Video Game Teen Librarian job opening

1 view

Megan Johnson

Dec 11, 2007, 3:17:27 PM12/11/07
to LibG...@googlegroups.com

Hello all!

I am vacating my wonderful job and moving to Illinois. I wanted to let you all know that they are posting my position and will be interviewing in January for it. You can see the posting here:

http://www.rhpl.org/JobAnnouncementTeen2007pdf.pdf

This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in working with teens and video games. My library has a very generous budget for the video game collection. We have more than 1,800 video games currently and we collect for just about every system. The teens who attend the gaming programs are very enthusiastic and they have a great time. I would never have left except my husband was offered a great job at UIUC.

The Rochester area is a very nice community to live in, though it is pricey (full disclosure here). Rochester Hills Public Library is a newer building, and they are looking to expand in the near future.  If you have any questions about the job please let me know.

Megan Johnson

Teen Services Librarian

Rochester Hills Public Library

500 Olde Towne Road