companies using GWT for production apps.

Mark Volkmann

Feb 16, 2007, 4:11:50 PM2/16/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Is there a list on the web somewhere of companies that have web apps.
in production that were built using GWT? This information can be
useful for making some companies that haven't yet adopted it feel that
they aren't alone in using a relatively new technology. I'm trying to
convince a company to use it now and having this information will help
my case.

Reinier Zwitserloot

Feb 17, 2007, 9:50:50 AM2/17/07
to Google Web Toolkit
The quintessential 'whoa!!' example is gpokr.com, I think.

Though, some slightly more, uh, palatable sites would certainly make a
nice list and probably a good pitch on the GWT site itself.

I've built a GWT app on contract. When it gets put on the web I'll
certainly let you know.

Bob

Feb 17, 2007, 8:07:17 PM2/17/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Yes, our company is using it for our web based version of our desktop
application desgined for Financial Advisors. It took us about 6 - 8
weeks to have a very usable and stable site up and running. It allows
advisors to log onto and generate client reports.

see www.portfoliodirector.com

We are going to be adding a "tour" that display the web page and shows
how clients can log on and generate reports. Right now there is now
way for you to "See" what we did since it is a password protected
site.

darkman97

Feb 18, 2007, 5:47:48 AM2/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Other example is openkm ( www.openkm.com) a DMS since january on
stable version.

You can access to a life demo version if you want to take a look. At
ends april it'll be a new beta, with drag & drop and other
enhancements.

Hope it could be useful to see the power of GWT and creation of
scalable and maintainable aplications.

Martin Gorostegui

Feb 18, 2007, 12:11:55 PM2/18/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
OpenKM is hosted at SourceForge so not only you can run the demo but also you can export the source code from it's SVN and see the java code they implemented to create the frontend. In my opinion it's the best example of GWT usage all around.

Ian Bambury

Feb 18, 2007, 12:50:59 PM2/18/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com

morton2002

Feb 18, 2007, 1:08:23 PM2/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
They have a demo here:
http://www.openkm.com/index.pl/demo2

But most guest accounts are already logged in and I can't get in. I
recall accessing this demo once before and it was built with GWT, but
I can't recall what it demonstrated.

-Robert

On Feb 18, 11:50 am, "Ian Bambury" <ianbamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What part of www.openkm.comis GWT?

> On 18/02/07, Martin Gorostegui <martin.goroste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > OpenKM is hosted at SourceForge so not only you can run the demo but also
> > you can export the source code from it's SVN and see the java code they
> > implemented to create the frontend. In my opinion it's the best example of
> > GWT usage all around.
>

> > On 2/18/07, darkman97 <darkman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Other example is openkm (www.openkm.com) a DMS since january on

> > > stable version.
>
> > > You can access to a life demo version if you want to take a look. At
> > > ends april it'll be a new beta, with drag & drop and other
> > > enhancements.
>
> > > Hope it could be useful to see the power of GWT and creation of
> > > scalable and maintainable aplications.

> --
> Ianhttp://examples.roughian.comhttp://trek08.roughian.comhttp://roughian.com/camino2003/

Luc Claes

Feb 18, 2007, 1:39:15 PM2/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
http://beta.contactoffice.com is built using GWT.
A new beta demonstrating documents + mail + address book + bookmarks
will be available on Wednesday.

Luc

Mark Volkmann

Feb 18, 2007, 3:14:00 PM2/18/07
On Feb 18, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Luc Claes wrote:

> http://beta.contactoffice.com is built using GWT.
> A new beta demonstrating documents + mail + address book + bookmarks
> will be available on Wednesday.

Thanks! I'm collecting information about who is using GWT at http://
www.ociweb.com/mark/GWT.html#WhoIsUsingIt.
I'll continue to update this as I see announcements on this mailing
list.

Amith

Feb 19, 2007, 12:18:08 AM2/19/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Mm using GWT for my site

www.spotDue.com

Test version has been uploaded at www.spotdue.com/beta

thnks

darkman97

Feb 19, 2007, 10:33:52 AM2/19/07
to Google Web Toolkit
There're users since number 9 althought ( user5 since user9 ) if you
have problema to try tell me and I can give a more specific user.

Sorry for the number of test user limitation.

> > Ianhttp://examples.roughian.comhttp://trek08.roughian.comhttp://roughian...

travis...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2007, 6:10:43 PM2/19/07
to Google Web Toolkit
This is not the most elaborate example, but it shows what can be done
quickly with little hassle using GWT.

I knocked up http://www.kidsklogs.com.au for a friend that needed a
basic site quickly. In about 2 weeks of around 2 hours a night I
managed to get the site up and running. Being a java developer, not a
javascript / css expert I was more than impressed with what we ended
up with without having to wade into the difficulties of cross browser
support and javascript.

Chad Bourque

Feb 19, 2007, 6:58:49 PM2/19/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
The site looks good. I like it very much. After a quick run through, I have 1 small suggestion (in two places) for you. On your 2 dialogs, I would recommend change the pointer when you hover over the title bar. That way you know it is movable. Aside from that, everything I saw and tried there looks good and works well.

Good Job,
Chad

  * Those who need closure

jeremi joslin

Feb 20, 2007, 2:21:57 AM2/20/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm also using it in my company for the Curriki
(http://www.curriki.org) project. I'm creating a course editor, but it
has not been released yet, it will be in 4 weeks.

