Astronaut WorldVista Installer Beta 6 (Zoltar) available.

Ignacio Valdes

May 26, 2009, 2:16:00 AM5/26/09
to hardhats
Astronaut WorldVistA Installers for Linux Beta 0.6.3 (Zoltar) (see
WorldVistA license below)

or dpkg (.deb file Ubuntu/Debian)

Downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvistaauto Direct
Sourceforge URL:
https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=255113

Changes: This release adds full support and bug fixes to support Kevin
Toppenberg's superlative TMG-CPRS! Patient registration is finally
solved! This also cleans up the design to work side by side with other
VSB compliant VistA's like Astronaut Nostromo (installs
OpenVistA(tm)). OVID now works, m2web should work by starting or
re-starting httpd. m2web does NOT work with SELinux currently and is
installed but not working with .deb see below for the last few steps
to get m2web to work. EWD is partially installed, but broken.

Default ID's and passwords: System Linux id for an instance now follow
the VistA Standard Base spec of <branding>vista<instance> to avoid
conflict and allow multiple instances to run side by side. For example
worldvistaEHR is the default Linux id for rpm install with password
vista!123. The default VistA id is sys.admin vista!123.

Author: Ignacio Valdes <iva...@hal-pc.org>

Problems, comments, bugs: Post problems or issues to the Hardhats
group: http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats or to
<iva...@hal-pc.org>

License: Installer: Affero GNU GPL version 3. No warranties expressed
or implied, use at your own risk. (see WorldVistA license below)

These installers have been tested on Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 9.04

To install on rpm based systems, log in as root:

# rpm -i astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXX-0.X-X.i386.rpm

IT IS NORMAL TO SEE A BUNCH OF ERROR MESSAGES DURING COMPILATION.

To uninstall:

# rpm -e astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX-0.X-X

(NOTE: the absence of .i386.rpm for uninstalling)

To install on .deb, dpkg apt-get based systems, log in as root:

# dpkg -i astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX_0.X-0.X.deb

IT IS NORMAL TO SEE A BUNCH OF ERROR MESSAGES DURING COMPILATION.

To uninstall:

# dpkg -r astronaut-wv-server-installer-XXXX_0.X-0.X.deb

You can change the default installation parameters: location, port,
etc by creating a file called wv-rpm-defaults in /, (rpm apparently
can only find it in /):
gtm_path="/opt/lsb-gtm/V5.3-003_i686"
vista_instance="EHR"
vista_path="/opt/worldvista/$vista_instance"
VISTAUSER="worldvista$vista_instance"
VISTAGROUP="worldvista$vista_instance"
port=9260
vista_port_old_rpc=9210
vista_port_vistalink=8002

Alter the above parameters as desired before running the rpm and it
will override the above defaults.

Follow the next steps after the rpm install has run. This gets you to
the point of being able to login as a text or CPRS client. BOX:VOLUME
PAIR GETS AUTOMATICALLY SET! The pre-set Access Code is: sys.admin
with Verify Code: vista!123. You will have to re-set the verify code
upon first login. Download the Windows client installers which should
all work out of the box with this server. The pre-set Linux id is
vista.world password is vista!123 which you will also have to re-set
on first login to the Linux vista.world id. To start m2web simply
start or restart apache then go to step 10 here:
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/notebook/index/48.html

Features:

1) Conforms to VistA Standard Base 0.9 RC 7.
2) Quick install.
3) Automatically sets BOX:VOLUME pair!
4) Creates a text<instance> id, automatically edits, compiles and
installs Bhaskar's runzu so that text<instance> runs with no shell and
no home directory.
5) Relatively smaller download size 155Mb complete package containing all files.
6) Controller software such as vistactl.sh start | stop | restart,
xinetd listener automatically configured and installed.
7) Automatic vista startup with journaling on server start and
graceful shutdown. Bhaskar's code.
8) Automatically opens CPRS port.
9) Has a backup solution (some assembly required).
10) Latest WorldVistA and gtm V53003
11) Installs /opt/worldvista/EHR
12) Creates default vista id automatically.
13) Management commands: copy_this_vista_to.sh and
change_client_port.sh and uninstall_this_vista.sh
14) Requires two-factor deletion to really delete an instance. rpm -e
only removes symlinks to log files, text-client id and auto-start
routines. Requires explicit rm -Rf to really delete it all. rpm -i
--force will NOT over-write an existing instance.
15) Checks for file wv-rpm-defaults and overrides default install
parameters for different locations for the install.
16) Port handling files correspond to worldvista name spaces.

