New hardware pops up

Ray Benton

Nov 22, 2009, 9:48:35 PM11/22/09
to mobokits
Hi Mike, Loftur,Chuck and all,
My vast knowledge of software (which is 0-1) leads me to ask this question.
Here's whats I've done and whats happening;
1- I have used flip and loaded the simple .HEX file .. green lite is blinking .. this good!
2- Took a brake for several hours .. plugged usb in again .. to recheck green blinky lite (Love it)
3- Hooked up the Led
4 loaded the .HEX file for it.
5 LED came to life. ( I have the mobo on the RxTx6.3 but the 6.3 is not powered up .. I have not built the POSWR .. and No mini filters

Here is my question .. Why does the computer keep coming up  with the "new hardware found screen" each time I plug in the USB. I must be missing something related to the loading of the software.

Thanks for increasing my software knowledge .. Ray WtRJC

Chuck Nolin

Nov 22, 2009, 11:44:59 PM11/22/09
to mobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,

I wrote to you direct. Did you do the USB install in Flip?

Chuck Nolin
WA6LTV/4

Ray Benton

Nov 22, 2009, 11:52:43 PM11/22/09
to mobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chuck
I used flip to install the .hex file
Ray W7RJC

Alex Lee

Nov 23, 2009, 12:16:30 AM11/23/09
to MOBOKITS
Hi Ray,

After you have installed the .hex file from Loftur, the Mobo will now
run as a DG8SAQ device, which need you to install a driver (you need
to do it once only - once the driver has been installed, it will work
subsequently unless you plug the Mobo into a different USB port, when
you may be asked the same "New Hardware Found" question again.) The
driver to install can be downloaded from Fred's website.

The same driver is used for Tony's USB-I2C interface (with Fred's
firmware) and my UBW Emulator firmware (for Mobo v3.6). So for those
builders who have installed the driver previously to support these USB
interfaces there is no need to install the driver again.

Read more about this driver (and other very useful information) in
G8VOI's writeup:

http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/g8voi/

73's

Alex

On Nov 23, 12:52 pm, Ray Benton <rayw7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chuck
> I used flip to install the .hex file
> Ray W7RJC
>
> On 11/22/09, Chuck Nolin <wa6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Ray,
>
> > I wrote to you direct. Did you do the USB install in Flip?
>
> > Chuck Nolin
> > WA6LTV/4

Alex Lee

Nov 23, 2009, 12:26:17 AM11/23/09
to MOBOKITS
Hi all,

This is extracted from Fred's Website:

Installing the PC driver software.

For installing the device you will need the USB PC driver software.
First extract the .zip file to a temporary directory (on the Desktop),
plug in the device and it will show "Found new hardware DG8SAQ-I2C".
Direct the wizard to the place where the software was stored and the
software will be installed

The USB PC driver software:

http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/PE0FKO-USB-Driver-0.1.12.2.zip

73's

Alex

Chuck Nolin

Nov 23, 2009, 12:35:03 AM11/23/09
to mobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,
All you need is just the Hex file only. In flex is a USB driver. Look
in the help file
and you will see the USB driver. You must install that. Then it will
recognize the
USB device.
You don't need any other Hex files just the ones that you select your type of
hardware from. Rorary encoder, display etc....

Chuck Nolin
WA6LTV/4

Ray Benton

Nov 23, 2009, 9:29:44 AM11/23/09
to mobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex
Thank you very much for this explination. I will do as you say.
IIn the past I have always used the HSUSB and am not used to this procedure.. Thanks Ray W7RJC

Dohn

Nov 27, 2009, 10:45:03 AM11/27/09
to MOBOKITS
When you say "flex", what do you mean?

Dohn

On Nov 23, 12:35 am, Chuck Nolin <wa6...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ray,
> All you need is just the Hex file only. In flex is a USB driver. Look
> in the help file
> and you will see the USB driver. You must install that. Then it will
> recognize the
> USB device.
> You don't need any other Hex files just the ones that you select your type of
> hardware from. Rorary encoder, display etc....
>
> Chuck Nolin
> WA6LTV/4
>

> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Ray Benton <rayw7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Chuck
> > I used flip to install the .hex file
> > Ray W7RJC
>
> > On 11/22/09, Chuck Nolin <wa6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Ray,
>
> >> I wrote to you direct. Did you do the USB install in Flip?
>
> >> Chuck Nolin
> >> WA6LTV/4

Chuck Nolin

Nov 28, 2009, 1:55:58 AM11/28/09
to mobo...@googlegroups.com
HI Dohn,
I have to apologize as I was talking direct to someone off the list
when I wrote that mail. I
was in a hurry getting ready to go out of town and in writing direct,
off the list
I sent to the list by mistake.
He didn't have the FLIP USB driver installed yet and was telling him
what I had to do to get
mine running.
I rally messed this one up. Sorry. It looked very sloppy after reading it later.

Sorry again,
Chuck Nolin
WA6LTV/4

Dohn

Nov 28, 2009, 5:45:13 AM11/28/09
to MOBOKITS
Chuck,
It shot right over my head. <grin> You've been a lot of help since
things have really gotten going here. Don't give it a second
thought. Thanks for all you've done though.

regards,
Dohn