Signs from around the nation at the SOS Rally/March

Pdob...@aol.com

Jul 31, 2011, 12:47:42 AM7/31/11
to Grassroots...@googlegroups.com, ice-...@yahoogroups.com
Although I was not able to get to DC, I was able to hear many of the speeches through my friend who lives there.  She put her phone on speaker and I was able to listen.  She also took photos of the many signs from around the nation.  Here are a few with more to follow.  David and I had several discussions with folks in Lancaster, Pa. about what is going on in education today.  I left a copy of The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman with good friends who have a Downs syndrome son and were grateful to the public school system for the education he received, and are critical of the way special needs children have been left out in the charter school movement. They also have young grandchildren who are beginning their school journeys. I am sure it will be shared with many teachers that they know.

Pat

Photos by G. Laikin, Washington, DC