M2WEB:

17) Pre-installs m2web. Start or restart apache then go to step 10
here: http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/notebook/index/48.html Turn off
and on SELinux between boots by: echo 0 >/selinux/enforce or echo 1
>/selinux/enforce

18) Pre-installs Kevin Toppenberg's debugger.
19) Pre-installs EWD (currently broken).
20) Pre-installs parts of Ovid (currently broken).
21) Pre-installs Victory Programming Environment.
# 22) MSC Fileman 1034 Had to be removed as it was causing a problem.
Stay tuned!
23) TMG-CPRS support with all associated bug fixes!

Caveats:

1) Beta installer.

WorldVistA EHR /VOE 1.0 Release 6-2008

IMPORTANT FOR ALL PROVIDERS:

All drugs that the provider may need must be entered into the database
BEFORE THE PROVIDER PRESCIBES THEM from WorldVistA EHR.THE DRUG FILE
INCLUDED HAS NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY RELEASED. IT IS ALWAYS IMPERATIVE THAT
ANY AND ALL DRUG ORDERS AND PRESCRIPTIONS BE CAREFULLY REVIEWED BY THE
PRESCRIBING PHYSICIAN AND DISPENSING PHARMACIST TO INSURE ACCURACY. IF
PROBLEMS ARE FOUND, PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE

IN...@WORLDVISTA.ORG
OR
http://trac.opensourcevista.net/worldvistaehr

Please see this link for information about entering new drugs and drug
doseages:

<http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/ReadMe%20-%20Wor
ldVistA%20Pharmacy%20Drug%20File%202008-01-31.pdf>

Please look for additional information and updates about this release
here:

<http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme>

All portions of this release that are modified from the original Freedom
of Informtion Act release provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
carry the GPL license and are Copyright WorldVistA. See this URL for the

full text of the license:

http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/WorldVistA%20EHR%
20GPL%20License.txt

YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING
THIS PRODUCT. DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY PART OF THE SOFTWARE AND
DOCUMENTATION INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF
YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT
PROCEED.

A. General Disclaimer. THE WORLDVISTA-EHR (WV-EHR) SOFTWARE IS
PROVIDED TO RECIPIENT HEREUNDER "AS IS" AND ANY USE OF WV-EHR SOFTWARE BY
REQUESTOR SHALL BE AT ITS OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, WORLDVISTA AND ITS CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS
DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO WV-EHR SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED
AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY,
COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, NON
INTERFERENCE, AND ERROR FREE SERVICE. WORLDVISTA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY

FOR MONITORING OR REGULATING THE USE OR ACCURACY OF WV-EHR SOFTWARE.
RECIPIENT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT WORLDVISTA IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION
TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF OR OTHERWISE UPDATE WV-EHR SOFTWARE OR ANY
CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR TO NOTIFY RECIPIENT OF ANY INACCURACIES
THEREIN OR UPDATES THERETO THAT MAY COME TO THE ATTENTION OF OR BE
DEVELOPED BY WORLDVISTA. WV-EHR MAY BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY, AND IT IS
THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RECIPIENT TO OBTAIN UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE
WV-EHR RELEASE AS REQUIRED. WORLDVISTA BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR
PROVIDING UPDATES TO RECIPIENTS. PASSWORD IS asdTYU

B. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WORLDVISTA NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR
CONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES
FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, SECURITY BREACHES,
VIRUSES, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE
LOSSES OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES IS ADVISED OF
THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS
AGREEMENT, COMPLIANCE EFFECTIVENESS STUDY TOOLS, THE USE OF OR INABILITY
TO USE THE SAME, OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. IN ADDITION, TO THE
MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WORLDVISTA NOR ANY OF
ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR
DAMAGE SUFFERED BY RECIPIENT WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY RECIPIENT VIA OR IN CONNECTION WITH WV-EHR
SOFTWARE.

