This just in: Moleskine Company Up for Sale

Armand

Apr 19, 2006, 9:52:21 PM4/19/06
to Moleskinerie
More on Moleskinerie

< http://www.moleskinerie.com/2006/04/moleskine_compn.html >

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Evan Edwards

Apr 19, 2006, 11:08:20 PM4/19/06
to Molesk...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 9:52, Armand wrote:
> < http://www.moleskinerie.com/2006/04/moleskine_compn.html >
>
> Discuss amongst yourselves.

    For sale or going public (i.e., selling shares to grow)?

    Going public is *technically* selling the company, but it very different
in how things are handled.  Are we sure this isn't a translation error of a
common business practice?

    I've been with a company that was "sold" through KPMG myself, and it that
case it was simply going public with shares.  In that case, we were a 15
employee company that grew quickly after that.  Pretty standard in the
business world, and it doesn't mean any difference in how the product is
presented to the end consumer.

--
Evan "JabberWokky" Edwards
http://www.cheshirehall.org/

molesk...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2006, 5:18:01 PM4/20/06
to Moleskinerie
We just received this statement from Milan:

An Official Statement to the Moleskine Community from Modo & Modo

MOLESKINE LOOKS TO THE FUTURE

distributors, Moleskine is committed to strengthening its brand and
broadening its horizons.

Moleskine is currently involved in the design and development of new
products; as one example, from Autumn 2006 Moleskine will launch its
new "City Notebooks, the first guidebook you write by yourself" !

Moleskine is also investing in its network of distributors and
retailers with in and off-line communication initiatives and in other
activities designed to further strengthen the Moleskine brand.

Moleskine belongs to all - to its Publisher but equally, and more
importantly, to the community of Moleskine users and supporters.The
Publisher is fully aware that Moleskine has grown thanks to the support
of many people and is fully conscious of the need to respect the love
so many have shown to Moleskine. As a company, we want to create new
products and to encourage new adventures.

To realize these ambitious projects, Moleskine needs the additional
energy and skills that new partners can bring. We are looking for
partners of the highest quality,which will be selected for the ability
to continue the story we have written together so far. In all this, the
continuing success of Moleskine is our number one priority.

We will keep you informed of the progress we are making to build a
better Moleskine world for all of us.

The Publisher Modo&Modo

Mario Baruzzi and Francesco Franceschi
Milano, Italy