An updated GWT 1.4 release

Scott Blum

Nov 2, 2007, 8:30:57 PM11/2/07
to Google Web Toolkit, Google Web Toolkit Contributors
Hi everyone,

It's come to our attention that the GWT 1.4 release (1.4.60) shipped with a bug that can sometimes cause a compiled application to fail to load up in Internet Explorer.  An error will be generated including the words "Operation Aborted".  Most applications are unaffected, but affection applications may fail either intermittently or constantly.  The problem seems to be a timing issue related to how long it takes the page to render.

To resolve this problem, we're shipping an update to the 1.4 release, 1.4.61.  This is available for download now on the Google Code project page:

  http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/downloads/list

Please try it out and let us know immediately if you have any issues.

For reference, more information on the IE error can be found here:

--Scott

mike.burba

Nov 3, 2007, 10:57:15 AM11/3/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have tried this and it fixes my problem on IE7 / Vista. I was
having the problem mentioned above with the hosted browser and with
IE7 (I realize that they're the same thing...)

MKB

roger.j...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2007, 3:12:57 AM11/8/07
to Google Web Toolkit