RE: [BULK] {LibGaming} Legalities of using Nintendo images for library gaming poster?

Eli Neiburger

Nov 15, 2007, 12:50:05 PM11/15/07
to LibG...@googlegroups.com
You are in the clear. I was told by GolinHarris, Nintendo's Marketing Firm, that using their Intellectual Property in promotional materials for a free library event is allowed and legal. You are promoting their products. They love that. =)

There is no legal issue here. This is allowed, and even encouraged, by the rightsholders. Let me know if you have any other questions about this!

-eli

Nov 15, 2007, 1:44:06 PM11/15/07
to LibG...@googlegroups.com
Here's a related question -

How about Perfomance Rights and games like Guitar Hero and DDR? Are
they considered Public Performances of the music? Has anyone looked
into this?

Scott

--

Reply to sc...@scottnicholson.com
http://www.scottnicholson.com

Lauren Knowlton

Nov 15, 2007, 1:57:32 PM11/15/07
to LibG...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I highly doubt it. There are so many libraries that have DDR events. I would be very surprised if they have to pay each time...

By the way, this is my first "post/response". Do you all usually introduce yourselves?

-Lauren
--
         Lauren Knowlton
      Circulation Assistant

      lauren....@gmail.com
            (706) 542-1923

The art of being wise is the art of knowing
               what to overlook.
                              — William James