I, Valdes

May 26, 2009, 10:18:19 AM5/26/09
to Hardhats
Forgot to add that I have packaged Kevin's TMG-CPRS into an easy to
install point-click installer:

https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=255113

To download the TMG-CPRS client installer, it is the one in the big
green button called astronaut-tmg-cprs-client-alpha-0.1.exe

Let me know if the dimensions of the Select Patient dialog box are
funny where some of the buttons are off screen or not.

Congratulations to the T's: Kevin T and George T, this one is for
you!

The windows-vm appliance I hope to have up by today as well.

-- IV

On May 26, 1:16 am, Ignacio Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org> wrote:
> [...]
> PRESCRIBING PHYSICIAN AND DISPENSING PHARMACIST TO INSURE ACCURACY.   IF
> PROBLEMS ARE FOUND, PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE
>
>         I...@WORLDVISTA.ORG
>                 OR
>        http://trac.opensourcevista.net/worldvistaehr
>
> Please see this link for information about entering new drugs and drug
> doseages:
>
> <http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/ReadMe%20-%2...
> ldVistA%20Pharmacy%20Drug%20File%202008-01-31.pdf>
>
> Please look for additional information and updates about this release
> here:
>
>  <http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme>
>
> All portions of this release that are modified from the original Freedom
> of Informtion Act release provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
> carry the GPL license and are Copyright WorldVistA.  See this URL for the

steve wang

May 26, 2009, 10:57:38 AM5/26/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Hi All:

What is the official website for WorldVistA EHR/VOE 1.0.  It doesn't seem like this is on the worldvista website.  Where can I find more documentation on this new version?  Also, how can I find out about new releases of EHR/VOE when they come out?

Thanks

Steve

Nancy Anthracite

May 26, 2009, 11:07:12 AM5/26/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
New releases of WorldVistA EHR will be announced on Hardhats.

--
Nancy Anthracite

K.S. Bhaskar

May 26, 2009, 11:31:29 AM5/26/09
to Hardhats
Steve --

The official web site for WorldVistA EHR is the WorldVistA web site
(http://worldvista.org). The distribution point for WorldVistA EHR is
Source Forge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvista-ehr) and the
WorldVistA web site points you to the Source Forge site.

Built on the release of WorldVistA EHR from Source Forge are
distributions of repackaged software, sometimes with enhancements.
Ignacio's Astronaut packages are an example. By way of analogy, the
WorldVistA EHR distributions are like Linux kernels from http://kernel.org
whereas the redistributions are like GNU/Linux distributions from
Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc.

New releases of WorldVistA EHR will appear on Source Forge, and will
be announced on hardhats, as well as elsewhere.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

K.S. Bhaskar
President, WorldVistA

I, Valdes

May 26, 2009, 10:36:05 PM5/26/09
to Hardhats
Kevin,

I've used TMG-CPRS all day today and I must say that the integrated
patient registration works phenomenally well. Especially when you are
under pressure and have lots of distractions. Not having to bring up
the text based interface or switch back and forth between them is a
dramatic improvement as well as the ability to edit spelling mistakes
quickly and easily.

Question: what are you using to render html in notes?

-- IV

> read more »

Tom Arnold

May 27, 2009, 10:53:38 AM5/27/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Ignacio,
How about taking this info and uploading it to sourceforge as a separate documentation package / archive / file for the project?  I always like to see what a package is, where will be installed, and what I have to do after installation, when I'm scoping out new software.

Thanks for posting this - both the installer and this message. I've installed the RPM on Fedora 10 and will start playing around with it today. I got a message that the package was not signed and required a "force install" button click in the package manager window (I was doing this in Gnome) but after that it installed without complaint. And without saying where it was installed...

I appreciate the collection of control scripts..
Tom
--
Tom Arnold
CIO - Aspire Behavioral Health, Inc.

To protect patient privacy and to comply with Federal HIPAA regulations, COMPANY POLICY PROHIBITS SENDING OR RECEIVING  PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION VIA EMAIL. Email is not to be used to communicate with, or about, patients.

