Bug: AbsolutePanel.setWidgetPosition() fails in FFox strict mode

Mat Gessel

Jul 12, 2006, 9:54:50 PM7/12/06
to Google Web Toolkit
CSS prohibits values specified without a unit (exception: 0). Firefox
correctly ignores the position specified by
AbsolutePanel.setWidgetPosition(). This breaks popups, menus & dialogs
(including dragging).

See the "Illegal Values" bullet in the CSS spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#parsing-errors

You could say DOM.setIntStyleAttribute() is also defective.

The workaround I plan to implement is change DOM.setIntStyleAttribute()
to append "px" to the specified value.

-= Mat

Azzah

Aug 11, 2006, 4:04:24 AM8/11/06
to Google Web Toolkit
To handle this, I've actually changed the calls from:
DOM.setIntStyleAttribute(h, "left", left);
DOM.setStyleAttribute(h, "left", left + "px");

etc

Aaron Watkins
My Site: http://www.goanntravel.com