Loadrunner and RTMP - loadtesting Flash Media Server

krusty

Mar 31, 2010, 7:31:29 AM3/31/10
to LoadRunner
Hi!

I was looking for some tips on how to do load testing of Flash Media
Server based application.

Is there a way to do that with current Loadrunner tool (I use 9.1)? If
yes then what protocols should be selected to record specific RTMP-
calls?
I've tried selecting HTTP, Windows Sockets, AMF but had no success
with that.

If LoadRunner is not the appropriate tool for FMS load testing then
maybe you can give an advice on the one that will be right?

Thanks!

V.M.GURU PRASATH

Mar 31, 2010, 1:32:48 PM3/31/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You can try with LR 9.5 (flex protocol)

Thanks and Regards,

V.M.Guruprasath

Krishnakanth PPS

Mar 31, 2010, 1:35:15 PM3/31/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
The current version is 9.52, and since you are using 9.1, as far as I can remember it does not support flex.

Upgrade to 9.5 and you can use flex protocol for flash based apps.

James Pulley

Mar 31, 2010, 1:37:49 PM3/31/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Multicast or Unicast on your streams? Private or public network? As this
is streaming I am assuming you are looking for a measure of quality, dropped
frames, etc.. rather than response time, correct? Is the focus the network
or the server?

Hi!

Thanks!

Rupesh Garg

Mar 31, 2010, 1:38:31 PM3/31/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

I think there comes a patch with the 9.1 version., with that you should be able to record it

Rupesh Garg, PMP | Associate Technical Services Manager | AppLabs
Mobile: +91 9160002744 /
rupes...@applabs.com|