FormPanel & FireFox strange behaviour

hoosie

Aug 15, 2006, 10:29:22 AM8/15/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi All,

Curious if anyone else has seen this problem. I am using a FormPanel
within a PopupPanel, and in IE everything works with no problems. In
FireFox, everything also works fine, however after I submit the form
and receive the response, FireFox still displays the message
"Transferring Data from 69.197.152.133..." and the cursor remains the
hourglass as if something is still happening. I can still do
everything I want, I can select other items, resubmit the form etc, so
it's not affecting functionality, however its sure to confuse users.

Anyone see this or have any ideas? Thanks!

hoosie

Aug 15, 2006, 10:43:42 AM8/15/06
to Google Web Toolkit
As a sidenote I don't think this is directly related to the Submit
button bug, which I fixed using the code here:

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_frm/thread/72bea3a6d4feeaeb/dc5188431a66629d

Vivian

Aug 16, 2006, 3:23:02 AM8/16/06
to Google Web Toolkit
hoosie,
I don't know for sure, but this appears to be a Firefox problem. If
you google for "firefox transferring status bar" you'll find lots of
sites discussing this issue, including a Bugzilla issue filed against
Firefox. I've seen this occur on many AJAX sites using Firefox/Camino.
It could be that HTTP Keep-Alive connections cause the browser to
display the 'transferring' message even though all transfers are done.

Just looking at
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=&content=transferring

there appears to have been many cases of this in the past. I have also
seen references to document.write() JS calls affecting it.

-Vivian