Mainecare through IC?

Audet, Norma-Jean

Sep 23, 2015, 3:29:47 PM9/23/15
to maineicu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This note came through from our Special Services Secretary.  Are others using IC, GemCare or other products for Mainecare billing? Will Mainecare accept reports from Infinite Campus?

Norma-Jean

It would be nice to bill for Mainecare through Infinite campus since that is where all our information is.

At the beginning of the school year I manually enter each new student into GemCare.  All their demographic information, disability, and service provider, etc.
There is a tab in IC for Medicaid but not sure if it works or if other school use it or if the State just does not have it worked out yet.
Something to think about.

--
Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director

Sam Iggulden

Sep 24, 2015, 2:27:24 PM9/24/15
to MaineICUsersGroup, maineicu...@googlegroups.com
I guess we use HealthPAS, which may be similar to GemCare.

To my knowledge IC does not have a medicare billing system.  Seems like a decent idea (because that is where most of our Mainecare data comes from) - maybe that would worth making an enhancement request?

Audet, Norma-Jean

Oct 1, 2015, 5:55:18 PM10/1/15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Sam, it would be worth an enhancement request. I did submit a ticket.  Below is the response:

Thank you for submitting your case to Campus Support. I don't think that there is a way to directly bill Mainecare through Infinite Campus but setting up a custom data extract may be able to facilitate this functionality. Here is a link to Community about the Data Extract Utility: https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Data+Extract+Utility+-+Custom+Development

Sam Iggulden

Oct 2, 2015, 1:07:53 PM10/2/15
to MaineICUsersGroup
A custom export would be a nice idea - but according to our Medicaid billing person - there is not an upload feature on the HealthPAS site, and she believed that was by design (to reduce billing fraud perhaps?)  But she wasn't really sure and I did not verify if this was true or not... perhaps GemCare does have an import feature?  If so - then a custom export from IC would be a good way to do it.