaro of the Phil Berrigan CW House in DM IA
An excerpt from "The Fire of Resistance VS Nuclear Weapons" by Eileen Fleming
http://wearewideawake.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1812&Itemid=236

----------

Two Flickr Slide Show by Frank Cordaro - Phil Berrigan CW DM Iowa

Aug 14-15, 2010 Pre-Action Conference - visits to old N-Plant and site
of new N-Plant
http://www.flickr.com/photos/frank_cordaro_and_the_dm_catholic_worker/sets/72157624762474204/

Aug 16, 2010 Direct Action at site of new KC Nuclear Weapons Plant Site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/frank_cordaro_and_the_dm_catholic_worker/sets/72157624760833630/

-----------------

Link to statement for Aug 16 Witness at new KC Nuke Plant
http://groups.google.com/group/kcnukewatch/web/statement-of-resistance-to-nuclear-weapons

------------------

Two short Facebook Videos Posted by Tom Klammer <tellsome...@yahoo.com>

Aug 16, 2010 protest at site of new Kansas City WMD plant - 1 min. 45 sec
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1355941423271&ref=mf

Interview with Nukewatch New Mexico director Jay Coghlan - 50 sec
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1355685416871&ref=mf

---------

Photos by Eric Bower of witness:
http://blog.ericbowersphoto.com/2010/08/kansas-city-nuclear-plant-protest/

Photos from the KC Star news paper
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/16/2154151/police-arrest-14-at-honeywell.html

-----------

News Coverage of August 16th Protest at the New Kansas City Plant
August 17, 2010
http://kcnukeswatch.wordpress.com/

------------

Steve Clemen's - one of the 14 folks arrested from Mpls MN - account
of Monday in KC, MO
http://mennonista.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-doesnt-matter-if-you-should-jail-us.html

--------------

Attached photo of 14 Co-defendants: Names, e-mail addresses and home
towns listed below:

(LtoR) Front Row:
Ed Bloomer c/o <frank....@gmail.com> DMCW IA,
Rachael Hoffman <racha...@gmail.com> Holy Family CW KC MO,
Felice Cohen-Joppa <nukere...@igc.org> Nulcear Resister - Tucson AZ,
Donna Constantinean <donnach...@sbcglobal.net > KC MO,
Steve Clemens <stevec...@msn.com> Minneapolis MN

Back Row:
Steve Jacobs <sfhc...@aol.com> Columbia MO CW,
Fr Jerry Zawada ofm <jerry...@gmail.com> Tucson AZ,
Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com> holding banner DMCW IA,
Gina Cook <gina...@gmail.com> Holy Family CW KC MO,
Robby Jones <rmj...@truman.edu> Columbia MO CW,
Brian Terrell <Terre...@yahoo.com> Maloy IA CW,
Eric Garbison <jegar...@yahoo.com> Cherith Brook CW KC MO,
Josh Armfield <popfore...@yahoo.com> Cherith Brook CW KC MO,
Beth Seberger <seberg...@juno.com> KC KS,

14 Co-defendants - photo by Allison McGillivray.jpg