Blackberry 7730 jvm error 544

JasonM

May 3, 2005, 1:05:29 AM5/3/05
to Mobil...@googlegroups.com
I just spent hours between T-mobile, their PDA department and RIM
trying to figure this jvm error 544 out on my Blackberry 7730. I
finlly got someone from RIM who had me running within minutes. Here's
what happened and the fix.

I am using a laptop running Windows XP Pro Sp 2. The power to the
device apparantly got turned off when loading applications because of
the USB Root Hub settings, and it created some problems.

THE FIX: Open Windows Device Manager; Expand Universal Serial Bus
Controllers; double click the first USB Root Hub; Go to the Power
Management tab (not the power tab); Uncheck the box that says "Allow
the computer to turn off this device to save power"; Click OK; Repeat
this action for every occurrance of USB Root Hub in the device manager;
OK you're way out of computer properties; If the Blackberry desktop
manager is open, close it; Remove the Blackberry from the cradle; Run
the Desktop Manager; Run the application loader; Insert the
Blackberry in the cradle; click Next; When you get to the screen with
the advanced button, click it; Check the box to erase all
applications; proceed like normal; This takes a little longer than the
typical application loader process.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.