I, Valdes

May 27, 2009, 11:52:33 AM5/27/09
to Hardhats
Thanks, I haven't tried the point-click type rpm installers so I'll
need to check how to get the messages to it. It does tell you all the
default information from a command-line install. I have not signed the
packages yet. The defaults can be found in the documentation here:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=177240&group_id=255113

Thusly:

You can change the default installation parameters: location, port,
etc by creating a file called wv-rpm-defaults in /, (rpm apparently
can only find it in /):
gtm_path="/opt/lsb-gtm/V5.3-003_i686"
vista_instance="EHR"
vista_path="/opt/worldvista/$vista_instance"
VISTAUSER=worldvista$vista_instance
VISTAGROUP=worldvista$vista_instance
port=9260
vista_port_old_rpc=9210
vista_port_vistalink=8002

> > Author: Ignacio Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org>
>
> > Problems, comments, bugs: Post problems or issues to the Hardhats
> > group:http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhatsor to
> > <ival...@hal-pc.org>

Tom Arnold

May 27, 2009, 5:45:58 PM5/27/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, since this is server software it sort of makes more sense that it would be done via a command line environment. But I just had an old laptop that put Fedora Linux on to play with, and these days the easy & simple way to do that gives you a graphical environment so I that's where I was. I expect others will find themselves in the same situation when they test Astronaut out.

There might be a way to have the installer finish by giving an option to open up a readme.txt file or something? Seems like I've seen that done before.
-Tom

Matt

May 31, 2009, 2:36:01 PM5/31/09
to Hardhats
I installed the 0.63 deb twice and noticed the vista user and vista
environment failed to be installed. Is anyone else having this
problem?

On May 28, 5:45 am, Tom Arnold <tarn...@aspirebehavioral.com> wrote:
> Yeah, since this is server software it sort of makes more sense that it
> would be done via a command line environment. But I just had an old laptop
> that put Fedora Linux on to play with, and these days the easy & simple way
> to do that gives you a graphical environment so I that's where I was. I
> expect others will find themselves in the same situation when they test
> Astronaut out.
>
> There might be a way to have the installer finish by giving an option to
> open up a readme.txt file or something? Seems like I've seen that done
> before.
> -Tom
>

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM, I, Valdes <ival...@hal-pc.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I haven't tried the point-click type rpm installers so I'll
> > need to check how to get the messages to it. It does tell you all the
> > default information from a command-line install. I have not signed the
> > packages yet. The defaults can be found in the documentation here:
> >http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=177240&group_id=2...

ivhalpc

Jun 1, 2009, 12:49:59 PM6/1/09
to Hardhats
Right, the new convention is <branding>vista<instance> for each id
which in this case should be worldvistaEHR. This is necessary to
prevent conflict with other instances and allow side-by-side running
of multiple instances. If it isn't working I'll take a look and fix it
when I'm back from vacation June 9th. -- IV

Tom Arnold

Jun 1, 2009, 12:55:17 PM6/1/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
I have not tried the debian package so I can't say about that. On Fedora 10 I installed the 0.63 RPM and I noticed the next time I logged in that the Gnome login panel showed a Vista user as an option, so I guess it is creating that user.

I also noticed that the Gnome system service GUI interface, which lists all the various system services you can enable, disable, and automatically start at boot time, now knows about the vista ehr as a service you can start up automatically. That's nice. So it seems that in a Red Hat environment things are integrating appropriately. I have had to turn on a port so I could connect from a client on Windows. I think I need to turn on some more too, since so far I can only connect with the Delphi based GUI clients, and I can't connect with PuTTY.
Tom

JohnLeo Zimmer

Jun 1, 2009, 3:04:21 PM6/1/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
putty will want port 22
and ssh to to be installed and that service (sshd) running.

jlz

Matt

Jun 1, 2009, 9:23:37 PM6/1/09
to Hardhats
I honestly think the problem is that Ubuntu makes it difficult to use
root, instead of sudo. So when you install with sudo, at some point
your privileges de-escalate and it fails to create the vista user. I'm
going to try it again using root.

I'm also using VW-Ware. Does any one know the best way to set a static
address for the clients?

