How to import samples of GWT into Eclipse

Jaap

Apr 12, 2009, 7:22:06 PM4/12/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I've just installed gwt and appengine eclipse plugins and now would
like to import the sample projects ( located in the samples directory
into eclipse )

The README.txt in all the samples say the following

---
If you use Eclipse, you can simply import the generated project into
Eclipse.
We've tested against Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4. Later versions will likely
also
work, earlier versions may not.

In Eclipse, go to the File menu and choose:

File -> Import... -> Existing Projects into Workspace

Browse to the directory containing this file,
select "Hello".

Be sure to uncheck "Copy projects into workspace" if it is checked.

Click Finish.

You can now browse the project in Eclipse.
----
However I cannot click the Finish button because Eclipse does not
recognize the project. I think it's because it's missing eclipse
project files.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks

Jaap

carlesla

Apr 13, 2009, 4:09:34 AM4/13/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi ,

I've got the same problem.

In older versions wiht de command word applicationCreator and the
option -eclipse -ignore I could resolve this problem, but not now with
te webAppCreator command because the option -eclipse doesn't exists.

Thanks anybody can help us

Carles

Vitali Lovich

Apr 13, 2009, 5:27:46 AM4/13/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
webAppCreator, from what I remember, automatically creates the ant tasks, eclipse project, & eclipse launch files.

carlesla

Apr 13, 2009, 6:05:55 AM4/13/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks a lot, Vitali.

You're rihgt : webAppCreator creates the eclipse project , and it
doesn't need -ecllipse option like in applicationCreator.

The only problem now is I would like import the Showcase sample, but
webAppCreator command doesn't accept 'Showcase' because it does not
appear be a valid fully-qualified Java class name. ( I've tried this
command : webAppCretaor Showcase -ignore
com.google.gwt.samples.showcase.client.Showcase )

thanks a lot

carles

On Apr 13, 11:27 am, Vitali Lovich <vlov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> webAppCreator, from what I remember, automatically creates the ant tasks,
> eclipse project, & eclipse launch files.

Jeff Chimene

Apr 13, 2009, 3:13:33 PM4/13/09
On 04/13/2009 03:05 AM, carlesla wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Vitali.
>
> You're rihgt : webAppCreator creates the eclipse project , and it
> doesn't need -ecllipse option like in applicationCreator.
>
> The only problem now is I would like import the Showcase sample, but
> webAppCreator command doesn't accept 'Showcase' because it does not
> appear be a valid fully-qualified Java class name. ( I've tried this
> command : webAppCretaor Showcase -ignore
> com.google.gwt.samples.showcase.client.Showcase )
>
> thanks a lot
>
> carles

I just tried this on Eclipse 3.4
1) Create a project named "Showcase"
file > new > project

2) Import the Showcase files
right-click on the project name
> Import
> File System
> From Directory (browse to your eclipse samples installation)
> Showcase (select the directory in the left panel)
> Into folder (Showcase should be the default value)

This will import the source into your workspace. Use build.xml to build
the project. The build will fail as the gwt-servlet.jar is in a shared
directory which doesn't get brought into the project via this method.

carlesla

Apr 14, 2009, 3:13:16 AM4/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you very much, Jeff !

This solution have been right.

carles

spik...@googlemail.com

Apr 19, 2009, 8:14:27 AM4/19/09
to Google Web Toolkit
So what exactly do I have to do?
Where in my Cmdline do i have to go and what do I have to execute to
be able to import the samples as eclipse projects?

Ananda

Apr 19, 2009, 8:40:25 AM4/19/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Use the below command line

projectCreator.cmd -out <projectname> -eclipse <projectName>

Cheers,
Ananda

carlesla

Apr 20, 2009, 5:11:52 PM4/20/09
to Google Web Toolkit
The simplest way I think , for example with Showcase sample, is creat
a new Showcase project with eclipse gwt pluguin, and then import files
from original showcase sample.

With command line you must try webAppCreator in GWT 1.6.

regards

On Apr 19, 2:14 pm, "spike2...@googlemail.com"