shell console starts briefly, then shuts down immediately

BrianP

Aug 2, 2007, 5:27:08 PM8/2/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm trying to port my project over to a new machine. I had just
started working with GWT so didn't have much in the project, but it
_was_ working in the shell. Now on the new machine (Windows XP), when
I try to launch the shell with the myproj-shell cmd, the shell console/
window where the messages are usually displayed briefly appears, but
then closes after a second or 2.

Any ideas why? Is there any other log I can look at for error
messages?

Thanks

krispy

Aug 2, 2007, 6:57:46 PM8/2/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Sounds like an installation issue of some sort - maybe you just need
to try a completely clean install? Or else, try running a sample in
the shell, or create a brand new project with the project creator
script. If there's an error of some sort you should see it in your
IDE's console or in the DOS console if you run it from the command
line. How do you run the script, exactly? If you're just double
clicking it in Explorer, you should try the command line to see what
errors you might be getting. The shell doesn't automatically log to a
file, AFAIK.

-krispy

BrianP

Aug 3, 2007, 8:48:18 AM8/3/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I had been just double clicking on it in Explorer. So when I tried it
from the command line, I got the message that port 8888 was already in
use. I just changed it with the -port parameter and it works fine.
Thanks for the help.