Another guy in my company has also work on a collaborative RSS
aggregator made on GWT.

Both application communicate with XWiki (our back-end) using a generic
API. So that let us create any kind of application on top of our wiki.

jeremi

--
Jeremi Joslin (http://www.jeremi.info)
skype: jeremi23 - jabber: jere...@gmail.com

Mark Volkmann

Feb 20, 2007, 7:40:04 AM2/20/07
On Feb 20, 2007, at 1:21 AM, jeremi joslin wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm also using it in my company for the Curriki
> (http://www.curriki.org) project. I'm creating a course editor, but it
> has not been released yet, it will be in 4 weeks.
>
> Another guy in my company has also work on a collaborative RSS
> aggregator made on GWT.

Can you give us a URL for that one?

Siri Kothe

Mar 16, 2007, 11:59:54 AM3/16/07
to Google Web Toolkit
This is an excellent site. I see that you can do "resizing of panels"
and also drag-and-drops. I Never find these two features anywhere in
GWT examples. Or there any
source code examples explaining how to do these two using GWT?

Thanks.,
Siri

On Feb 18, 11:39 am, "Luc Claes" <luc.cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://beta.contactoffice.comis built using GWT.

Luc Claes

Mar 16, 2007, 12:33:24 PM3/16/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Siri,

On Mar 16, 4:59 pm, "Siri Kothe" <s...@parinetworks.com> wrote:
> This is an excellent site.

Thank you ! :)

> I see that you can do "resizing of panels"
> and also drag-and-drops. I Never find these two features anywhere in
> GWT examples. Or there any
> source code examples explaining how to do these two using GWT?

Those features are not yet implemented in GWT. We've written our own
implementation in the interim.
Splitters are planned for GWT release 1.4
Drag & drop seems to be on top priority for future GWT releases.

The source code of our D&D is available at: http://beta.contactoffice.com
--> demo login --> 'documents' tool --> Groups
--> gwt-contrib

Luc

Reinier Zwitserloot

Mar 18, 2007, 5:00:35 AM3/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Yeah, indeed. For now I'm using that site as why GWT rocks, if you
don't mind, Luc!

It does crash safari after a while :-(

gpokr had the same problem. Heck, that even crashed firefox after a
while. Not anymore though.

charlie...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2007, 10:08:36 AM3/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Google Base and Google Checkout.

Mark Volkmann

Mar 18, 2007, 10:36:16 AM3/18/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com

Thanks! You can see my latest list at http://www.ociweb.com/mark/
gwt.html.
If you know of others, please send them to me and I'll update the list.

Alexino [pleyo.com]

Mar 26, 2007, 3:52:25 AM3/26/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello, I would like to know if this is not to late for proposing his
drag and drop libraries ?

I'm just working on it, and I'm wondering if I have a small chance to
be included in the next GWT ?

Thanks a lot

Alex gorisse

On 16 mar, 18:33, "Luc Claes" <luc.cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Siri,
>
> On Mar 16, 4:59 pm, "Siri Kothe" <s...@parinetworks.com> wrote:
>
> > This is an excellent site.
>
> Thank you ! :)
>
> > I see that you can do "resizing of panels"

> > and alsodrag-and-drops. I Never find these two features anywhere in

> > GWT examples. Or there any
> > source code examples explaining how to do these two using GWT?
>
> Those features are not yet implemented in GWT. We've written our own
> implementation in the interim.

> Splitters are planned for GWT release 1.4Drag&dropseems to be on top priority for future GWT releases.

JonathanIsTh...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2007, 1:06:10 AM3/27/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Might as well give a shameless plug of my own since everybody else is
doing it too. :)

I recently finished implementing OmniSpense.com completely in GWT.
OmniSpense.com is a completely free site that allows you to record
shared expenses like utility bills, groceries, shared lunches, or even
just casual debts between friends. You can also record your personal
expenses with the site, and we are working on features that will
making personal budgeting very easy as well.

Anyway, shameless plug aside... Alex, have you seen the "Making GTW
Better" page (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/
makinggwtbetter.html)? They have a lot of information regarding
making your own contribution to the GWT code. In fact, one of the
features they have listed there under the "Must Haves" is none other
than drag and drop support.

~ Jonathan

Alexino [pleyo.com]

Mar 28, 2007, 3:41:24 PM3/28/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks a lot, this mean I've got all my chance,

I'm really involved in my project, and I'll realise the most optimize
Drag and Drop you'll see...

Today, I can see a lot of troubles with somes google native code, and
Listener too...

First, the native code is just slow in some OS (as Ubuntu) and
Computers (under 1Ghz and 512Ram) and inadaptable on Drag Drop, so
I've just rewrite new Javascript native code..

Second, You have to instance new Listener (or Object) each time you
have a widget to drag for exemple ; now, just imagine you have 7000
TreeItem or Widget in your software, ... I do not imagine to create
7000 new Listeners... So My goal is to build one listener for all
Widget to drag ;)

That are just the weekness i've found on GWT-dnd project...the only
one Drag and drop i've found there...

So, That not really simple, and I hope that google teams will
apreciate my clean code and performant project. And they'll wait until
I finish my project :)

Alex Gorisse

On 27 mar, 07:06, "JonathanIsTheBestNameE...@gmail.com"