New GWT application to try - Leeloo Chat

Joël Bourquard

Oct 18, 2008, 6:18:30 AM10/18/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I've published a new GWT application called Leeloo
Chat, which has received many improvements ever since. It got featured
at ongwt.com, and is among the winners in the gwtsite.com contest !

It has both the features you'd expect from a chat (public discussion,
private messages, contact list etc) and more advanced features: rich
text messaging with pictures, profile with picture, mutual dialog
detection, language detection (coming soon) and many more to come !

Best of all: it requires no personal info (not even your e-mail
address) to subscribe.

So, if you have not tried it yet, please don't hesitate because I need
a lot of feedback (and also a lot of members) to continue the
project !!

Greetings to all,

Joël

Joël Bourquard

Oct 18, 2008, 6:19:42 AM10/18/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Here is the URL: http://leeloo.webhop.net
Have fun ;-)

Batien

Oct 19, 2008, 11:54:52 AM10/19/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Congrat:

Can it be used for private club? Is it open source? What license?

Joël Bourquard

Oct 22, 2008, 7:48:36 AM10/22/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Batien, thanks !

No, the source code is not available (sorry), however I will add
support for chat "rooms" which can be locked by a password (or
something similar). This way, selected people would have their own
chat room, while keeping the possibility for them to chat publicly, if
they so desire.

By the way: I have just added native support for Picasa *AND* Flickr
galleries. Anyone can specify his/her picasa and flickr nicknames in
his/her profile, and the galleries will be available for others to
browse (inside the chat page !!)

Feedback is welcome concerning these new features :-)