Time Machine

瀏覽次數:146 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

ingenious

未讀,
2007年10月27日 下午6:05:452007/10/27
收件者:MacFusion-devel
Is there any way to use an FTP server connected with MacFUSE with Time
Machine?

Graham Perrin

未讀,
2007年10月28日 清晨5:23:092007/10/28
收件者:MacFusi...@googlegroups.com
On 27 Oct 2007, at 23:05, ingenious wrote:

> Is there any way to use an FTP server connected with MacFUSE with
> Time Machine?

Somewhere yesterday, I read a tip along these lines ...

* if the volume that you wish to use as a destination for Time
Machine is in a format that's unsupported by the application

* then create a disk image on the destination volume

* disk image formatted to suit Time Machine

* mount the image

* back up to the image.

====================
Proceed with caution
====================

However: I once experimentally opened a disk image on a CurlFtpFS
volume mounted using MacFusion, _expecting_ weirdness of some sort at
some point, and sure enough:

>> After the image mounts, an attempt to open the application on the
>> disk image seems to result in unexpected network traffic.
>> Ultimately, the process (in this example, firefox-bin) that I'm
>> attempting to run from the disk image stops responding.

http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/issues/detail?id=209 for that
discussion.

YMMV

Regards
Graham

ingenious

未讀,
2007年10月28日 下午5:15:172007/10/28
收件者:MacFusion-devel
Okay, so I created a sparse disk image and formatted it as Mac OS
Extended (Journaled, Case-sensitive) and stuck it on my external HD.
I mounted it, but it still didn't show up as a viable drive in Time
Machine...

Ideas?

> http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/issues/detail?id=209for that
> discussion.
>
> YMMV
>
> Regards
> Graham

Graham Perrin

未讀,
2007年10月29日 凌晨1:29:072007/10/29
On 28 Oct 2007, at 21:15, ingenious wrote:

> Ideas?

Time Machine forum <http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?
forumID=1227> seems most relevant,

Discussions such as
<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5653489>
<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5663694>
<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5652589>

Good luck
Graham

ingenious

未讀,
2007年10月29日 上午8:26:222007/10/29
收件者:MacFusion-devel
Thanks, I'll check them out.

IngmarStein

未讀,
2007年11月19日 上午8:15:542007/11/19
收件者:MacFusion-devel
Has anyone been successful in backing up to an sshfs share? After
setting the appropriate variable in com.apple.TimeMachine.plist, Time
Machine lets me choose the sshfs volume in the popup dialog but
refuses my selection.

Petri Sirkkala

未讀,
2007年12月3日 下午1:01:122007/12/3
收件者:MacFusi...@googlegroups.com
You should realize that Time Machine requires a filesystem that
supports hard links to directories, or you will end up using space
like crazy on the destination volume.

-Pete

2007/11/19, IngmarStein <Ingma...@gmail.com>:

--
Petri Sirkkala, sirpete(ät)iki.fi, Skype: sirpete
+358 400 98 2998 // ...likes Gmail... //

--
Petri Sirkkala, sirpete(ät)iki.fi, Skype: sirpete
+358 400 98 2998 // ...likes Gmail... //

Peter Loron

未讀,
2007年12月3日 下午2:13:032007/12/3
收件者:MacFusi...@googlegroups.com
As far as I am aware, the release version of TimeMachine requires you to have a locally attached disk to use. It won't work with remote volumes or disk images.

-Pete
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