On Jun 1, 12:04 pm, JohnLeo Zimmer <johnleo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> putty will want port 22
> and ssh to to be installed and that service (sshd) running.
>
> jlz
>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Tom Arnold<tarn...@aspirebehavioral.com> wrote:
> > I have not tried the debian package so I can't say about that. On Fedora 10
> > I installed the 0.63 RPM and I noticed the next time I logged in that the
> > Gnome login panel showed a Vista user as an option, so I guess it is
> > creating that user.
>
> > I also noticed that the Gnome system service GUI interface, which lists all
> > the various system services you can enable, disable, and automatically start
> > at boot time, now knows about the vista ehr as a service you can start up
> > automatically. That's nice. So it seems that in a Red Hat environment things
> > are integrating appropriately. I have had to turn on a port so I could
> > connect from a client on Windows. I think I need to turn on some more too,
> > since so far I can only connect with the Delphi based GUI clients, and I
> > can't connect with PuTTY.
> > Tom

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

kdtop

Jun 2, 2009, 12:32:41 PM6/2/09
to Hardhats
sudo bash is an easy way to get to root on the machine if they have
root disabled.

Kevin

> read more »

K.S. Bhaskar

Jun 2, 2009, 10:25:05 PM6/2/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Using sudo is considered to be a more secure way of providing privilege
escalation where it is needed than providing a root shell. In the case
of Ubuntu, "sudo su -" is a way to get a root shell for a user who is
permitted to have a root shell.

Regards
-- Bhaskar
> <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=177240&group_id=2>...

Matt

Jun 2, 2009, 11:48:24 PM6/2/09
to Hardhats
Thanks, m

Tom Arnold

Jun 3, 2009, 8:21:49 PM6/3/09
to Hard...@googlegroups.com
Right. I opened port 22 and turned on SSH on the server machine.
Now when I tried to connect via the "text client" shortcut, it puts up a message about caching the server key (certainly a good sign) then it fails. Meanwhile the server shows an alert:

SELinux is preventing sshd (sshd_t) "getattr" to /opt/worldvista/EHR/bin/vistarunzu.sh (user_t)

So, if I can just figure out how to turn off demon-spawn SELinux, which was apparently intalled and activated by default as part of Fedora 10, I'll probably be all set.
Tom

I, Valdes

Jun 4, 2009, 12:02:09 AM6/4/09
to Hardhats
Try /sbin/restorecon -v '/opt/worldvista/EHR/bin/vistarunzu.sh'

On Jun 3, 6:21 pm, Tom Arnold <tarn...@aspirebehavioral.com> wrote:
> Right. I opened port 22 and turned on SSH on the server machine.
> Now when I tried to connect via the "text client" shortcut, it puts up a
> message about caching the server key (certainly a good sign) then it fails.
> Meanwhile the server shows an alert:
>
> SELinux is preventing sshd (sshd_t) "getattr" to
> /opt/worldvista/EHR/bin/vistarunzu.sh (user_t)
>
> So, if I can just figure out how to turn off demon-spawn SELinux, which was
> apparently intalled and activated by default as part of Fedora 10, I'll
> probably be all set.
> Tom
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:04 PM, JohnLeo Zimmer <johnleo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > putty will want port 22
> > and ssh to to be installed and that service (sshd) running.
>
> > jlz
>
> > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Tom Arnold<tarn...@aspirebehavioral.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I have not tried the debian package so I can't say about that. On Fedora
> > 10
> > > I installed the 0.63 RPM and I noticed the next time I logged in that the
> > > Gnome login panel showed a Vista user as an option, so I guess it is
> > > creating that user.
>
> > > I also noticed that the Gnome system service GUI interface, which lists
> > all
> > > the various system services you can enable, disable, and automatically
> > start
> > > at boot time, now knows about the vista ehr as a service you can start up
> > > automatically. That's nice. So it seems that in a Red Hat environment
> > things
> > > are integrating appropriately. I have had to turn on a port so I could
> > > connect from a client on Windows. I think I need to turn on some more
> > too,
> > > since so far I can only connect with the Delphi based GUI clients, and I
> > > can't connect with PuTTY.
> > > Tom

> read more »

I, Valdes

Jun 17, 2009, 5:46:07 PM6/17/09
to Hardhats
FYI, I just released Astronaut WorldVistA Beta 0.6.4 on rpm and deb on
sourceforge.net

Changes: After 5 months of intermittent not workings and me just not
getting it, iptables (server firewall) rule addition and removal on
uninstall for the client port now should work correctly and reliably.
The very useful but hard to find or access gtm_acculturation document
is now installed in the doc directory by default. There is also few
dependency checking tweaks in anticipation of the VistA Community
Meeting demo this Friday in Bethesda.