GWT Mosaic 0.1 Now Available

georgopoul...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2008, 5:57:26 PM9/20/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

After two release candidates and a lot of refactoring this is the
first release of GWT Mosaic.

Home:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-mosaic/

Download:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-mosaic/downloads/list

Kind Regards,
George.

Dobes

Sep 20, 2008, 6:10:05 PM9/20/08
to Google Web Toolkit

Could you give a preview of what's cool about it? Seems like you have
a bunch of new widgets, and some layout system. Anything else?

On Sep 20, 2:57 pm, "georgopoulos.georg...@gmail.com"

georgopoul...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2008, 6:26:31 PM9/20/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I try to extend the widget set of GWT and GWT Incubator. There is no
new widget hierarchy or event system. The LayoutPanel (which extends
the AbsolutePanel widget) is the most important widget so far in GWT
Mosaic. Its a widget has support for layout managers like BoxLayout,
BorderLayout or FillLayout.

A list of new widgets that are based on the LayoutPanel is:

- DeckLayouPanel
- StackLayoutPanel
- TabLayoutPanel
- CaptionLayoutPanel

(see: the Layout & Panels section, e.g.:
http://69.20.122.77:8880/gwt-mosaic/Showcase.html#CwDeckLayoutPanel)

Some other widgets that are based on LayoutPanel & GWT's Popup are
the:

- InfoPanel
- WindowPanel
- MessageBox

There are also some other widgets like the:

- ToolButton (which can be a push button, menu button split menu
button, checkbox button or radio button)
- ComboBox (not ready yet)
- TreeTable (based on the FastTree & ScrollTable code from the GWT
Incubator, also not ready)
- DatePicker (also from GWT Incubator but modified to use a
LayoutPanel)

(see: the Popups section, e.g.: http://69.20.122.77:8880/gwt-mosaic/Showcase.html#CwWindowPanel)

Tim

Sep 21, 2008, 8:33:17 PM9/21/08
to Google Web Toolkit
that's pretty cool library - I was thinking when Google will finally
merge all the incubator stuff with main GWT and add a few layout and
dialog options to finally create a complete RIA framework. good stuff
George!

http://gwtnow.com

On Sep 20, 6:26 pm, "georgopoulos.georg...@gmail.com"