firmware update problem solution

oswa...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2006, 3:23:55 PM7/12/06
to ILO MP3
I have found the instructions on http://uiss.kparadise.info/id2.htm but
I could not have acces today. it is on my bookmark as "Unofficial iLO
MP3 Player Support Site - The only technical support site completly
dedicated to the iLO MP3 player on the web!"
Fortunately I have saved the instructions:

Remove the battery. While this isn't necessary to get the player into
recovery mode, it insures the unit will not power on before the cable
is inserted.

On the iLO, hold the "Power" button down while inserting the USB cable.
Continue holding the power button down for 5 seconds more after the
cable is inserted. The backlight on the iLO will remain off during this
time, making the screen appear to be blank.

An hourglass should appear on you computer and Windows should say,

"Found new Hardware 'SMTP3500".

Launch the Rave-MP firmware update program (Start>Programs>Rave-MP>
Firmware)

Click "Get Firmware".
Select "iLO256" and let it download new firmware.
Click "OK" when prompted.
Click "Update Firmware".

It will now search for the iLO. This may take a while depending on how
corrupted the firmware is, so be patient.

After it has found the iLO, it will say, "A device has been detected in
recovery mode and is being initialized. Please wait."

The iLO should come back to life and start showing it's glorious "USB
Connected" screen.

The "Firmware Update" window should appear. Select "Format Data Area"
to rid the player of corrupted firmware data. And click "Start".

It can take anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes to re-flash the iLO and the
program might appear to have locked up, but it hasn't. So don't close
the program or disconnect the iLO!

Why are you still reading this? Great, did something happen?
Well, If the program fails to find the iLO and gives you an error like,
"Device Timeout" or something similar, you need to reinstall the iLO
drivers. This can be done by inserting the iLO cable into a USB port it
has never been plugged into before. Or you can reinstall the drivers by
reinstalling the Rave-MP program. (Remove it, restart the computer, and
then install it again).

Plugging it into a new USB port is the fastest and easiest option
though.

Symbios

Jul 12, 2006, 6:39:56 PM7/12/06
to ILO MP3
Yes, we moved to a new server a while ago. So that link will always be
dead.

Our site can now be found at http://www.uiss.6x.to.

--
Administrator