Will Google Plugin for Eclipse lineup with Eclipse Galileo Release ?

Ivan Ooi

Jun 22, 2009, 5:10:37 AM6/22/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Will Google Plugin for Eclipse lineup with Eclipse Galileo Release ?

We are using Galileo RC3 and we like it very much!! Plugin installation are more clean cut than before and better speed.
BUT... no Google Plugin for us... :-(

Thanks.

Miguel Méndez

Jun 22, 2009, 8:45:31 AM6/22/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
We are working on support for Galileo which we should release soon.
--
Miguel

Ivan Ooi

Jun 22, 2009, 8:55:31 AM6/22/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
great! nice to hear that! :-D

me3x

Jun 24, 2009, 3:52:07 PM6/24/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Great! Anyway galileo has been released today. Please specify: What
does soon mean? Is it in few days or few weeks or tomorrow?

On Jun 22, 2:45 pm, Miguel Méndez <mmen...@google.com> wrote:
> We are working on support for Galileo which we should release soon.

me3x

Jun 24, 2009, 3:53:37 PM6/24/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Is there some beta or development update site?

On Jun 22, 2:45 pm, Miguel Méndez <mmen...@google.com> wrote:
> We are working on support for Galileo which we should release soon.

Miguel Méndez

Jun 25, 2009, 9:52:58 AM6/25/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
There is no beta or development site at this time.  By soon I mean weeks not month or months.
--
Miguel

akutz

Jun 25, 2009, 10:22:38 AM6/25/09
to Google Web Toolkit
This is the first time I've ever had to delay an Eclipse upgrade
because of a plug-in. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. On
one hand I'm a whore for new tech and badly want to move to Galileo,
on the other hand I can't imagine NOT having the GWT plug-in. *Le
sigh*

lgdito

Jun 25, 2009, 3:33:30 AM6/25/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I´m also waiting for Google eclipse Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 Gallileo
(for OsX Coccoa)

Please let us know when it will be released.
Thanks

Savio Grossi

Jun 25, 2009, 1:50:37 PM6/25/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
+1 wainting for Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 Gallileo (for Linux-GTK)

Thanks

tamsler

Jun 25, 2009, 5:08:53 PM6/25/09
to Google Web Toolkit
+1

On Jun 25, 10:50 am, Savio Grossi <savio.gro...@powerlogic.com.br>

Prashanth

Jun 26, 2009, 4:37:41 AM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
+10 from me!!!
:-)

~Prashanth.

Morpheu5

Jun 26, 2009, 4:45:35 AM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I'd need to reinstall Eclipse due to PDT misbehaviour and I'd love to
go for Galileo, so count me in :)

--
Andrea

Joost

Jun 26, 2009, 2:52:44 AM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I would also like to move forward to Galileo, but I rather have a save
and stable Google plugin for Ganymede and wait a couple of weeks than
move forward with a rushed plugin for Galileo.
So Google guys, please take your time and make it great. Galileo looks
great but I can manage with Ganymede for a few more weeks ;-)

nanotalk

Jun 26, 2009, 8:41:42 PM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Agree. Google guys, please take your time. We'll wait :)

On Jun 26, 1:52 pm, Joost <joost.a.bloem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would also like to move forward toGalileo, but I rather have a save

me3x

Jul 4, 2009, 5:00:07 AM7/4/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Week is gone. Is there something new?

pappfer

Jul 10, 2009, 2:56:58 AM7/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm also waiting for this plugin.
It'd be the best if one would come with 64-bit Linux support, too. I
know I can make it work with 32-bit JRE, but still... it's just not
the same.

Kango_V

Jul 10, 2009, 10:49:04 AM7/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
+1 for 64-bit Linux :)

matthieu vidal

Jul 10, 2009, 3:14:05 AM7/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I have the same request about 64-bit Linux support !!

Rajeev Dayal

Jul 13, 2009, 9:58:37 AM7/13/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that GWT bundles the 32-bit version of SWT, which it requires in order to run the hosted browser. So, you can install the plugin under a 64-bit version of Eclipse. However, you'll have to use a 32-bit JDK for your GWT projects in Eclipse.

The next version of GWT (or, if you build GWT from the trunk) supports Out-of-Process-Hosted-Mode (OOPHM). This allows you to debug your application against a real browser running on the platform, instead of GWT's hosted browser. As a result, GWT no longer needs to bundle SWT, so you'll be able to use a 64-bit JDK with your GWT project.

matthieu vidal

Jul 13, 2009, 10:23:05 AM7/13/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi

Thanks for your answer.

Yes Eclipse 64 bit is working fine with Google Pluggin (using the ia32-
java-6-sun-1.6 JRE). No problem with that. the only point is that it's
not easy to manage 2 differents JRE

I understand that OOPHM will be a great improvement so I will wait for
that.

Thanks