Astronaut WorldVista Installer Beta 5 (Enya) available.

Ignacio Valdes

Apr 24, 2009, 10:12:27 AM4/24/09
to hardhats
Astronaut WorldVistA Installers for Linux Beta 0.5 (Enya) (see
WorldVistA license below)

or dpkg (.deb file Ubuntu/Debian)

Downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvistaauto Direct
Sourceforge URL:
https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=255113

Changes: This is an ambitious release that adds many new things.
m2web, Victory Programming Environment, Kevin Toppenberg's debugger,
MSC Fileman 1034, and parts of OVID and EWD are pre-installed. m2web
should work by starting or re-starting httpd. m2web does NOT work with
SELinux currently and is installed but not working with .deb see
below for the last few steps to get m2web to work. OVID and EWD are
partially broken.

Author: Ignacio Valdes <iva...@hal-pc.org>

Problems, comments, bugs: Post problems or issues to the Hardhats
group: http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats or to
<iva...@hal-pc.org>

License: Installer: Affero GNU GPL version 3. No warranties expressed
or implied, use at your own risk. (see WorldVistA license below)

This installer has been tested on Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8.10

To install on rpm based systems, log in as root:

# rpm -i astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXX-0.X-X.i386.rpm

IT IS NORMAL TO SEE A BUNCH OF ERROR MESSAGES DURING COMPILATION.

To uninstall:

# rpm -e astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX-0.X-X

(NOTE: the absence of .i386.rpm for uninstalling)

To install on .deb, dpkg apt-get based systems, log in as root:

# dpkg -i astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX_0.X-0.X.deb

IT IS NORMAL TO SEE A BUNCH OF ERROR MESSAGES DURING COMPILATION.

To uninstall:

# dpkg -r astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX_0.X-0.X.deb

You can change the default installation parameters: location, port,
etc by creating a file called wv-rpm-defaults in /, (rpm apparently
can only find it in /):
vista_path="/opt/worldvista/EHR" # Full path with the last node being
the instance name.
vista_instance="EHR" # Same as the last node above in
/opt/worldvista/EHR
VISTAUSER="vista"
VISTAGROUP="vista"
port=9260 # Listening port. By convention 9260
Production, 9261 Training, 9262 Development
vista_port_old_rpc=9210 # Listening port for old rpc broker.
Defaults to 9210
vista_port_vistalink=8002

Alter the above parameters as desired before running the rpm and it
will override the above defaults.

Follow the next steps after the rpm install has run. This gets you to
the point of being able to login as a text or CPRS client. BOX:VOLUME
PAIR GETS AUTOMATICALLY SET! The pre-set Access Code is: sys.admin
with Verify Code: vista!123. You will have to re-set the verify code
upon first login. Download the Windows client installers which should
all work out of the box with this server. The pre-set Linux vista id
password is vista!123 which you will also have to re-set on first
login to the Linux vista id. To start m2web simply start or restart
apache then go to step 10 here:
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/notebook/index/48.html

Features:

1) Conforms to VistA Standard Base 0.9 RC 7.
2) Quick install.
3) Automatically sets BOX:VOLUME pair!
4) Creates a text<instance> id, automatically edits, compiles and
installs Bhaskar's runzu so that text<instance> runs with no shell and
no home directory.
5) Relatively smaller download size 155Mb complete package containing all files.
6) Controller software such as vistactl.sh start | stop | restart,
xinetd listener automatically configured and installed.
7) Automatic vista startup with journaling on server start and
graceful shutdown. Bhaskar's code.
8) Automatically opens CPRS port.
9) Has a backup solution (some assembly required).
10) Latest WorldVistA and gtm V53003
11) Installs /opt/worldvista/EHR
12) Creates default vista id automatically.
13) Management commands: copy_this_vista_to.sh and
change_client_port.sh and uninstall_this_vista.sh
14) Requires two-factor deletion to really delete an instance. rpm -e
only removes symlinks to log files, text-client id and auto-start
routines. Requires explicit rm -Rf to really delete it all. rpm -i
--force will NOT over-write an existing instance.
15) Checks for file wv-rpm-defaults and overrides default install
parameters for different locations for the install.
16) Port handling files correspond to worldvista name spaces.

