happs quickstart fails (on sp make, System.Log.Logger not found)

thomash...@googlemail.com

May 22, 2008, 7:07:58 PM5/22/08
to HAppS
ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.8.2

1. 1. darcs get http://happs.org/repos/happs.org MyProject
2. 2. cd MyProject
3. 3. sp ghc -isrc src/Main.hs --make --run --http-port=5000

..... lots gets installed ...

/home/thartman/.SearchPath/darcs_get_--partial_--
tag=0.9.2_http_happs.org-repos-HAppS-Util_util@_echo_hello_world/util/
src/HAppS/Util/Common.hs:13:7:
Could not find module `System.Log.Logger':
Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

Lemmih

May 23, 2008, 12:12:18 PM5/23/08
to HA...@googlegroups.com

Looks like sp can't find hslogger. Try installing it manually:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hslogger

--
Cheers,
Lemmih

tphyahoo

May 29, 2008, 5:26:12 PM5/29/08
to HAppS
I got it working by installing it manually.

However I thought it would be even better to get it using sp, as I
like how sp does so much fetching at one go. When it works, that is.
(Lemmih frowned on relying on sp too much in #happs.)

So, I attempted to fix this problem by using my own module.map...

~/MyProject>cat searchpath-quickstart.sh
sp ghc -isrc -imysearchpath.map src/Main.hs --make

in mysearchpath.map I changed the hslogger line

from System.Log http://darcs.complete.org/hslogger/src
(invalid repo)
to System.Log http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/hslogger/1.0.5/hslogger-1.0.5.tar.gz
hslogger-1.0.5/src (hackage link)

This almost worked, but then I get error:

ghc-6.8.2: unknown package: hslogger-1.0.5

when I ran the above searchpath-quickstart command. Can anybody tell
me what I'm doing wrong?

Thomas.