New Blog Design

Corey

Feb 5, 2008, 9:02:00 AM2/5/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Last night the good folks at Unique Blog Designs finally put up my new
design for "The Jungle Map".

Check it out at www.TheJungleMap.com.

I'm trying to make sure I catch all the things that are wrong with
it. It's brand new, so please check it out and click around a
little. Reply to this message if you see anything that is not working
correctly or looks wrong. (I've noticed a few things already.)

Thanks!

glaikit

Feb 7, 2008, 10:11:03 AM2/7/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
It is fantastic Corey! I wish I could find the time (and maybe
requisite $$) to do such a good job with my own blog. If mine were
better I might enjoy writing in it more often :-)
Fiona

Corey

Feb 8, 2008, 2:02:35 AM2/8/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Thanks Fiona.

They are actually finishing up some odds and end changes that I'm
wanting.

My friend Shannon has come up with some pretty good templates - some
are even free.

I don't know how he does it, because all the ones I ever saw looked
lousy. Here are some WordPress templates we have found lately that we
liked...

http://imjtk.com/wordpress-themes
(One of these should look familiar if you follow my personal blog -
www.CoreyCreed.com)

http://www.briangardner.com/themes
(Not all of these are free But they are all nice, even the free
ones.)

http://www.uniqueblogdesigns.com/ExclusiveThemes/Default.aspx
These are not free, but they are not expensive, either.

I'll see if Shannon knows of any other ones. Those are the ones he
has shown me.

NOTE: Most of these blog developers will edit them a little for you
if you want a few modifications.

Of course, this does not mean your is not good. I like yours!

Ty

Feb 11, 2008, 4:11:27 PM2/11/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Corey,

Kudos! I love it. I especially like the "social" integration, Sphinn
etc..
You have inspired me to start another blog that is more editable. I
currently have the free wordpress hosted version, but I made this more
of an experiment to see how effective this version works.
But, It's time for me to move on! Thanks for the inspiration, and the
tips on free blog templates..

Corey

Feb 12, 2008, 8:51:47 AM2/12/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Oh yes, totally go with a WordPress on your own domain, not hosted.

You won't regret it.

And while you're at it, go get a free version of BlogJet. It's
awesome.

Corey

Feb 13, 2008, 9:36:44 AM2/13/08
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Here's another decent theme I came across today...

http://bloggingexperiment.com/blog-theme/