Captcha Identification in QTP

talekar...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2007, 5:18:46 AM11/6/07
to QTP - Mercury Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
I would like to know how is 'Captcha' identified in QTP.
Captcha is the one used for Security purpose.
How can QTP identify the object as 'Captcha' changes at runtime.

anurag bisht

Nov 6, 2007, 5:39:40 AM11/6/07
to Mercu...@googlegroups.com
No way..
--
Thanks,
Anurag.

Dmitry Motevich

Nov 6, 2007, 5:59:24 AM11/6/07
to Mercu...@googlegroups.com
I think, I can propose one solution...

Let assume, that you want to perform CAPTCHA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha) on google site, to create account and send spam messages... For that, you have to read a text from image and submit it to registration form.

I can propose I way how to read this text automatically...

You have to use text capturing software.
For example, I like FineReader.

Unfortunately, artificial intelligence of such software is not ideal...
That's why this way does not work in 100% cases... But there are no any problems! Even if your software can capture 1% of text from yahoo's image correctly - you can run your QTP script 100 times and you will create one account :))

That's easy :)

So, I don't see any difficulties for you to start spamming :)
--
Dmitry Motevich,
http://motevich.blogspot.com