ClickOnce in mono?

shifty

Nov 23, 2006, 1:50:01 PM11/23/06
to MonoDeveloper
I'm working at a company that is very against IIS. Does anybody know
if it's possible to use ClickOnce with mono?

Thanks,

Bryan

Timothy Parez

Nov 24, 2006, 3:42:56 AM11/24/06
to MonoDe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The question you should be asking is wether or not
you can host ClickOnce applications with servers other than IIS.
Suchs as XSP or Apache.

The simple answer is yes. You can use almost any medium as an
installation source for ClickOnce.
It does not require the .NET runtime to be present on the server, all it
needs to do is provide the files.

But answers are never simple so here goes :-)

Assuming you'll be using Apache or mod_apache, you'll have to add
the following options to the website configuration:

AddType application/x-ms-application application
AddType application/x-ms-application manifest
AddType application/octet-stream deploy

Otherwise the files of your ClickOnce deployment will simply be
opened by the web browser and displayed as XML.

The other problem you will encounter is that it doesn't work very well
with browsers
other than Internet Explorer.

Hope this gets you started,
let u know what you come up with.

Timothy.

--
Timothy Parez
http://www.blicbox.be - Belgium Linux Community Box

Timothy Parez

Nov 28, 2006, 6:56:21 AM11/28/06
to MonoDe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently release v2.0.0.60924 (beta)
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=174313&package_id=199885&release_id=450294>
of my Tetris clone, Netris.
I uses SDL.NET and should be able to run on Linux.

I've been able to compile it on Linux, but
I've not been successful in running it.

It has something to do with the dll mappings for SDL.NET
If someone has the time to do so, try if you can get it working
and let me know :)

Thnx.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/netris