Problem with Ahead of Time Compilation on Windows because of 'as'

Seen "The Bean"

Feb 9, 2008, 7:13:08 PM2/9/08
to MonoDeveloper
Hello,

I cannot successfully run mono --aot on any assembly because it gets
erroring out due to its inability to find the native assembler, as.
Here's an example from my x86 Windows XP box using Mono 1.2.6. I get
the same thing on my x64 box.

mono --aot -O=all ChangelistApprovalTrigger.exe

Mono Ahead of Time compiler - compiling assembly C:\p4dev\Triggers
\ChangelistApp
rovalTrigger.exe
Code: 1670 Info: 107 Ex Info: 34 Class Info: 30 PLT: 42 GOT Info: 30
GOT Info Of
fsets: 36 GOT: 116
Executing the native assembler: as c:\temp\mono_aot_YAG45T -o c:\temp
\mono_aot_
YAG45T.o
'as' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Compiled 4 out of 4 methods (100%)
0 methods are generic (0%)
0 methods contain absolute addresses (0%)
0 methods contain wrapper references (0%)
0 methods contain lmf pointers (0%)
0 methods have other problems (0%)
Methods without GOT slots: 1 (25%)
Direct calls: 0 (0%)