M2WEB:

17) Pre-installs m2web. Start or restart apache then go to step 10
here: http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/notebook/index/48.html Turn off
and on SELinux between boots by: echo 0 >/selinux/enforce or echo 1
>/selinux/enforce

18) Pre-installs Kevin Toppenberg's debugger.
19) Pre-installs EWD (currently broken).
20) Pre-installs parts of Ovid (currently broken).
21) Pre-installs Victory Programming Environment.
22) MSC Fileman 1034

Caveats:

1) Beta installer.

WorldVistA EHR /VOE 1.0 Release 6-2008

IMPORTANT FOR ALL PROVIDERS:

All drugs that the provider may need must be entered into the database
BEFORE THE PROVIDER PRESCIBES THEM from WorldVistA EHR.THE DRUG FILE
INCLUDED HAS NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY RELEASED. IT IS ALWAYS IMPERATIVE THAT
ANY AND ALL DRUG ORDERS AND PRESCRIPTIONS BE CAREFULLY REVIEWED BY THE
PRESCRIBING PHYSICIAN AND DISPENSING PHARMACIST TO INSURE ACCURACY. IF
PROBLEMS ARE FOUND, PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE

IN...@WORLDVISTA.ORG
OR
http://trac.opensourcevista.net/worldvistaehr

Please see this link for information about entering new drugs and drug
doseages:

<http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/ReadMe%20-%20Wor
ldVistA%20Pharmacy%20Drug%20File%202008-01-31.pdf>

Please look for additional information and updates about this release
here:

<http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme>

All portions of this release that are modified from the original Freedom
of Informtion Act release provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
carry the GPL license and are Copyright WorldVistA. See this URL for the

full text of the license:

http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/WorldVistA%20EHR%
20GPL%20License.txt

YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING
THIS PRODUCT. DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY PART OF THE SOFTWARE AND
DOCUMENTATION INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF
YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT
PROCEED.

A. General Disclaimer. THE WORLDVISTA-EHR (WV-EHR) SOFTWARE IS
PROVIDED TO RECIPIENT HEREUNDER "AS IS" AND ANY USE OF WV-EHR SOFTWARE BY
REQUESTOR SHALL BE AT ITS OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, WORLDVISTA AND ITS CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS
DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO WV-EHR SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED
AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY,
COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, NON
INTERFERENCE, AND ERROR FREE SERVICE. WORLDVISTA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY

FOR MONITORING OR REGULATING THE USE OR ACCURACY OF WV-EHR SOFTWARE.
RECIPIENT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT WORLDVISTA IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION
TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF OR OTHERWISE UPDATE WV-EHR SOFTWARE OR ANY
CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR TO NOTIFY RECIPIENT OF ANY INACCURACIES
THEREIN OR UPDATES THERETO THAT MAY COME TO THE ATTENTION OF OR BE
DEVELOPED BY WORLDVISTA. WV-EHR MAY BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY, AND IT IS
THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RECIPIENT TO OBTAIN UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE
WV-EHR RELEASE AS REQUIRED. WORLDVISTA BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR
PROVIDING UPDATES TO RECIPIENTS. PASSWORD IS asdTYU

B. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WORLDVISTA NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR
CONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES
FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, SECURITY BREACHES,
VIRUSES, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE
LOSSES OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES IS ADVISED OF
THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS
AGREEMENT, COMPLIANCE EFFECTIVENESS STUDY TOOLS, THE USE OF OR INABILITY
TO USE THE SAME, OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. IN ADDITION, TO THE
MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WORLDVISTA NOR ANY OF
ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR
DAMAGE SUFFERED BY RECIPIENT WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY RECIPIENT VIA OR IN CONNECTION WITH WV-EHR
SOFTWARE.

I, Valdes

Apr 24, 2009, 10:15:51 AM4/24/09
to Hardhats
Okay folks, please check it out. These have many add-ons with the goal
of getting these add-ons to work smoothly. -- IV

On Apr 24, 9:12 am, Ignacio Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org> wrote:
> Astronaut WorldVistA Installers for Linux Beta 0.5 (Enya) (see
> WorldVistA license below)

kdtop

Apr 26, 2009, 12:19:15 PM4/26/09
to Hardhats
I have just downloaded the .deb installer program.

I have to say that I was very impressed. Ignacio has done good work
here. I wish that there were more on this message board that were
more interested in VistA installation issues.

Keep up the good work!

