New Hutter Prize submission

Matt Mahoney

Mar 26, 2009, 10:33:11 AM3/26/09
to Hutter Prize
I have uploaded a mirror of Alexander Ratushnyak's new submission to
the Hutter prize to
http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/compression/text.html#1323
It is in the paq8hp12 section. Scroll down to the bottom of the list
of versions just above the table. The submission is decomp8.zip which
contains 2 files, decomp8.exe and archive8.bin, the decompressor and
compressed file. There is no compressor. To decompress:

decomp8 archive8.bin enwik8

The direct link is http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/compression/decomp8.zip
Decompression took about 2 hours on my computer and used a little over
924 MB memory. The total size of the 2 files is 15,986,677 which
passes the 3% threshold improvement from his previous submission of
16,481,655 bytes on May 14, 2007.

The submission was Mar. 23. The 30 day comment period before awarding
the prize ends Apr. 22, 2009.

-- Matt Mahoney, matma...@yahoo.com