"Brits wear hats to weddings" & comment on ADRIANNE ARPEL [USA]

Frank Kalder

Nov 27, 2006, 1:18:31 AM11/27/06
to HAPLIF BLOGGING - international [worldwide] {haplifnet}

EXCERPT - Marika Kusznir (USA)[*] - 'International Stuff'

MK:
> > > It's apparently a rule that Brits wear hats to weddings.

FK:
> > Yeah, I recall the last Royal wedding of Camilla and Charles in the
> > city of Windsor and then in the St. George's Chapel of the Windsor
> > Castle www.stgeorges-windsor.org

MK:
> It was pretty regularly disliked. I remember the furor at everyone
> exclaiming, what the heck does she have on her head. It might have
> looked better if it were a different color. The one she chose blended
> in too much with her own hair, thus making it indistinguishable from
> her head. That's almost like those hats you posted elsewhere, where
> the hair was the hat. But, as Camilla plainly did not intend the
> effect, it wasn't fashionably attractive. The rule here is if you are
> a public person you should probably pretest your outfit on camera, as
> well as the mirror. I'm thinking of all those poor starlets who have
> obviously beautiful dresses that the next day the fashion columns pan,
> just because they did not look good on camera.
>
> American shopping channels feature many makeup artists who purportedly
> make most of their money doing makeup for film, tv and models.
>
> One of these is Adrianne Arpel who makes me CRAZY. If I know she is on
> I become riveted to the set.
>
> I am not complaining about how she looks. She is in her mid 60s and
> looks marvelous, although any idiot can see that she has had cosmetic
> surgery and has fantastic skills with the brush with regard to her
> appearance on camera.
>
> I am complaining about how she applies lipstick on other people, her
> models. It makes me crazy. It is always crooked and not filled in.
> Everything else she is great at. But that one thing!!
>
> She is funny and manic too. She talks about her facial hair - she says
> she looks like a chimp. I have heard her mention she has a strong
> following in Europe.
>
> She has a few books at Amazon, her products are at the expected url.

*)
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.usa/msg/789ab7a2fc75774d?&hl=en

In addition, here's a link to ADRIANNE ARPEL
http://www.tvtalkshows.com/board/showthread.php?t=27776

Ciao, Frank [haplifnet]

--
www.haplif.de & www.haplif.de/61820.html [politics & economics]