Missing files when enabled Google App Engine SDK after GWT project is created

hezjing

May 25, 2009, 11:55:46 AM5/25/09
to gwt
Hi

Eclipse complaints the appengine-web.xml file does not exist when I enabled the Google App Engine SDK after created a GWT project.

Here are the steps I performed:

1) File->New->Web Application Project
Check use Google Web Toolkit
Uncheck use Google App Engine
Finish

2) Right click project->Google->App Engine Settings...
Check use Google App Engine
Problem: the appengine-web.xml file does not exist!

This problem can be fixed by selecting the quick fix, and appengine-web.xml will be created automatically.

Unfortunately when the project is launched, it failed to locate war\WEB-INF\logging.properties and commons-logging.jar

I'm wondering, if Google plugin should automatically perform the following when we enabled Google App Engine SDK?
1) Create appengine-web.xml
2) Create logging.properties
3) Add commons-logging.jar into referenced libraries

This problem does not exist if I checked both GWT and Google App Engine while creating the project in step 1.

--

Hez

Jason Parekh

May 26, 2009, 11:25:26 AM5/26/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM, hezjing <hez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Eclipse complaints the appengine-web.xml file does not exist when I enabled
> the Google App Engine SDK after created a GWT project.
> Here are the steps I performed:
> 1) File->New->Web Application Project
> Check use Google Web Toolkit
> Uncheck use Google App Engine
> Finish
> 2) Right click project->Google->App Engine Settings...
> Check use Google App Engine
> Problem: the appengine-web.xml file does not exist!
>
> This problem can be fixed by selecting the quick fix, and appengine-web.xml
> will be created automatically.
> Unfortunately when the project is launched, it failed to
> locate war\WEB-INF\logging.properties and commons-logging.jar
> I'm wondering, if Google plugin should automatically perform the
> following when we enabled Google App Engine SDK?
> 1) Create appengine-web.xml
> 2) Create logging.properties
> 3) Add commons-logging.jar into referenced libraries

Good find, definitely looks like this flow could be improved. If you
don't mind, could you please file a bug in the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list ?

Thanks,
jason

hezjing