using large weekly planner

tanya

May 20, 2007, 11:05:06 AM5/20/07
to Moleskinerie
I'm trying to revisit my organizing system, and the main thing I can't
decide on is how to use a weekly planner. I'm also using a small
reporter for miscellaneous to-do's, and have been using the weekly
planner for time-specific activities and weekly lists of things to do.
Weekly to-do's don't seem to work well... I'm wondering if anyone
could share how you are using your weekly planners?

ikd

May 21, 2007, 4:22:48 AM5/21/07
to Moleskinerie
Actually, my question is how do you manage to have so many planners? I
mean, do you have time to juggle all these inboxes (as per the gtd
system)? How many do you carry around with you?

I.

tanya

May 21, 2007, 6:54:19 AM5/21/07
to Moleskinerie
Two. The perfect situation is one, but my lists don't fit into the
weekly. I'm trying to solve the problem whether the weekly planner can
be used productively at all - with more than only several things to do
each day...

Emily Akin

May 21, 2007, 7:47:31 AM5/21/07
to Molesk...@googlegroups.com
I put my appointments and scheduled events on the calendar. If I don't have room for my to do list, I used post-it notes for the list. When it's all done, I trash the post-it.

On time and on target
www.writingontarget.com

Splicer

May 22, 2007, 8:49:10 PM5/22/07
to Moleskinerie
I've been mulling that one in my head too. I like this new format, the
week all on one page with an opposing page for notes or lists not
broken down by day. Covey's 7 Habits stresses making weekly task
lists, but I think I'd feel more comfortable with a page for each
day's tasklist. The old style with a two-page spread for each week and
no room for tasklists is incomprehensible to me.

I was looking at the "one page per day" small planner and wished that
they made one like that with one calendar and one tasklist per day: a
two-page spread for each day. I don't know. Maybe one spread per week
is good enough, or maybe a full page per day, even in the small size,
is enough for both a tasklist and any appointments.

Sadly, it's almost June. I like the idea of an eighteen-month book
starting in July much better than buying a book that I could only use
half of, but maybe that's just how it is.

Steve

phuile

May 23, 2007, 4:34:59 AM5/23/07
to Moleskinerie
I once used Outlook for tracking everything. I can print out a daily
view from the Calendar and choose the format that provides a note
area. I get one page per day, plus a note area down the right hand
side for a daily to-d list. However, I really don't want seperate
pages and a binder is too big to be carrying around. Now, I use the
calendar + note Moleskine for daily stuff and keep a separate to-do
list using Tasks in Outlook.

Evan Edwards

May 23, 2007, 9:13:47 AM5/23/07
to Molesk...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Splicer wrote:
> Sadly, it's almost June. I like the idea of an eighteen-month book
> starting in July much better than buying a book that I could only use
> half of, but maybe that's just how it is.

Is there not a July 2007 - Dec 2008 18 month planner? I was about to
start looking and consider the concept of a six month overlap on my current
planner J06-D07. I'm not terribly upset if there isn't, but the 18 month
planner "feels" right in terms of weight and thickness. It will be odd to
step over to a 12 month.

--
Evan "JabberWokky" Edwards
http://www.cheshirehall.org/

XO

May 23, 2007, 10:14:44 AM5/23/07
to Molesk...@googlegroups.com
Moleskine has a July 2007 - Dec 2008 planner in large and small

phuile

Jun 28, 2007, 12:43:00 AM6/28/07
to Moleskinerie
I have been using one for the past 12 months. It's great! I like the
note page opposit each weekly page.