Kevin

I, Valdes

Apr 27, 2009, 12:12:07 AM4/27/09
to Hardhats
Thanks Kevin, Your work with GUI_Config and the debugger is an
integral part of it and will be especially good for proliferation
among new developers, users and administrators while making life much
easier for the old developers, users and administrators. Speed of
proliferation of this is now critical. I spoke to a medical school
friend of mine and he is saying that his local hospital is offering
his practice 85% of the implementation cost now of a well-known
proprietary system with an on (his) site server. He is very tempted to
take it. I told him the first hit is nearly free, then what? As well
as the recent JAMA article on the Hold Harmless clause. Once
entrenched, these proprietary systems will be very difficult to
dislodge.

Incidentally I found a problem while building my own VM, the deb
installer did not have a dependency for installing mkpasswd (which
oddly enough in Ubuntu-land is in the whois package go-figure) for
JeOS, this causes the vista id and text client id's to not be created.
I've added that as a dependency to the .deb and am uploading it to
Sourceforge.net now as astronaut-wv-server-beta-0.5.2.deb. It takes a
long time to upload so if you only see 0.5.1 it isn't up yet. It will
be up by Monday 9am CST.

-- IV

VistAnewbie

Jun 17, 2009, 5:02:09 PM6/17/09
to Hardhats
I installed the server software on an ubuntu 9.04 desktop and the tmg-
cprs on a windows laptop. Both give me an error when I use the access
code: sys.admin and verify code: vista!123. It says not a valid
access code/verify code pair.

On Apr 24, 7:12 am, Ignacio Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org> wrote:
> AstronautWorldVistA Installers for Linux Beta 0.5 (Enya) (see
> WorldVistA license below)

> or dpkg (.deb file Ubuntu/Debian)
>
> Downloads:https://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvistaautoDirect
> Sourceforge URL:https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=255113
>
> Changes: This is an ambitious release that adds many new things.
> m2web, Victory Programming Environment, Kevin Toppenberg's debugger,
> MSC Fileman 1034, and parts of OVID and EWD are pre-installed.  m2web
> should work by starting or re-starting httpd. m2web does NOT work with
> SELinux currently and is installed but not working with .deb  see
> below for the last few steps to get m2web to work. OVID and EWD are
> partially broken.
>
> Author: Ignacio Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org>
>
> Problems, comments, bugs: Post problems or issues to the Hardhats
> group:http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhatsor to
> <ival...@hal-pc.org>
> here:http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/notebook/index/48.htmlTurn off
> and on SELinux between boots by:  echo 0 >/selinux/enforce or echo 1
>
> >/selinux/enforce
>
> 18) Pre-installs Kevin Toppenberg's debugger.
> 19) Pre-installs EWD (currently broken).
> 20) Pre-installs parts of Ovid (currently broken).
> 21) Pre-installs Victory Programming Environment.
> 22) MSC Fileman 1034
>
> Caveats:
>
> 1) Beta installer.
>
>                 WorldVistA EHR /VOE 1.0 Release 6-2008
>
> IMPORTANT FOR ALL PROVIDERS:
>
> All drugs that the provider may need must be entered into the database
> BEFORE THE PROVIDER PRESCIBES THEM from WorldVistA EHR.THE DRUG FILE
> INCLUDED HAS NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY RELEASED. IT IS ALWAYS IMPERATIVE THAT
> ANY AND ALL DRUG ORDERS AND PRESCRIPTIONS BE CAREFULLY REVIEWED BY THE
> PRESCRIBING PHYSICIAN AND DISPENSING PHARMACIST TO INSURE ACCURACY.   IF
> PROBLEMS ARE FOUND, PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE
>
>         I...@WORLDVISTA.ORG
>                 OR
>        http://trac.opensourcevista.net/worldvistaehr
>
> Please see this link for information about entering new drugs and drug
> doseages:
>
> <http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/ReadMe%20-%2...
> ldVistA%20Pharmacy%20Drug%20File%202008-01-31.pdf>
>
> Please look for additional information and updates about this release
> here:
>
>  <http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme>
>
> All portions of this release that are modified from the original Freedom
> of Informtion Act release provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
> carry the GPL license and are Copyright WorldVistA.  See this URL for the
>
> full text of the license:
>
> http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/WorldVistA%2...

I, Valdes

Jun 17, 2009, 5:39:07 PM6/17/09
to Hardhats
I just tried it with a fresh install on a new Ubuntu 9.04 server and
it worked fine with that access/verify code. Incidentally we are now
on Beta 6-4. -- IV